SantiagoShakira

Aló, aló, żHay alguien ahí?

• Platinum®
  • 2,145 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Fría como una estatua de sal

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

I hope El Dorado is a conceptual era, with looks, style, colorful. Her last one was in Sale El Sol.

What was her style/look in Sale El Sol? I didn't notice one, except for maybe bikini top with pants, but she's been doing that since Whenever Wherever

Quiero excederme, perseguirte, pretenderte.

Follow me on Instagram @ santiagoalss

#782 Denran

Denran

Utraviolence

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

• Belgium

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

Maybe she's just achieved all of her business goals and now she's just doing it 'cause hey it's her job. 

I think it's the spirit of it all. She just does it cause she's still untitled to, contractually or she still clinches to the thought that giving it all up might be a bit too much, so she does the vital minimum not to shake her core-values and beliefs too much.

#783 Nahlim

Nahlim

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,148 posts
  • Quote:
    Y lo mejor siempre espera adelante...

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

I think it's the spirit of it all. She just does it cause she's still untitled to, contractually or she still clinches to the thought that giving it all up might be a bit too much, so she does the vital minimum not to shake her core-values and beliefs too much.

Well I guess we can't blame her. I mean why go the extra mile if she's not going to get any fulfillment from it? Anyone of us would do the same.

142d0y9.jpg

#784 Denran

Denran

Utraviolence

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

• Belgium

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Well I guess we can't blame her. I mean why go the extra mile if she's not going to get any fulfillment from it? Anyone of us would do the same.

True I guess, but not when you call yourself a perfectionist every minute of the day :bsmoke:

#785 alxmrqz

alxmrqz

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Colombia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

I've come to realize this. It's up to each one to decide if that's enough for you.

#786 alxmrqz

alxmrqz

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Colombia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

True I guess, but not when you call yourself a perfectionist every minute of the day :bsmoke:

Hahaha I almost forgot about it. She still says that? 

#787 GrownBoy92

GrownBoy92

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,054 posts

• Italy

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

Y'all doing too much 

she doesn't take the entire day to record or to rehearse because of the children but we can still feel she loves music 

#788 escalestri

escalestri

• Silver Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

• Spain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

While you discuss and kind of patronising her about her career. The third world country born megastar who has achieved more than anyone could imagine and its been succesful globally since fifteen years ago. Having two of biggest hits of the past 20 years worlwide and many of the biggest hits in the latin market in the past two decade is still compeeting with youngers popstars and is the fifth peron in the world with more views in youtube....  While you discuss if she can sing or not.... she .."va caminando en un mar de hojas secas, vuelan los angeles sobre berlin van entonando junto a ella un aleluya mientras la lluvia cae dentro de vosotros."

I am ok with you saying i dont like that song... wasnt her best performance, id like her to dance more... there is a line between critizising her and making arrogant judgments... "taking singing lessons" im stil shocked

AND I WANT ALL THE REAL FANS (which means fanatic :))  TO STAND UP AND FIGHT BACK ALL THiS COMMENTS   

We have a Kaleshi  so lets be her Dragons...

Edited by escalestri, 17 May 2017 - 11:24 AM.

#789 Gianfranco

Gianfranco

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,070 posts

• Peru

• Quote:
    I love Shakira

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

The song is #2 on iTunes japan lol

5wir.png

#790 Nahlim

Nahlim

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,148 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

While you discuss and kind of patronising her about her career. The third world country born megastar who has achieved more than anyone could imagine and its been succesful globally since fifteen years ago. Having two of biggest hits of the past 20 years worlwide and many of the biggest hits in the latin market in the past two decade is still compeeting with youngers popstars and is the fifth peron in the world with more views in youtube....  While you discuss if she can sing or not.... she .."va caminando en un mar de hojas secas, vuelan los angeles sobre berlin van entonando junto a ella un aleluya mientras la lluvia cae dentro de vosotros."

I am ok with you saying i dont like that song... wasnt her best performance, id like her to dance more... there is a line between critizising her and making arrogant judgments... "taking singing lessons" im stil shocked

AND I WANT ALL THE REAL FANS (which means fanatic :))  TO STAND UP AND FIGHT BACK ALL THiS COMMENTS   

We have a Kaleshi  so lets be her Dragons...

Hey, if she changes my mind after the album that will be step one. And if she then does 100% on tour, then I will believe in her again.

She hasn't delivered her best in YEARS. I respect what she has done, but I can't drool over Whenever, Wherever forever. 

And I am sorry if I lost my passion for her, but it's because she seems to have lost passion for music. I would like to believe that's not true, but there is no evidence to prove me wrong as of now. Maybe El Dorado will blow my mind and by all means I hope it does, but until then I reflect on what we have received in recent years.

I cannot be a super fan of something that is not as good as it used to be. 

No one is making arrogant judgement. I happen to be talented for music and I can hear when singing is or isn't good. And why is taking singing lessons an offense? 

Being a fanatic is a much greater insult, as believing blindly in something without room for objectivity is a serious character flaw.

142d0y9.jpg

#791 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,427 posts

• United States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Okay. Like Mariah and Yonce take vocal lessons.

Or put in simple terms, MD's, veterinarians, dentists, dermatologists continue going to school or attend yearly workshops to continue their education.

So just because you're a singer and became one two decades ago doesn't mean that you can't take a vocal lesson here and there. You know... to improve technique and so on.

#792 Lorelei

Lorelei

Dia De Enero

• 7,367 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

I love the emerge of new members each era :love:

Posted Image

http://loreleitales.wordpress.com/

The dream comes true : Η.Ι.Μ Live in Athens September 15th,2007

The dream goes on :H.I.M Live in Athens August 1st, 2014

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#793 Red Hot Moon

Red Hot Moon

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Politics, History, Soccer, Music, Travelling

• Germany

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

A perfectionist is not a person who always delivers perfect results. It's actually the opposite. Perfectionists constantly question themselves and often fail to finish a job in time because they feel their work is not good enough. They also tend to scrap entire projects to start from scratch. Shakira fits this description perfectly.

Edited by Red Hot Moon, 17 May 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#794 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,427 posts

• United States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:03 PM

The song is #2 on iTunes japan lol

Probably because of that nintendo like sound.

But good for her!!

#795 Red Hot Moon

Red Hot Moon

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Politics, History, Soccer, Music, Travelling

• Germany

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

Y'all doing too much 

she doesn't take the entire day to record or to rehearse because of the children but we can still feel she loves music 

She hasn't performed in years. She must have been nervous af. All she needs is a little more practice. We all know she's a natural performer.

#796 chela123

chela123

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• United States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Mess at all this analysis generated from an informal event meant for a couple of hot shot executives & TV personalities. I'm not surprised since the same thing happened when she did that random free T-Mobile concert but jesus christ this is so extra lmao. I mean, there's definitely valid criticism to be made due to the standards and expectations we've set on Shakira but do y'all seriously expect her to go all out on these type of events that aren't even broadcasted ??? lol  Don't see what more we can take from this event other than Shakira performed two songs as a formality to a TV station and in return was able to promote her upcoming album...

#797 escalestri

escalestri

• Silver Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

• Spain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

Mess at all this analysis generated from an informal event meant for a couple of hot shot executives & TV personalities. I'm not surprised since the same thing happened when she did that random free T-Mobile concert but jesus christ this is so extra lmao. I mean, there's definitely valid criticism to be made due to the standards and expectations we've set on Shakira but do y'all seriously expect her to go all out on these type of events that aren't even broadcasted ??? lol  Don't see what more we can take from this event other than Shakira performed two songs as a formality to a TV station and in return was able to promote her upcoming album...

Yes, I just want to say people in this forum get frustrated so easyly..if you dont like new Shakira its ok, I actually dont like everything she does but i believe she have something special and unique i can percieve in many of the things she delivers. To be a fan is to enjoy not to suffer. It seems to me childish an arrogant to blame her for the things you dont like...  Jut enjoy  her success, critisize her in a funny way and definitely dance to her songs :)  but please better energy more lightness and less negativity

#798 escalestri

escalestri

• Silver Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

• Spain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

Hey, if she changes my mind after the album that will be step one. And if she then does 100% on tour, then I will believe in her again.

She hasn't delivered her best in YEARS. I respect what she has done, but I can't drool over Whenever, Wherever forever. 

And I am sorry if I lost my passion for her, but it's because she seems to have lost passion for music. I would like to believe that's not true, but there is no evidence to prove me wrong as of now. Maybe El Dorado will blow my mind and by all means I hope it does, but until then I reflect on what we have received in recent years.

I cannot be a super fan of something that is not as good as it used to be. 

No one is making arrogant judgement. I happen to be talented for music and I can hear when singing is or isn't good. And why is taking singing lessons an offense? 

Being a fanatic is a much greater insult, as believing blindly in something without room for objectivity is a serious character flaw.

Babe, 39 seconds of Nada is not enoguh to melt down your scepticisim?   If not  you might need to look for some other idol...  we hug you warmly before you go

#799 escalestri

escalestri

• Silver Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

• Spain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

I love the emerge of new members each era :love:

here We come :)

#800 chela123

chela123

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• United States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Yes, I just want to say people in this forum get frustrated so easyly..if you dont like new Shakira its ok, I actually dont like everything she does but i believe she have something special and unique i can percieve in many of the things she delivers. To be a fan is to enjoy not to suffer. It seems to me childish an arrogant to blame her for the things you dont like...  Jut enjoy  her success, critisize her in a funny way and definitely dance to her songs :)  but please better energy more lightness and less negativity

Fans have a right to criticize things that are made for public consumption like songs, albums, artistic direction, tours etc. (you're paying for them after all). But lately there's been a lot of unnecessary and premature criticism towards pretty much anything and everything related to Shakira that is so petty imo. But each to their own I guess, we can't stop people from giving their opinion. 

#801 ejovilim

ejovilim

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:Faculty,music,movies,tv shows,books...

• Yugoslavia

• Quote:
    ...De tanto sumar,pierdes la cuenta,porque uno y uno no siempre son dos...

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

Probably because of that nintendo like sound.
But good for her!!

Ahahahahhahah @nintendo sound :)))

#802 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,213 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Por ti seré gaviota de tu bella mar

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

Queen of Japan, coming for Ariana Grande's throne!

#803 Ronx

Ronx

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

• Venezuela

• Quote:
    No el que peca, empata si reza

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Everybody can say whatever They want. It's a forum and We discuss about several topics. And sorry I'm not the kind of fan who clap and approve everything Shakira does. Honestly I lost my passion for Shakira since Sale El Sol era, but I'm still here because I do know She can do it better cuz We've SEEN HER doing it better.

So. If some members in this forum can't tolerate the criticism, You better DEAL with it. Cuz I'm not going to restrain myself to please some weeping and sensitive fans.

Amen.

#804 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 1,976 posts

• Colombia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

Voice is one thing, singing the right notes is a different one. 

Blah blah blah

Whatever you say Christina Aguilera

#805 Nahlim

Nahlim

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,148 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

Blah blah blah

Whatever you say Christina Aguilera

I wish! :D

142d0y9.jpg

#806 Mazinger

Mazinger

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Hola a todos

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

How Long until she decides to think more.about the fans and not.just her? I mean. Enough of.working with de la iguana. I would like to see her experimenting with different video directors. Just like in the laundry service era !!!

#807 Mick

Mick

Give It Up To Me

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 14,644 posts
  • Interests:None.

• United States

• Quote:
    "Ya no se si he vivido diez mil dias o un dia diez mil veces."

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

I want to hate Shakira so much but she fucking delivered!

It might just be me but hearing Shakira since last August everywhere I go has been unavoidable. No matter where I go Shakira is there...starting with when I lived in NYC for 3 months & La Bicicleta was everywhere there. And she's been on a roll since then,

Just preordered her album (which I've never done BTW because I always buy her physicals) based on the past year full of amazing songs (even Deja Vú convinced me tho I HATE bachata).
"Si Pudiera Exocisarme De Tu Voz"

#808 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,669 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

But when they do, it is always perfect. Hence the term perfectionist.

Perfectionism refers to process, not results.

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#809 piwqiz

piwqiz

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Lana Del Rey, Beyonce, Lady Gaga.

• United States

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

Can you read? I didn't say perfectionism, I said perfectionist. A person who refuses to accept any kind of result short of perfect.

perfection is based on the person's standards. shakira might've found this album perfect considering her situation of being a mommy.

#810 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,669 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

Perfection can not be based on a person's standard.By your interpretation then everyone is perfect even people with very low standards. Every song on the radio Now is perfect, every singer from kesha to Justin Bieber is Perfect because given their situation and being single they found their current songs perfect. Let me not hear you call any song playing on the radio Now a generic junk ,because they are all perfect.

Do you read the things you say?

Edited by sonador, 21 May 2017 - 08:21 AM.

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shakira, single, me enamore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users