Photo

Loca Skin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#151 Wolfy

Wolfy

Watch Out For The She Wolf In The Closet!

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "If it doesn't matter in five years, then it doesn't matter" ~ Cher, 2008

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

My Ibiza skin got deleted too? :laugh:

Oh wait... even though Wolfy ask people to make one, it never got added...

This is a perfect example of the drama. People being upset over a certain skin not being added and then taking it personally. I add the skins I feel suit the site the best, I can't add them all. yet people take it personally and then the drama starts.

Challenge Me On Songpop: ballboxworker

#152 DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Waka Waka

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 18,227 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Todo en este mundo es temporal
    Lo eres tú y lo soy yo

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

This is a perfect example of the drama. People being upset over a certain skin not being added and then taking it personally. I add the skins I feel suit the site the best, I can't add them all. yet people take it personally and then the drama starts.

NOOOO, Martijn tried to be funny, but as you can see, he's not funny at all :P

And your Ibiza skin is cool, though i like Martijn's too but now it's not the point :P

300s9w5.jpg

#153 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Ah right, well perfect opportunity to rant on me now is it, And u really believe i putted people on some raging crusade to advert for my work? Ofcourse Ryan never complained, all his work got added. I wouldnt complain either then, nor would i dare to. This isnt about Ryan for me at all!

This is about your methods, u not adding martijns Ibiza skin without Notion and adding ur own prooves that its about what YOU like. But what can we say? Bottom line, u hold the power, all of that drama is caused cuz of your handelings, not cuz i run an organisation for my work there were ŕ load of people who liked me stuff who i dont freaking know!

This was just the perfect opportunity for u to remove my work but the drama comes from your handeling! And i am NOT the only one who believes that, and not only normal members think so. U believe that this solves it all? Well happy skinning urself then and i hope ull der THE source of the drama one day, urself.

I didnt say shit anymore for long and u remove my stuff cuz someone speaks their mind?! Total powerabuse.

(dont mind Weird signs and captions cuz im typing from my phone)

Shin, I think that was obvious. Its a fan-site, the owner of a fan-site always uses what he likes best. In general, I do feel Ryan makes better headers than you. I typically don't say stuff like that because I feel you might be offended. Why go there? I just added whatever I felt suited the site best. I don't chat with anyone from this thread outside of this thread. I don't personally know anyone here, so its never personal. It just comes down to what I feel suits the site best. I do ask for feedback. That's why I put up polls at the site, but in the end I make the decisions on which skins work the best on the site. I don't see a Team Viktoria anywhere. What I do see is a team Shin. If something you make is not added, they take it personally and almost try to force me to add it. You seem like a nice guy, its nothing personal at all. I simply add the skins I feel suit the site the best. Yes, I realize its my opinion. Without sounding rude, if you truly want to have full control of your artwork, you can start your own site or help another Shakira site out. I'm sure they will be happy to have you help them. But, if its you helping someone else, be aware that they will likely pick the skins they feel work for their site. You can't force someone to use something on someone elses site. If you fully want control of your artwork, then you should make your own site.

I'm not the root of the drama. The root of the drama is Team Shin wanting to force me to add everything they like. So, to keep them happy I'd need to add everything you make regardless of whether or not I liked it? If you truly want that much control over a website then you should start your own. Team Shin could make a great Shakira site.

To ease the tension I will add back all the skins and just make future skins on my own.

I'd like to thank everyone that helped out making skins and hopefully the future will be drama free.

#154 Nikotine

Nikotine

Forum Bitch♥

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,895 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Invítame a pasarme por el lado salvaje donde yo no tenga que llevar maquillaje

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

I am a very unhappy person. I think Vik and Shin's skins were the best ones. You can't delete things because of "drama". If they are good enough to be posted in the first place, then they deserve to be there; especially if the people who come to your site like them. shouldn't it matter what we as the ShakiraMedia viewers think of the skins rather than one moderator's opinion.

I don't know...maybe I should shut up or you might delete Ryan's skins too... :Mohit:

Have a nice day :)

69dtg2.jpg

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Nikki Raves | Tumblr
I saw Shakira in:
Dallas, Texas - The Sun Comes Out Tour - 01.Oct.10

iodine lutetium vanadium yttrium oxygen uranium aluminum sulfur oxygen. :blush:

#155 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

^Oh for the record, i dont know Nichol personally, nor have i ever spoken to her directly through msn or mail or pm. So she's not part of my so called "Team shin"

Thanks for adding them back.

I still dont agree with the handelings that were done and i'd rather have had you say in the 1st place that you preffered Ryans work on the site, that would have made things allot easier instead of giving false hope by opening up new threads and asking WHO wanted to design a skin.

This so called team Shin is a bunchload of people i dont know, and who DO like my art. I dont put people up here to post and encourage me and force you anything, my work is liked, so it seems, or you want to deny that? No i am not arrogant, i am speaking of what i experienced in the time i was willing to make skins/made skins. People liked my work, my skins and liked to see those added. You should simply just have said you wanted Ryan as your graphical artist in the 1st place.

I feel quite offended you believe i'd be so low to create some kind of a team rooting for me especially here, yeah i'll admit, i had friends encouraging me and rooting for me, but like above, allot of people whom i dont know personally, and also in the perfume S thread back then.

But like u stated, wich i cannot deny, you hold the power to do what you want, just also look at what the people want who you are creating the site for, that's my advice.

Thanks again for adding them back.
Good luck with skinning :) :o

Edited by Shin, 23 September 2010 - 08:28 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#156 DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Waka Waka

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 18,227 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Lo eres tú y lo soy yo

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

Just to make it clear ( I really didnt want to talk about it more but some people can say crap and it drives me mad).

John (Wolfy) always says: I add it, I do it, because people love it and want it.

Is that true?

Those people who came here and told us what skins they like has NEVER returned because they noticed it's so needless to come back, no one cares what they like.

John adds the skins he likes. And it's so OK. There's nothing wrong with it, but he gave us this false hope that we can choose and our opinion counts. It doesnt. And it's not even a problem but then why to say it?
I never understood this but I said nothing about it. But then I expressed my feelings. I understand John too. It's his site, he wants it to look good. But he forgot to let us know this ;)

Let me know if I'm wrong but I think everyone agrees: if we know its all about what John (Wolfy) likes then we try to make headers that he might like and dont care about others.... Because Shin changes his skins if people ask him to do that... Anyway...

I hope now that we know the truth, everything will be fine. We cant read mods' minds....

So before anyone says crap, read the whole thing and find the main problem (but I have already explained it clearly :o )

We know the problem, I think it's solved so ... Let's end this. Ty

Edited by DarkAngel, 23 September 2010 - 10:15 AM.

300s9w5.jpg

#157 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:17 AM

Agreed

But its been settled through PM.

I am not making skins anymore and i wish Wolfy happy skinning.

Thanks for the opportunities and i hope now with the pm correspondence, it has been settled.

Thanks for keeping the skins i made.

Edited by Shin, 23 September 2010 - 10:19 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#158 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

^Oh for the record, i dont know Nichol personally, nor have i ever spoken to her directly through msn or mail or pm. So she's not part of my so called "Team shin"

Thanks for adding them back.

I still dont agree with the handelings that were done and i'd rather have had you say in the 1st place that you preffered Ryans work on the site, that would have made things allot easier instead of giving false hope by opening up new threads and asking WHO wanted to design a skin.

This so called team Shin is a bunchload of people i dont know, and who DO like my art. I dont put people up here to post and encourage me and force you anything, my work is liked, so it seems, or you want to deny that? No i am not arrogant, i am speaking of what i experienced in the time i was willing to make skins/made skins. People liked my work, my skins and liked to see those added. You should simply just have said you wanted Ryan as your graphical artist in the 1st place.

I feel quite offended you believe i'd be so low to create some kind of a team rooting for me especially here, yeah i'll admit, i had friends encouraging me and rooting for me, but like above, allot of people whom i dont know personally, and also in the perfume S thread back then.

But like u stated, wich i cannot deny, you hold the power to do what you want, just also look at what the people want who you are creating the site for, that's my advice.

Thanks again for adding them back.
Good luck with skinning :) :)

Hi,

I don't have a preference for anyone. I simply add the most professional looking headers. Overtime I've noticed that Ryan tends to make more professional looking headers. But, I have no idea who he is personally. I've never talked to him outside of the skins threads. I also have nothing against you personally. You seem like a big fan and a nice guy. Nothing is ever personal. I pick the skins that suit the site the best. I don't favor any one person, I prefer any good looking header. But, people here definitely do show favoritism. There's a reason why people prefer to be judged by impartial people. People here like you, which makes them like what you do. I personally find most of what you do to look very amateurish, its the ONLY reason I don't add everything you make. That's all it is. Its nothing personal.

#159 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

I am not making skins anymore and i wish Wolfy happy skinning.

I think the best thing would be to leave skin making out of this biased forum. I'm thinking of making header contests at the mainsite, that way anyone can submit a header. A lot more people will see it there than at the help part of the forum. The top entries will be voted on by the fans. Here's the difference. At the forum about 10-20 people vote (always the same people, and always people that have favorites), at the site thousands of people vote. Then we will really get a good idea of what people prefer. I don't know if you've noticed, but Ryan has won almost all of the skins polls. Its not just my opinion that his headers are better. His header are better than anything I make also. He wins me in the polls usually also. Think of this, why is that you win all the polls at the forum but you never win the polls at the site (where much more people vote). Its because people at this forum like you and favor what you make.

When we do a contest, you can submit an entry if you'd like. Doing this outside of the forum will likely erase the drama.

#160 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

John adds the skins he likes. And it's so OK. There's nothing wrong with it, but he gave us this false hope that we can choose and our opinion counts. It doesnt. And it's not even a problem but then why to say it?

If a header that I don't like looks professional looking, I'll still add it. I just don't want to add stuff to the site that look really amateurish. If everyone liked a header that was professional looking that I hated, I'd still add it. The key is that it needs to not look too amateurish.

#161 DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Waka Waka

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 18,227 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Lo eres tú y lo soy yo

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

John, the poll on the main site would be better if we could see how many people has voted (with the per cents too). I saw it on other sites and I think it's a good idea, isnt it?

Edited by DarkAngel, 23 September 2010 - 11:29 AM.

300s9w5.jpg

#162 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

As for amateuristic, thats your opinion and no fact. I have proof but im not gonna make a fiasco over that now, i pmmed u with this already.

Ok 1 thing i am gonna say about the polls.

If there are 10 skins up for a poll,of wich 1 beeing mine, also beeing older then the newer skins and those beeing yours and derte AND having the name Men in this town in it. Its a garantueed hit.

Springtime looked REALLY good, ill hand that in but Men in this town?.... And yes it won, but let someone OUTSIDE of this forum wich some understanding of photoshop/Illustrator create something MITT themed and name it MITT. Its a hit.

Plus that 50% is Ryans, 10% is mine 15% is viki's and 25% is yours (kinda) Ofcourse you and he would have the better chance of winning.

Just wanted to comment on the Poll discussion.

I believe you should have done (ofcourse its always better saying these things afterwards, should have could have) that idea you offered now, before. And like Adam said, withouth names so its completely unparted.

But i really feel this is dragging on too long at this point, we are discussing the same over PM

I will say it agian, i have no underground friends organisation running things here for me. ALLOT of people in the POSTER CONTEST thread voted for me who i personally DONT know AT ALL. Same with other contests.

Same with the awards.

Edited by Shin, 23 September 2010 - 11:40 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#163 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

As for amateuristic, thats your opinion and no fact. I have proof but im not gonna make a fiasco over that now, i pmmed u with this already.

Ok 1 thing i am gonna say about the polls.

If there are 10 skins up for a poll,of wich 1 beeing mine, also beeing older then the newer skins and those beeing yours and derte AND having the name Men in this town in it. Its a garantueed hit.

Springtime looked REALLY good, ill hand that in but Men in this town?.... And yes it won, but let someone OUTSIDE of this forum wich some understanding of photoshop/Illustrator create something MITT themed and name it MITT. Its a hit.

Plus that 50% is Ryans, 10% is mine 15% is viki's and 25% is yours (kinda) Ofcourse you and he would have the better chance of winning.

Just wanted to comment on the Poll discussion.

I believe you should have done (ofcourse its always better saying these things afterwards, should have could have) that idea you offered now, before. And like Adam said, withouth names so its completely unparted.

But i really feel this is dragging on too long at this point, we are discussing the same over PM

I will say it agian, i have no underground friends organisation running things here for me. ALLOT of people in the POSTER CONTEST thread voted for me who i personally DONT know AT ALL. Same with other contests.

Same with the awards.

I don't think the name is the reason it won. But, we can do something like this:

-Submission 1
-Submission 2
-Submission 3

etc, to keep it impartial. Although I really don't think people vote based on the name of the skin. If its ugly, its ugly. If they like it, they like it.

I didn't say you had underground friends. People here simply like you for being like-able at the forum. I didn't mean that in a negative way, what I meant is that it causes people at the forum to be biased.

#164 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Ok then i thank everyone, and ofcourse viktoria, for their input.

And hope the discussion is done now we all had our say in the past days.

Edited by Shin, 23 September 2010 - 11:51 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#165 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy interacting with all types of people from all types of cultures.

• United States

• Quote:
    It is a black day. But I am a cookiemaker. I slap pink icing on the sadness and lick my fingers.

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

Shin, do you have a twitter account I can follow?
On topic---> Your Loca skin is to die for!

Posted Image

#166 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

Thnx https://twitter.com/Edditeddy

I am busy updating it with artistic stuff as well

I also got a deviant: http://galen-marek.deviantart.com/

And my site

http://www.heavenly-art.tk/

All will be updated.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#167 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

John, the poll on the main site would be better if we could see how many people has voted (with the per cents too). I saw it on other sites and I think it's a good idea, isnt it?

He only includes the percentage of the results because if we had the number of votes and the percentage, it would crowd the little box the poll is in.

#168 SHAKIRALOVER

SHAKIRALOVER

Shakira's Bejeweled Fender

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 30,424 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#169 CTZ

CTZ

I'm all id.

• 12,093 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, comics, movies, history...

• United States

• Quote:
    "In the name of the moon, I will punish you."

"I have no idea of where I want to go musically, but I'm fine that way. I don't need to remain faithful to any concept, you know."

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

HAHA.

i'm glad i suck at graphic design.

The Empire of the Thieving Rabid Sun Wolves Whose Hips Don't Dare to Lie 

#170 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Shin, 23 September 2010 - 10:22 PM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#171 E

E

cool, i get to have a custom member title.

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:
    my quote is to not have a quote.

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

whoa. o.O

you guys make ye good olde viki vs. natalie days from the lounge look like a picnic.

#172 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

whoa. o.O

you guys make ye good olde viki vs. natalie days from the lounge look like a picnic.

The problem has been solved. It revolved around the selection process of the skins. At the mainsite everyone will get to vote and the winners will get added. That will likely be the best solution, so something good came out of this. I think everything will run much better on the main site.

At the main site most of the people that vote will just vote based on what they like. They don't know me, Shin, Ryan, Vik, or anyone. So favoritism won't be an issue. It will likely be unbiased. At the forum about 10-20 people voted, around 10 or less commented. At the main site usually thousands of people vote. Doing the voting there is a much better idea.

#173 Nikotine

Nikotine

Forum Bitch♥

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,895 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Invítame a pasarme por el lado salvaje donde yo no tenga que llevar maquillaje

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

^That does sound like a good idea. It would also help if the voters don't know who made the skins, at least until after the voting is over and then you can credit people like usual. That's just my opinion, though. You may have something else in mind.

69dtg2.jpg

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Nikki Raves | Tumblr
I saw Shakira in:
Dallas, Texas - The Sun Comes Out Tour - 01.Oct.10

iodine lutetium vanadium yttrium oxygen uranium aluminum sulfur oxygen. :blush:

#174 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

^That does sound like a good idea. It would also help if the voters don't know who made the skins, at least until after the voting is over and then you can credit people like usual. That's just my opinion, though. You may have something else in mind.

yeah, I had thought of that also. It will likely be something like:

Entry 1, Entry 2, etc. I don't plan to say who made what till the voting is over.

#175 SHAKIRALOVER

SHAKIRALOVER

Shakira's Bejeweled Fender

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 30,424 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

The problem has been solved. It revolved around the selection process of the skins. At the mainsite everyone will get to vote and the winners will get added. That will likely be the best solution, so something good came out of this. I think everything will run much better on the main site.

At the main site most of the people that vote will just vote based on what they like. They don't know me, Shin, Ryan, Vik, or anyone. So favoritism won't be an issue. It will likely be unbiased. At the forum about 10-20 people voted, around 10 or less commented. At the main site usually thousands of people vote. Doing the voting there is a much better idea.

Linky
Posted Image

#176 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:53 AM

Linky

:shewolfpaw:

If you only knew how much of a hypocrite you are, lil adam

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users