110 replies to this topic

#91 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,100 posts

• Colombia

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:22 AM

The song's production is fantastic, and it feels like a song in which Shakira let loose and experimented with a new genre and sound. The guitar at the end....it's so sensual and amazing. I really think it's a special and fun song and is very atmospheric...feels like she put a lot more effort than in Chantaje/Perro Fiel

you don't know anything about music

#92 Nahlim

Nahlim

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,166 posts
  • Quote:
    Y lo mejor siempre espera adelante...

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:32 AM

STNV deserved an EPIC video and an EPIC live performance, let me not.

True.

142d0y9.jpg

#93 SantiagoShakira

SantiagoShakira

Aló, aló, ¿Hay alguien ahí?

• Platinum®
  • 2,179 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Fría como una estatua de sal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

you don't know anything about music

You don't know anything about racial relations or having tact yet I still don't feel the need to drag you!

Quiero excederme, perseguirte, pretenderte.

Follow me on Instagram @ santiagoalss

#94 john

john

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Shakira is the BEST.

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

Hey sherekan wat makes u think that U do know more about music then anyone else! Im from New Jersey, I have Some Of the biggest radio station in my state. All other station copy whatever the station in the tri state area play. Z100,hot97, la mega 97.9, 93.1. All the music that is playing right now and popular right now sound like TRAP, thats mostly wats winning right now on Latin billboard, Im not saying its the best thing ever but its wats popular. Sometimes I wonder where everyone on here lives, cause I hear people saying she should make coconut tree or when a women a single. I think there is no way those songs will be played, thats not what people r looking for right now.TRAP is wats popular in music right now

#95 ShakiChicago

ShakiChicago

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 931 posts

• United States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

Coconut Tree!!!

#96 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,899 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:17 PM

Hey sherekan wat makes u think that U do know more about music then anyone else! Im from New Jersey, I have Some Of the biggest radio station in my state. All other station copy whatever the station in the tri state area play. Z100,hot97, la mega 97.9, 93.1. All the music that is playing right now and popular right now sound like TRAP, thats mostly wats winning right now on Latin billboard, Im not saying its the best thing ever but its wats popular. Sometimes I wonder where everyone on here lives, cause I hear people saying she should make coconut tree or when a women a single. I think there is no way those songs will be played, thats not what people r looking for right now.TRAP is wats popular in music right now

The thing that bothers a lot of us here about Shakira is that she's taking a lazy approach to the music she releases, and just putting out stuff that sounds like everything else out there without having anything special to offer (ei: Perro fiel, Trap).
In 2005, when reggaeton was becoming a thing she released La Tortura and almost set the world on fire because she made something special with it. It was a mix of rhythms with just a hint of reggaeton, with clever lyrics and a collaborator worthy of her artistry with whom she had amazing chemistry. Her latest collaborations lack every single one of those things.

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#97 eptesicus

eptesicus

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    It's all yackety yack

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

As someone who doesn't listen to trap, Maluma, regeatton, etcetera; I find value in the song. It's well produced and Shakira sounds really good. Song is better than Perro Fiel, Comme Moi/What We Said, and Deja Vu. They all sound cheap and painfully generic.

If she can't help collaborate with other people, she should find artists whom would be able to provide as much talent as she does. Maluma isn't one of them but I don't find him too annoying in the songs she has him in. This is no LT though.

#98 SantiagoShakira

SantiagoShakira

Aló, aló, ¿Hay alguien ahí?

• Platinum®
  • 2,179 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Fría como una estatua de sal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

Coconut Tree!!!

is a fantastic song! That should not be a single.

Trap also sets itself apart from other "trap" songs IMO, like, if you compare it to Maluma's other songs I'd say it is much more high quality. When I hear it I can hear a little bit of the perfectionist Shakira in the production.

Quiero excederme, perseguirte, pretenderte.

Follow me on Instagram @ santiagoalss

#99 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,649 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:57 AM

As someone who doesn't listen to trap, Maluma, regeatton, etcetera; I find value in the song. It's well produced and Shakira sounds really good. Song is better than Perro Fiel, Comme Moi/What We Said, and Deja Vu. They all sound cheap and painfully generic.

If she can't help collaborate with other people, she should find artists whom would be able to provide as much talent as she does. Maluma isn't one of them but I don't find him too annoying in the songs she has him in. This is no LT though.

+1.

Trap's production is actually good compared to the other generic messes like Me Enamore with its cheap synths and beats. It's a shame the guitar lasts for a few seconds only.

Posted Image

http://loreleitales.wordpress.com/

The dream comes true : Η.Ι.Μ Live in Athens September 15th,2007

The dream goes on :H.I.M Live in Athens August 1st, 2014

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#100 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

• Finland

• Quote:
    Oyendo el sonido de tu respirar...

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:14 AM

The guitar is the higlight of the song.
I love the song more every listen and even more with the video.
The greatest thing is yet another genre to Shakiras long list of experiments.

xxNE3JZ.png
¿Is it true that you love me?                ~                  I dare you to kiss me...

#101 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,230 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Por ti seré gaviota de tu bella mar

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

The song's production is fantastic, and it feels like a song in which Shakira let loose and experimented with a new genre and sound. The guitar at the end....it's so sensual and amazing. I really think it's a special and fun song and is very atmospheric...feels like she put a lot more effort than in Chantaje/Perro Fiel

I honestly agree. It's a great slow grinding song, very enjoyable.

Edited by Buls, 09 February 2018 - 11:43 AM.

#102 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,531 posts

• United States

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Deja vu has seriously got to be the worst song on this album, but a close second is definitely trap... it would be comme moi but I give it to that song solely because its in English and i even prefer that video cause Shakira is serving looks.

What are the stats on this song? Is it being played on radio? Is the video gaining views at a slower rate than perro fiel?

#103 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,899 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

I honestly agree. It's a great slow grinding song, very enjoyable.

You and I are no longer kindred spirits... :shakifanatica54:

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#104 lukedio

lukedio

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Interests:Modeling, singing, writing music, reading, lifting weights/ working out, fashion, thinking.

• United States

• Quote:
    Follow me @Luxergio on Instagram

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:55 AM

Trap is good.

#105 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,100 posts

• Colombia

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:02 AM

Deja vu has seriously got to be the worst song on this album, but a close second is definitely trap... it would be comme moi but I give it to that song solely because its in English and i even prefer that video cause Shakira is serving looks.

What are the stats on this song? Is it being played on radio? Is the video gaining views at a slower rate than perro fiel?

exactly

She couldn't get any lower than this

She's such a loser/ñera at times

It hurts

#106 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,839 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

Lmao deja vu is so much better then Comme Moi, whats that garbage even doing on El Dorado??

She should just have kept What We Said on it and leave Comme Moi to Black M

Edited by Gray Fox, 12 February 2018 - 10:10 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#107 wonderman44

wonderman44

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Y aqui abajo unos cuantos nos manejan como fichos de ajedrez. No soy la clase de idiota que se deja convencer y yo digo la verdad y hasta un ciego lo puede ver....

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

STNV deserved an EPIC video and an EPIC live performance, let me not.

Bih she performed this live?? Where have I been 😭

#108 wonderman44

wonderman44

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • 238 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Y aqui abajo unos cuantos nos manejan como fichos de ajedrez. No soy la clase de idiota que se deja convencer y yo digo la verdad y hasta un ciego lo puede ver....

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

You don't know anything about racial relations or having tact yet I still don't feel the need to drag you!

Lmaooo you're petty I love it 😂😂

#109 wonderman44

wonderman44

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • 238 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

Dejavu is a nice song was a decent hit all the gays danced bachata to it in the popular Spanish gay bars in NYC so that says something 😂😂 trap is not as bad as y'all are making it seem. My only initial complaint was that I found the song very repetitive so I used to skip it but I always thought it sounded nice. The video made it better and actually a song worth replaying so I think it'll do ok. Y'all be doing the most sometimes 🙄 I like that she experiments and tries all genres. Yes she it'd be nice if she added her unique twists like she used to but we all know she is not in that stage anymore. She said it her family first so she's taking the easy way out just be glad she's still making music 🙄 and is surprisingly still very popular and successful 😂

#110 sordomuda

sordomuda

I dream a lot but i'm not a very good sleeper

• Platinum®
  • 2,384 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, bellydancing, travelling

• Poland

• Quote:
    Dance Or Die!
    Dare To Dream

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

Bih she performed this live?? Where have I been 😭

No she didnt. Lorelei wishes she performed it.

http://www.shakira.org.pl

5166efb0-f829-0132-f14d-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Momentos inolvidables:

09.12.2010 Berlin

17.05.2011 Łódź

13.06.2011 Paryż

14.06.2011 Paryż

08.10.2011 Kijów

18.06.2012 Gdańsk

27.03.2013 Paryż

#111 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,230 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Por ti seré gaviota de tu bella mar

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

You and I are no longer kindred spirits... :shakifanatica54:

Sometimes the body needs club songs and grinding! You're still my favorite here, it's my taste that's the questionable one. RIP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users