183 replies to this topic

#181 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,253 posts

• United States

Posted Today, 02:27 PM

I haven't heard the song so I won't say whether it's good or bad. The song could be good yet still be reggaeton.

I just think the song will feel dated and probably deminish Shakira's perception as a global artist. But maybe she needed to throw an album like this out so she re-stablishes her A list tittle in the Hispanic market.

Wishfully hoping that an English album is planned soon. But I don't even think that will ever happen. She didn't even want to record her part for the Sean Paul song in English.

#182 escalestri

escalestri

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Spain

Posted Today, 02:45 PM

Im fed up with "reggetoneros" with their limitated narcisistic masculine vision of love... but must admit Perro fiel snippet is on my head over and over.....

#183 ShakiRico

ShakiRico

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pop music from the 1950's til today, cinema & drag queen fights,

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Colombian with the swagger.

Posted Today, 02:50 PM

Shakira's perception as a global artist has been deminished a long time ago among many latinos since she did laundry service. I always feel like there's those who root for her in the GP (in Latin America or elsewhere) because she has catchy songs. And honestly all of the people I know (and those I don't know lol)) who aren't latinos don't perceive her as a pop icon a la *throw iconic pop name here* or an artist. They see her as a generic Latin act. That's the truth. Most people that listen to her here only know her catchy songs. And don't understand the lyrics. Clearly we can't compare the wittyness of LT to chantaje Or the sweet lyrics of me enamoré. Overall I understand that some of you here are disappointed she's teaming with mainstream reggaeton names or bachata. And she could team up with more iconic older singers. And yes I know Carlos Vives is legendary. But he's been working hard on coming back after some years with less commercial success. Overall I think Shakira is 40 and she wants to stay relevant with younger audiences. Even though I share disappointment with many of you here I'm excited for this era before baby 3.

Edited by ShakiRico, Today, 02:55 PM.

#184 Faheemcanta

Faheemcanta

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

• Nigeria

• Quote:
    Right back at you I'll survive.

Posted Today, 03:01 PM

Ok, now this is another thing..

Perro Fiel will be a huge hit from this album, and let me explain you why:

-Nicky Jam is the biggest reggaeton act right now in LATAM. 
-This kind of reggaeton ballads are huge in radio station right now, and Nicky Jam is the King on this field
-Nicky Jam's fanbase are women from 16 to 25 years old, the ones who call the radio station and request songs
-Plus, it has Shakira which is a bold name in the industry in LATAM
-Both are powerful names in social media in LATAM.

ALSO:

This is the very first time that Shakira makes a PURE reggaeton song. La Tortura, Me Enamoré, Chantaje or Hips Don't Lie are pop songs with reggaeton beats. This being a pure reggaeton sound makes me believe that many listeners will play this a lot more than any other song.

Perro Fiel will be bigger than La Bicicleta and Deja Vu, for sure.

I don't think so..... But this is one of the few instances I really want to be wrong.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

sherekan®, matea.cro, JMO®, Jump Start, Faheemcanta