24 replies to this topic

#1 villadelsur

villadelsur

Recompensa

• Platinum®
  • 2,403 posts

• Argentina

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

sorry if this topic is useless but I wanted to know if shakiragallery would be available again any time soon or you can't use the domain.
In some days Shakira starts touring again so I was wondering if the web would be up again for that time
thanks!!and sorry for starting a topic of this
Signature too big ~ Please read the rules.

#2 shakiman

shakiman

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    to make music is creat somthing that new and unique not some crap that you hear coming out of an ass

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

i have to say the webmaster or whoever deals with stuff like this sure does not know how to do things you people do not need to close up the entire gallery it was only a batch of a few pics that were illegal to show come one people wake up please

#3 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,875 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

Smartass there is WAY more involved then just a bunch of illegal pics, think before you speak out.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#4 shakiman

shakiman

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    to make music is creat somthing that new and unique not some crap that you hear coming out of an ass

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

what else is involved fill me in here

#5 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy interacting with all types of people from all types of cultures.

• United States

• Quote:
    It is a black day. But I am a cookiemaker. I slap pink icing on the sadness and lick my fingers.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

It's the possibility that it can happen again. Pictures will obviously have to be approved by admins before being posted now. Isn't that the way it is in the Shakira.com community? I don't go there because, well, ya'll know why.....

Posted Image

#6 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

It's the possibility that it can happen again. Pictures will obviously have to be approved by admins before being posted now. Isn't that the way it is in the Shakira.com community?

I read somewhere else that Shakira's PR did all this on purpose so they can have control over the pictures that get uploaded to her most famous gallery. I don't know...
Posted Image

Keep Abortion Legal... for the sake of music.

#7 Nikotine

Nikotine

Forum Bitch♥

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,904 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Invítame a pasarme por el lado salvaje donde yo no tenga que llevar maquillaje

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

I think I missed something. :unsure:

69dtg2.jpg

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Nikki Raves | Tumblr
I saw Shakira in:
Dallas, Texas - The Sun Comes Out Tour - 01.Oct.10

iodine lutetium vanadium yttrium oxygen uranium aluminum sulfur oxygen. :blush:

#8 tomas

tomas

Shakrates.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

I understand why they've stopped uploading photos at the moment but is it really necessary to take the entire site down?

They should open it back up but stop all future uploads until they change the methods of uploading photos.

#9 tomas

tomas

Shakrates.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

I think I missed something. :unsure:

A photo agency paid hundreds of thousand for photos of Shakira holding hands with Pique which they were going to sell to magazines. Someone hacked into the companies servers and uploaded the photos to ShakiraGallery.com. Photo agency very unhappy... threatens legal action against anyone who uses the photos. ShakiraGallery was cited in articles all around the world as the place they were first published.

#10 Marian's

Marian's

Recompensa

• Platinum®
  • 2,386 posts

• Argentina

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

A photo agency paid hundreds of thousand for photos of Shakira holding hands with Pique which they were going to sell to magazines. Someone hacked into the companies servers and uploaded the photos to ShakiraGallery.com. Photo agency very unhappy... threatens legal action against anyone who uses the photos. ShakiraGallery was cited in articles all around the world as the place they were first published.

Wait, are we talking about the pictures where she's wearing black clothes and pique is holding hands with her and getting in the car?

Are those pictures so important? I've seen them in every magazine here and come on...they are not really kissing or anything.

Posted Image

She [Britney] does a magnificent show, but Gaga composes her own music, plays piano, sings, directs...The two that I admire the most are Gaga and Shakira. She's good at everything. She does choreography, dances, sings, plays drums, the complete package.

#11 Nikotine

Nikotine

Forum Bitch♥

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,904 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Oh dear lord, what is wrong with this world?

69dtg2.jpg

I saw Shakira in:

#12 E

E

cool, i get to have a custom member title.

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:
    my quote is to not have a quote.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

guys, when 60 thousand dollar pics are involved, we're lucky they didnt do anything to us. closing the site for a while is the best thing to do for now. but in my understanding, it will be back eventually.

#13 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

The gallery is closed because we need to work out security issues in the gallery. Also we need to verify if there are more pictures that are not supposed to be on the gallery. We aim to re-open the gallery as soon as possible, but we can't tell you exactly when.
Know that we don't like the gallery to be closed, we want new pictures to be on the gallery as soon as possible. The tour is resuming soon, lots of new pictures are coming. As you may have heard or read in the press the police is investigating the leaked pictures, so we can't just ignore this. Beside that, sometimes it's better to keep low profile when everyone's watching you.

@shakiman you might want to think before you speak, apparently you have no idea how big ShakiraMedia is and what is going on. If we aren't carefull we can get into even bigger trouble. I opened the gallery 7 years ago and I'd like to make that a 7 years more.

Edited by LilAngel, 28 February 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#14 pachiotti

pachiotti

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

The gallery is closed because we need to work out security issues in the gallery. Also we need to verify if there are more pictures that are not supposed to be on the gallery. We aim to re-open the gallery as soon as possible, but we can't tell you exactly when.
Know that we don't like the gallery to be closed, we want new pictures to be on the gallery as soon as possible. The tour is resuming soon, lots of new pictures are coming. As you may have heard or read in the press the police is investigating the leaked pictures, so we can't just ignore this. Beside that, sometimes it's better to keep low profile when everyone's watching you.

@shakiman you might want to think before you speak, apparently you have no idea how big ShakiraMedia is and what is going on. If we aren't carefull we can get into even bigger trouble. I opened the gallery 7 years ago and I'd like to make that a 7 years more.

It's impossible to control (for any admin) if the photos uploaded are legal or it don't compromise the privacy of somebody. The only solution is to introduce a legal notice that can free the gallery (the owner) from any responsibility for all the material uploaded.
You Contact ImageShack (is courios: imageSHAcK.. :shakifanatica54: ) or similar webpages and ask their legal guarantees. And apply the same guarantees. It is the only strategy.

I would re-open, immediately, the page without the function upload.

Edited by pachiotti, 01 March 2011 - 12:14 AM.

Lo del casamiento es algo que me he enterado por ustedes. Espero que si me voy a casar por lo menos me manden la invitación de mi casamiento!
SHAKIRA.

#15 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

Well we are looking into that, but it's kind of complicated. We already had a disclaimer like that on our site, but you can't always hide behind that.

#16 NinjaNumberNine

NinjaNumberNine

Chaotically Consistent.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,182 posts
  • Interests:Chess.

• United States

• Quote:
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.

- Albert Einstein

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:49 AM

Wait, are we talking about the pictures where she's wearing black clothes and pique is holding hands with her and getting in the car?

Are those pictures so important? I've seen them in every magazine here and come on...they are not really kissing or anything.

Yeah but it's something for them to spread rumors with. The press is such a disgusting beast. And holding hands is the most Shaki'll do for them so they have to try making it all up.. the alleged relation, etc.

Oh dear lord, what is wrong with this world?

Obviously it's just justin beibers work... hack the server, steal the photos, spread this stories about Pique dude, kick down the Shakiragallery site, then get the heck out of there. :shakifanatica54:

and the story goes on. At least we got famous for it before the site was down. :shakifanatica54: :shakirachick276:
Whatever the press says, it's the fans that count at the end of the day cause nuthin the press outputs lasts more than a week anyway. Of course the legal issues can take longer than that though.. I hope you're able to work it out easily, I love the gallery!

Edited by NinjaNumberNine, 01 March 2011 - 01:50 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image __
it has cats. it isn't cute. and the universe remains intact.

ןɯʇɥ˙ǝɔɹnosuıʎǝʞ/8523144/n/ɯoɔ˙xoqdoɹp˙ןp//:dʇʇɥ ˙uʍop ǝpısdn s,ʇı ƃɯo

#17 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

Good news for you all, gallery is open again. ;)
Please be aware that we didn't have time yet to add new pictures. And only admins can upload pictures to the gallery for the moment. If you have pictures, scans, etc you can email them to me or send me a PM. Source MUST be included! otherwise not added.

#18 ika_hi

ika_hi

VIP

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

• Indonesia

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:53 AM

yeah! waiting for new pics from the tour
:blackdreamer:
"I don't feel the flame again.
I don't wanna have to pretend
that I'm still in love with you."

(Anggun - Broken Dream)

#19 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:02 AM

Please be aware that we didn't have time yet to add new pictures. And only admins can upload pictures to the gallery for the moment. If you have pictures, scans, etc you can email them to me or send me a PM. Source MUST be included! otherwise not added.

thank you so much, i guess you never realise how important something is until you lose it :P
I wonder if you had to delete many pictures?
Posted Image

Keep Abortion Legal... for the sake of music.

#20 Nikotine

Nikotine

Forum Bitch♥

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,904 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

Obviously it's just justin beibers work... hack the server, steal the photos, spread this stories about Pique dude, kick down the Shakiragallery site, then get the heck out of there. :shakifanatica54:

again, I say, what is wrong with this world? :unome:

69dtg2.jpg

I saw Shakira in:

#21 NinjaNumberNine

NinjaNumberNine

Chaotically Consistent.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,182 posts
  • Interests:Chess.

• United States

• Quote:
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.

- Albert Einstein

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

again, I say, what is wrong with this world? :unome:

In two words- (I won't get into details for the sake of brevity):
A LOT. :NYANKS:

-Chris

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image __
it has cats. it isn't cute. and the universe remains intact.

ןɯʇɥ˙ǝɔɹnosuıʎǝʞ/8523144/n/ɯoɔ˙xoqdoɹp˙ןp//:dʇʇɥ ˙uʍop ǝpısdn s,ʇı ƃɯo

#22 pachiotti

pachiotti

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

This photo must be uploaded (it is the final ONE):
http://www.imagebam....0a91e3121651006

Here all the photos:
http://eyeprime.blog...rriving-at.html
Lo del casamiento es algo que me he enterado por ustedes. Espero que si me voy a casar por lo menos me manden la invitación de mi casamiento!
SHAKIRA.

#23 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

I wonder if you had to delete many pictures?

No, we chose to build in a report function (great work Xandrios!) so they legitimate owner can report them to be removed. It's too much work going through all of our pictures.

This photo must be uploaded (it is the final ONE):http://www.imagebam....0a91e3121651006Here all the photos:http://eyeprime.blog...rriving-at.html

Thanks. Yeah I saw those pictures but they could be from the agency that reported two sets of pictures (one being the well known Pique pictures), which are also on that blog. So we'd rather not add them now.

#24 El Misterioso

El Misterioso

What's up?

• Platinum®
  • 1,292 posts

• Germany

• Quote:
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. [Samuel Johnson]

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

[Well, the admins have searched for other skeletons in the closet. However then they also need check the uploaded videos for potential copyright issues.

Well we are looking into that, but it's kind of complicated. We already had a disclaimer like that on our site, but you can't always hide behind that.

That wouldn't help in a German court, for example.

#25 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

Very good news.

Please post the email address for the picture uploads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users