Photo

El Dorado World Tour 2017/18 (Spoiler Chat)

• Please log in to reply
2357 replies to this topic

#2341 Lo Imprescindible

Lo Imprescindible

Cold Hard Bitch

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,078 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    I'll make you squeal baby

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

I got an email stating they were not giving refunds because the event was not being canceled only postponed. I guess some vendors are holding out until its canceled before refunding.

tumblr_lvx6uxBE461qb61ido2_r1_400.gif

Shakira slayage is upon us!

#2342 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,823 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

I got an email stating they were not giving refunds because the event was not being canceled only postponed. I guess some vendors are holding out until its canceled before refunding.

That's actually so stupid, some people cannot even go on the new dates, or are they waiting untill the new dates are released? 

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#2343 sordomuda

sordomuda

I dream a lot but i'm not a very good sleeper

• Platinum®
  • 2,334 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, bellydancing, travelling

• Poland

• Quote:
    Dance Or Die!
    Dare To Dream

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:27 AM

That's actually so stupid, some people cannot even go on the new dates, or are they waiting untill the new dates are released? 

No, they are waiting for new dates.as soon as there will be new dates i think we can get a refund then. When Gaga cancelled her tour you could choose whether you want a refund or go to a new date becayse ticket was still valid.

http://www.shakira.org.pl

5166efb0-f829-0132-f14d-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Momentos inolvidables:

09.12.2010 Berlin

17.05.2011 Łódź

13.06.2011 Paryż

14.06.2011 Paryż

08.10.2011 Kijów

18.06.2012 Gdańsk

27.03.2013 Paryż

#2344 SHAKILICIOUS

SHAKILICIOUS

Barefoot Diamond

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,293 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    We come alone and alone we die.
    -Marina Lambrini Diamandis

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:18 AM

Beautiful words.
And yeah I agree I feel like her career is making her pay for saying that this was now a hobbie.
It is not a hobbie, it cannot be a hobbie when you're Shakira.
The biggest star alive on earth.
Lesson learned.

I really hope this is lesson learned.

Cause even if WE see her as one of the biggest stars, she definitely doesn't see herself as one.

She's been behaving like a local Colombian artist for the last 5-6 years... She's been acting like she doesn't realize who she is, what she could do if wanted, how big (and BIGGER) her career could be. And then she said music is just a hobby for me now. You're Shakira, your whole existence was music... This sounds silly... But I respected it. 

Then she seemed like it was all interesting to her again... Rehearsing and touring etc... And I got excited..

We all know what happened next...

Anyway, my point is I really wish she learnt her lesson. She can't joke around and be careless with her health and her career. If she's not serious about it, she should retire once and for all. For her sake and for ours... (her sake=health&happiness) (our sake=disappointments&frustration&dreams)

#2345 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,467 posts

• United States

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

The thing is that she didnt take She Wolfs underperformance too well; she took it to heart. Even Beyonces Album 4, didnt do too hot and for the most part was slightly put aside but that never stopped her from coming back harder than before. Shakira sort of gave up after that and never took it seriously...... SEL and the mess of a tour that followed.

She sort of took a joyride on her Name for all these years but if she doesnt take control of the wheel soon her name will soon mean nothing. Shes already lost so much credibility over the years....

Shes truly blessed to be as relevant as she is today, considering all things. Still selling out some shows... billions of views on YouTube... a lot of international media outlets still post anythingnband everything about her... shes critically aclamined by her peers... etc etc. I just wish she would take care of that a bit more, she can still do so while never jeopardizing her motherhood and stuff.

#2346 shaki.fixation

shaki.fixation

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

• Mexico

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

The thing is that she didnt take She Wolfs underperformance too well; she took it to heart. Even Beyonces Album 4, didnt do too hot and for the most part was slightly put aside but that never stopped her from coming back harder than before. Shakira sort of gave up after that and never took it seriously...... SEL and the mess of a tour that followed.

She sort of took a joyride on her Name for all these years but if she doesnt take control of the wheel soon her name will soon mean nothing. Shes already lost so much credibility over the years....

Shes truly blessed to be as relevant as she is today, considering all things. Still selling out some shows... billions of views on YouTube... a lot of international media outlets still post anythingnband everything about her... shes critically aclamined by her peers... etc etc. I just wish she would take care of that a bit more, she can still do so while never jeopardizing her motherhood and stuff.

THIS.
Posted Image

#2347 Lo Imprescindible

Lo Imprescindible

Cold Hard Bitch

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,078 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    I'll make you squeal baby

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:08 PM

She also has a horrible team with her. Its been known for years that her management team was horrible. They cant even motivate her to promote properly nor keep her spirits up about her career. Its simply sad that she feels her musical efforts go nowhere.

Its her fault and her teams.

tumblr_lvx6uxBE461qb61ido2_r1_400.gif

Shakira slayage is upon us!

#2348 ShakiRico

ShakiRico

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Pop music from the 1950's til today, cinema & drag queen fights,

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Colombian with the swagger.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:38 AM

I really hope this is lesson learned.
Cause even if WE see her as one of the biggest stars, she definitely doesn't see herself as one.
She's been behaving like a local Colombian artist for the last 5-6 years... She's been acting like she doesn't realize who she is, what she could do if wanted, how big (and BIGGER) her career could be. And then she said music is just a hobby for me now. You're Shakira, your whole existence was music... This sounds silly... But I respected it. 

Then she seemed like it was all interesting to her again... Rehearsing and touring etc... And I got excited..

We all know what happened next...

Anyway, my point is I really wish she learnt her lesson. She can't joke around and be careless with her health and her career. If she's not serious about it, she should retire once and for all. For her sake and for ours... (her sake=health&happiness) (our sake=disappointments&frustration&dreams)

I see what you mean and i partially agree with you. The thing is she took her Laundry Service success for granted. And instead of delivering an album in 2003 or 4 she waited. She did FO1 which was great and much more mature,made sense in her discography, though it didn't have a clear direction. And on the other hand OF2 that was NOT a good follow up to LS. She had worked with rock producers it could have been bigger, stronger,it's not a bad album it's just flat and every song is a filler. And yes even Timor and Animal City. She thought she was the shit. And that broke her confidence in herself as a popstar. Her English discography is inconsistent, so it's no wonder that an English speaking audience who doesn't speak Spanish feels kinda lost when it comes to her. LS/OF2/SW/PERIOD there's nothing alike

#2349 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,520 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

The self titled didn't make sense as an english comeback album 5 years after SW.

Despite the heavy promo, the T Mobile collab (what happened to that?) the target commercials, the Voice, it was messy.

Posted Image

http://loreleitales.wordpress.com/

The dream comes true : Η.Ι.Μ Live in Athens September 15th,2007

The dream goes on :H.I.M Live in Athens August 1st, 2014

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#2350 ShakiRico

ShakiRico

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Pop music from the 1950's til today, cinema & drag queen fights,

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Colombian with the swagger.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:56 AM

It felt like an album for The Voice. When I see what Gwen Stefani and Xtina did when they were on the voice. It feels as if they want them to record an album that reflects a standardized image of themselves rather than them actually evolving as artists. Not saying there's nothing that doesn't represent them but there's a more manufactured side

#2351 Infinity.

Infinity.

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,984 posts

• Canada

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:28 AM

I always thought Shakira could make an amazing alternative album; somewhere in the lines of The XX and Lorde. She needs louder and more commanding drums in her music, some deep synths, a muddy bass, and some reverb-y guitar.

WEBSITE / SOUNDCLOUD / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM

DISCOVER MY FIRST EP, VISIONS00. PM ME FOR A FREE COPY. 

#2352 Ellis

Ellis

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

I always thought Shakira could make an amazing alternative album; somewhere in the lines of The XX and Lorde. She needs louder and more commanding drums in her music, some deep synths, a muddy bass, and some reverb-y guitar.

Yes! When she did the cranberrys zombie on carpool karaoke i got so over excited, I am still hoping for a cover of this on the tour 🙈

#2353 lookitscarlos

lookitscarlos

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    *for you, I'd move to a communist country*

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

Yes! When she did the cranberrys zombie on carpool karaoke i got so over excited, I am still hoping for a cover of this on the tour 🙈

OMG a zombie cover would be e.very.thing! I loved it during carpool karaoke

#2354 hydroponicpot

hydroponicpot

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    nice to meet you but i gotta go my way

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:05 AM

Yea I agree about the self titled album 

It's like no effort was made 

A self titled album is just pure laziness and just uncreative 

And for OF2...yea it didn't really follow up LS like it should have 

#2355 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,082 posts

• Colombia

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:28 AM

Extraño tu voz...

#2356 Ellis

Ellis

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:46 AM

Woah. Hang on. What is Brendans Facebook picture about?? Shaks stage setup, the full band and fans in the arena??

#2357 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,520 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:32 AM

Woah. Hang on. What is Brendans Facebook picture about?? Shaks stage setup, the full band and fans in the arena??

It was the event before Cologne

Posted Image

http://loreleitales.wordpress.com/

The dream comes true : Η.Ι.Μ Live in Athens September 15th,2007

The dream goes on :H.I.M Live in Athens August 1st, 2014

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#2358 Ellis

Ellis

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:54 AM

Ah fair. I missed that entirely 😂

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users