Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Hola a todos

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:30 AM

Personalmente creo que ha mejorado en sus vídeos....Pero no entiendo porque shakira sólo trabaja con el..... Será porque es su amigo y es cómodo y hasta más barato para ella? Imagino que lo que le.debe pagar a un director de renombre debe ser una suma muy alta....Pero....siento que esto estanca su carrera

#2 Mazinger

Mazinger

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Hola a todos

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

I personally believe she uses him cos it's much cheaper ....and it's.more comfortable to.work with a friend..I can't see any other reason rather than money...A well known video artist can.charge her a lot.of money ...it's a shame she doesn't wanna try other.people as I feel she.is not developing as an artist as much as she could

#3 PiesEnLaTierra

PiesEnLaTierra

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

• United States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:09 AM

I personally believe she uses him cos it's much cheaper ....and it's.more comfortable to.work with a friend..I can't see any other reason rather than money...A well known video artist can.charge her a lot.of money ...it's a shame she doesn't wanna try other.people as I feel she.is not developing as an artist as much as she could

She is all about Simple Organic Natural Beauty, Move on to Britney or Beyonce  for huge productions,.. I Learned To not Expect much anymore when it's about Shaki :drink:  I still love her either way.

#4 Lorelei

Lorelei

Dia De Enero

• 7,305 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

She is all about Simple Organic Natural Beauty, Move on to Britney or Beyonce  for huge productions,.. I Learned To not Expect much anymore when it's about Shaki :drink:  I still love her either way.

Are we talking about her makeup routine or her artistic effort? lol

Cause using an old backdrop for your new single wearing clothes from previous performances and having Albert doing the vocals ain't simple organic natural :P

Posted Image

http://loreleitales.wordpress.com/

The dream comes true : Η.Ι.Μ Live in Athens September 15th,2007

The dream goes on :H.I.M Live in Athens August 1st, 2014

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#5 Pefinol

Pefinol

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

• Peru

• Quote:
    La risa

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

Some fans just have to realize that Shakira is not an anglo artist. What you find mediocre, cheap and simple It's just a different way to understand and express artistic intentions and esthetics. 'El dorado' it's a tribute to that cultural ways of understanding art that she embraces as a Latino artist, and had to left behind during SW and 'Shakira.' 'cause she was trying to reach other cultural ways.

tumblr_ogui1qglPh1qdafsho1_500.gif

tumblr_n0pm7u8ME91sjew17o1_400.gif

#6 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• PlatinumŽ
  • 1,944 posts

• Colombia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

Some fans just have to realize that Shakira is not an anglo artist. What you find mediocre, cheap and simple It's just a different way to understand and express artistic intentions and esthetics. 'El dorado' it's a tribute to that cultural ways of understanding art that she embraces as a Latino artist, and had to left behind during SW and 'Shakira.' 'cause she was trying to reach other cultural ways.

I've been trying to school these kids for decades but you couldn't have said any better.

This.. all the way, this.

Ps. And that's why Don't bother was a mistake and it flopped the way it did. It was sent to the wrong audience.

#7 Mazinger

Mazinger

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Hola a todos

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

So are only Anglo artists the right to be creative ??? Oh please..... shakira is lazy

#8 Elif

Elif

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,845 posts
  • Quote:
    it's a suicide waiting another day

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

She surely is but why is this in Shakira news?

#9 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• PlatinumŽ
  • 1,944 posts

• Colombia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

So are only Anglo artists the right to be creative ??? Oh please..... shakira is lazy

You're missing the point.

It's nothing to do with being creative or not.

She was too gringa when she crossed over, she had to think like a gringa in order to fit in that market. Same as with the mongoose tour. It worked out yes. But that's not her nature. Reality kicked in.

#10 Mick

Mick

Give It Up To Me

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 14,644 posts
  • Interests:None.

• United States

• Quote:
    "Ya no se si he vivido diez mil dias o un dia diez mil veces."

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Shereken & his post about Nada for this one.

Shakira is and will always be a pop/rock artist...the core of her music has always had rock as its heart. She became a pop star (I don't know if it was personal choice?) because of her looks and versatility...but at her core she will always be a pop/rock artist. Sure, she dabbled in basically every genre but as she said herself "all under the roof of rock & roll".

And that translates to her stage presence and everything else. Sure TOTM was amazing, but I don't expect her to do elaborate shows with fire, cobras, 50' screens, etc. when she can command a stage without any of that unlike her contemporaries (as evidenced by OFT).

Does anyone remember how uncomfortable she looked with 48163749193649 back up dancers at the BBMA's when she did GIUTM? She isn't used to that at all...even when she murdered the stage for the NBA half time show, you could tell she felt uneasy with so many back up dancers.

Has anyone actually stopped & thought about the fact that she was always in it for the music?

Leave it to Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, etc. to be puppets of the industry...because unlike Shakira, they were all basically forced and/or were in a privileged position to begin with.

Edited by Mick, 20 May 2017 - 01:54 PM.

"Si Pudiera Exocisarme De Tu Voz"

#11 Lorelei

Lorelei

Dia De Enero

• 7,305 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Ugh, not again with the "Shakira doesn't need smoke and mirrors because she's better" argument. I would love it if she served visuals and high quality material, just like TOTM. OFT had that auburn hair which i don't think it suited her at all, too many ballads and it was basically TOTM without the coolness and the attitude. Love DB, NO and La Pared though. Brilliant performances.

The OP is talking about the evident lack of creativity and her below mediocre team ( Jaume etc) , not about stage props, backup dancers and immense production. She ain't doing that even though it was a nice change back in 2009, too bad GIUTM sucked as a song and it is literally forgotten by everyone out there, Shakira included. 

Anyway, this thread should be moved in the Shakira talk, this is the news section.

Posted Image

http://loreleitales.wordpress.com/

The dream comes true : Η.Ι.Μ Live in Athens September 15th,2007

The dream goes on :H.I.M Live in Athens August 1st, 2014

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#12 Mazinger

Mazinger

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Hola a todos

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Ok I don't care.if.she has fireworks or not in her music videos...if.She wants to do minimalist and organic videos ...do it but with different artists not just her friend la iguana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users