14279 replies to this topic

#14251 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,601 posts

• United States

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:19 PM

Have we ever thought that she wolf ( the song) just isnt ALL THAT great? It ma certainly fun, but I mean, look at the current views for it on YouTube.

She song didnt do better because the song was -better.

I agree though that her tscot was a disaster. The only thing I liked about it was the extended belly dance number during ojos así.... but even watching that with her burnt hair hurts me lol. I enjoy watching the video of that performance from Montreal, the first show.

#14252 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,797 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:52 AM

Opening with underwelming songs like Pienso En Ti (WHY) 

the giant head which would appear on three songs only(and after a few months would be completely removed), the tired TDM/CS/Inevitable/STV recylced fest, the unnecessary long crowd interaction in WW plus the UTTERLY unnecessary LONG violin interlude in OA and the missing second verse, her changing the lyrics for Pique and then cutting songs off in several countries, the costumes looking like something a mom would make for her kid's school play....Tragic times. I think it's the most disappointing tour because before that, she had promised a great conceptual tour which would be very intricate so she built hype among the fans and as a result we got that.

Edited by Lorelei, 03 February 2019 - 12:54 AM.

2di0ia8.jpg

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#14253 Greatness

Greatness

Got dizzy dancing tango

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,130 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Video Games, Movies, Sports, TV Shows

• United States

• Quote:
    El cielo esta cansado ya de ver la lluvia caer

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:34 AM

It's hard for me to be tired of any setlist since I've never seen her live lol.

But I think we can all agree that Si Te Vas should be taken off. I was gonna say Te Dejo Madrid too, but I realized how awesome it would be to actually hear it on tour live. Same with Inevitable.

And come on, Ciega Sordomuda is iconic though. What she should do is simply change the rendition of it. Maybe do it Unplugged style?

#14254 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,151 posts

• Colombia

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:38 PM

It's hard for me to be tired of any setlist since I've never seen her live lol.

But I think we can all agree that Si Te Vas should be taken off. I was gonna say Te Dejo Madrid too, but I realized how awesome it would be to actually hear it on tour live. Same with Inevitable.

And come on, Ciega Sordomuda is iconic though. What she should do is simply change the rendition of it. Maybe do it Unplugged style?

You'd better have a good excuse mister!

How did you miss the tour?!

If it's too private never mind me.

#14255 Suvad

Suvad

Enter ye therein in peace and serenity.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,696 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    “When it comes to men it's known that I end up choosing wrong.”
    - Shakira

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

This is not a knock on her - Shakira is already a legend, she doesnt need to work another day in her life if she doesnt want to.

I think she no longer has the interest in putting in the effort it would take to be #1 in America again. She cant just put out songs & videos from Barca. She needs to spend weeks/months in the States doing promo - Fallon, Kimmel, SNL, awards shows, radio stations, guest judging/performing on AGT/The Voice, etc. I think she still has the talent and am sure shell continue putting out killer singles, albums, and videos. I just dont think she has the inclination to do the hard work it would take to get them to the top in America.

And Im OK with that. As long as we keep getting more from Shakira, and she tours again in a year or two, shell continue to remain successful and relevant.

agreed for the most part. but it's exactly because of the bolded part that i marvel at her choice of music and singles lately. if she's going the reggaeton/mainstream route, it actually makes more sense to live up to the image and commit fully but if she's already stated she has no interest in fully committing then why not abandon such cheap mainstream ideas and focus more on her artistry? she has no need for the money and she's admitted she has no interest in the exposure so what's preventing her from letting go? she could reinvent herself a lot more organically this way and indirectly let the world know she has no interest anymore in anything but her own artistry and self-expression.

people here are asking for pop-rock and/or dance shakira like it's the two camps of the past decade all over again each predicting their recipe will be a renewal of her success but all i want from her is an album of coconut trees, when a womans, and chasing shadows' and to dig deeper so she could be reborn as an artist. who knows? if it's profound and fresh enough (and well-produced, of course), things could go serendipitously enough for it to catch on with the younger generations and become a wider than anticipated success and even then it wouldn't be more than a positive side effect because it wouldn't be the thing she was chasing in the first place. i think allowing herself to do something like this would be freeing both as an artist and as a person.

#14256 Greatness

Greatness

Got dizzy dancing tango

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,130 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:07 AM

You'd better have a good excuse mister!

How did you miss the tour?!

If it's too private never mind me.

The closest location would see me have to fly on a plane or take the bus for like 20 hours, plus money doesn't grow on trees.

But I should have still gone anyway to be honest. I mean she was touring in the USA in the summer before the school semesters started, so should have just convinced my parents but oh well...

#14257 Greatness

Greatness

Got dizzy dancing tango

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,130 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:18 AM

Oh by the way, what song did Vuelve sample, if at all?

#14258 RLW

RLW

She Wolf

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,782 posts
  • Interests:Science and Mathematics

• United States

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:37 PM

No more Shakira birthday videos?  :(

#14259 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,879 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:22 AM

Do we agree TSCOT is her worst tour?

I mean, it's OFT vol.2 with damaged hair and ugly outfits. If it wasn't for the medley, this would have been a complete shitstorm. At least poor small budget OFT fit the theme of the era and those Cavalli costumes, dance acts, No and DB>>>> TSCOT garbage screens and mask 

Not this thread turning into Shakira Random thoughts :P

I personally dont feel that it is, its an unpopulair fan upinion but I feel that OFT is the most boring tour, thats mostly due to the boring setlist, and no special effects or noteworthy interludes.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#14260 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,797 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

I personally dont feel that it is, its an unpopulair fan upinion but I feel that OFT is the most boring tour, thats mostly due to the boring setlist, and no special effects or noteworthy interludes.

Almost none of her tours have super special effects. EDT came close, there was a lot of fireworks involved and the LED screen on the catwalk but it is no mega production. OFT had more bellydancing and she was going off with the moves. She could have switched it up by replacing Hey You with Animal City or Costume makes the clown. Also that fast paced version of Pies Descalzos was hideous and annoying. Other than that, i think her tours always get afflicted by the poor setlist choices more or less. I believe it derives from her desire to cater to everyone who attends her show, not just the super fans. She needs to start mixing her songs cause we'll be dancing to the TOTM versions till she retires :P

2di0ia8.jpg

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#14261 Greatness

Greatness

Got dizzy dancing tango

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,130 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

I apologize for the long post in advance. I've recently been getting back into Shak's discography the last month and have a new found appreciation for her so I've been thinking a lot about her music.

Almost none of her tours have super special effects. EDT came close, there was a lot of fireworks involved and the LED screen on the catwalk but it is no mega production. OFT had more bellydancing and she was going off with the moves. She could have switched it up by replacing Hey You with Animal City or Costume makes the clown. Also that fast paced version of Pies Descalzos was hideous and annoying. Other than that, i think her tours always get afflicted by the poor setlist choices more or less. I believe it derives from her desire to cater to everyone who attends her show, not just the super fans. She needs to start mixing her songs cause we'll be dancing to the TOTM versions till she retires :P

I think she lacks confidence in her newer material. There's a reason why so few songs from the self-titled were on tour. Even songs from the OF/FO days are lacking. Meanwhile she still busts out Si Te Vas everytime  :P.

But yeah all of her albums including Laundry Service tend to sound weak compared with the first 2.

There's something about the production that bothers me.

It's not her vocals nor the songs.
It's the overall production.

Actually, I know the reason you feel this way.

PD and DELL had some major elements in common that the remaining albums only have in small doses, or don't have at all.

Folk-vibe (Harmonicas, for instance)

Songs about contemporary society (this also fits in with the folk vibe)

Better vocal control, usage, and range

Complex instrumentation that you can hear

For instance, compare the instrumentals and song structure of the songs Sale el Sol and Pies Descalzos, Suenos Blancos. Sale el Sol's background instrumentation and overall structure is very simple and barebones compared to Pies Descalzos Suenos Blancos. SES legit sounds boring in comparison to PDSB. 

You also mention that it's not the vocals, but I think it is. She's using her vibrato and yodeling when singing much more than she should. Again, compare her vocals on old songs like PD, Tu, Te Necesito vs new ones like Lo Que Mas and Nada. I love all four of those songs, but I feel like Lo Que Mas could have REALLY benefited from more neutral vocals. Shak had better vocal control/utilization on her older material. 

Hell, the vocals on Sale el Sol the song are inferior to Pies Descalzos's. She sings smoother on PD (the song).

I think you like the She Wolf Album, correct? I think it's because She Wolf had great, complex instrumentals for a lot of its songs (SW, DIA, Spy), and her vocals fit really well on a good amount of the songs (for instance, her pushing her larynx down on songs like Did It Again actually benefitted the song).

I noticed that you said "including Laundry Service". It's because Laundry Service came close to her older stuff, right? Songs like Whenever Wherever, and UYC (especially live) all had amazing, complex instrumentation. Her vocals were just a little too strong on some songs (She should have sung more normally on Fool, for instance).

TLDR: The vibe I get from her recent albums make me feel like they are just parodies of Shakira or impressions of Shakira.

Edited by Greatness, 06 February 2019 - 01:16 PM.

#14262 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

• Finland

• Quote:
    Oyendo el sonido de tu respirar...

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

What i missed on El Dorado and especially Shakira. are her trademark strong, distinctive vocals. In some songs she has toned down her melisma.
There are many great unique moments, and she has been trying new things, and tones as well.
What i miss is, like the belting of La Pared, Tu, Sale el Sol, Devocion, Tu Boca. For example Nada would be even better with something like that.

xxNE3JZ.png
¿Is it true that you love me?                ~                  I dare you to kiss me...

#14263 shaki.fixation

shaki.fixation

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

• Mexico

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:30 AM

On her last history on Instagram looks like shes in her studio at Barcelona 😮😮😮
Posted Image

#14264 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,601 posts

• United States

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

That might be old. Just showcasing her perfume as a valentine gift

#14265 Greatness

Greatness

Got dizzy dancing tango

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,130 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:22 AM

New Shakira hairstyle

shakira-short-hairstyle-z.jpg

Is this the new look for the era? It would be refreshing. She hasn't changed her style up the past 2 and a half eras.

#14266 SantiagoShakira

SantiagoShakira

Aló, aló, ¿Hay alguien ahí?

• Platinum®
  • 2,223 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Fría como una estatua de sal

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:26 AM

New Shakira hairstyle

Is this the new look for the era? It would be refreshing. She hasn't changed her style up the past 2 and a half eras.

You sure that's not from 2012/13 when she had short hair? It looks a mess

Quiero excederme, perseguirte, pretenderte.

Follow me on Instagram @ santiagoalss

#14267 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,151 posts

• Colombia

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:36 AM

I apologize for the long post in advance. I've recently been getting back into Shak's discography the last month and have a new found appreciation for her so I've been thinking a lot about her music.

I think she lacks confidence in her newer material. There's a reason why so few songs from the self-titled were on tour. Even songs from the OF/FO days are lacking. Meanwhile she still busts out Si Te Vas everytime  :P.

Actually, I know the reason you feel this way.

PD and DELL had some major elements in common that the remaining albums only have in small doses, or don't have at all.

Folk-vibe (Harmonicas, for instance)
Songs about contemporary society (this also fits in with the folk vibe)
Better vocal control, usage, and range
Complex instrumentation that you can hear

For instance, compare the instrumentals and song structure of the songs Sale el Sol and Pies Descalzos, Suenos Blancos. Sale el Sol's background instrumentation and overall structure is very simple and barebones compared to Pies Descalzos Suenos Blancos. SES legit sounds boring in comparison to PDSB. 

You also mention that it's not the vocals, but I think it is. She's using her vibrato and yodeling when singing much more than she should. Again, compare her vocals on old songs like PD, Tu, Te Necesito vs new ones like Lo Que Mas and Nada. I love all four of those songs, but I feel like Lo Que Mas could have REALLY benefited from more neutral vocals. Shak had better vocal control/utilization on her older material. 

Hell, the vocals on Sale el Sol the song are inferior to Pies Descalzos's. She sings smoother on PD (the song).

I think you like the She Wolf Album, correct? I think it's because She Wolf had great, complex instrumentals for a lot of its songs (SW, DIA, Spy), and her vocals fit really well on a good amount of the songs (for instance, her pushing her larynx down on songs like Did It Again actually benefitted the song).

I noticed that you said "including Laundry Service". It's because Laundry Service came close to her older stuff, right? Songs like Whenever Wherever, and UYC (especially live) all had amazing, complex instrumentation. Her vocals were just a little too strong on some songs (She should have sung more normally on Fool, for instance).

TLDR: The vibe I get from her recent albums make me feel like they are just parodies of Shakira or impressions of Shakira.

Yes yes and yes.

You nailed it dude!

#14268 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,151 posts

• Colombia

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

And that's an old photo circulating online.

Shak's busy writing songs for El Dora2

#14269 TrainLikeAHorse

TrainLikeAHorse

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Ya la música no tiene el mismo efecto que solía tener.

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

Thats Shaks with no tracks... she doesnt always have that weave on... you guys should know better.

New Shakira hairstyle

shakira-short-hairstyle-z.jpg

#14270 ShakiChicago

ShakiChicago

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 978 posts

• United States

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:43 PM

^ Old photo.

Does anyone have any info about the DVD? If shes planning to release a new album this summer🤞 now would be a perfect time to release the DVD to keep people excited & talking about El Dorado 1.

#14271 Frozenphire

Frozenphire

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• United States

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:08 AM

Thank goodness thats an old photo lol. I loved her look during the Rock in Rio 2008 and oral fixation era, with her golden brown colored hair, but I also love her hair color during the Nada video, its like a winter blond color. I did not like her look during sale el sol as much.

#14272 Greatness

Greatness

Got dizzy dancing tango

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,130 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

E! Lied then, they said it was a new hairdo. Oh well.

I just want something new and consistent for Shakira's hair and fashion this time around.

#14273 SantiagoShakira

SantiagoShakira

Aló, aló, ¿Hay alguien ahí?

• Platinum®
  • 2,223 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Fría como una estatua de sal

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:13 PM

Her hair this era was pretty good IMO, she kept it fresh and wore different wigs and hairstyles for each of her many videos

Quiero excederme, perseguirte, pretenderte.

Follow me on Instagram @ santiagoalss

#14274 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,797 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:38 AM

Thats Shaks with no tracks... she doesnt always have that weave on... you guys should know better.

That's Shak with destroyed hair. Her hair is pretty healthy and long, but of course she wears tracks to give more volume.

2di0ia8.jpg

#14275 Greatness

Greatness

Got dizzy dancing tango

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,130 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

So what is her best era? I feel like PD and DELL went about as well as they could've. FO1 still did well all things considered, but also could have been managed a little better. I thought SES was the same.

I feel like all her english eras have had some form of mismanagement however.

#14276 san

san

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• France

• Quote:
    Los gatos como yo, caen de pie.
    "Put your paws up."

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

So what is her best era? I feel like PD and DELL went about as well as they could've. FO1 still did well all things considered, but also could have been managed a little better. I thought SES was the same.

I feel like all her english eras have had some form of mismanagement however.

#14277 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 617 posts

• Finland

• Quote:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Have you seen the pandora add on her instagram?
Does anyone recognize the song?
Could it be her new single?
Anna Kaiser saus shes obsessed with the song

xxNE3JZ.png
¿Is it true that you love me?                ~                  I dare you to kiss me...

#14278 Greatness

Greatness

Got dizzy dancing tango

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,130 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

If it is a Shakira song, I do like the vibe of it. The instrumentation is pretty great too.

#14279 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 617 posts

• Finland

• Quote:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:42 PM

Shazam didnt recognize it.
I hope its more than just a commercial track.
Souns so catchy!

xxNE3JZ.png

#14280 BabyBenzz

BabyBenzz

Laundry Service

• 4,662 posts
  • Interests:Shakira

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    ''Sony which back then was CBS'' - Shakira

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 AM

It's music for in an elevator in a basic mall. It's made for the commercial and in no way can be a Shakira song ew
Shakira is my Goddes, Lana Del Rey is my Queen ♥ Follow & Add Me:

Twitter <-- Click!

Facebook <-- Click!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users