King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

• Finland

• Quote:
    Oyendo el sonido de tu respirar...

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

LOL, enjoy it because the official song won't have Shakira on it cuz she pulled out. Instead Becky G will do her parts.

What a nightmare would that be 😂

xxNE3JZ.png
¿Is it true that you love me?                ~                  I dare you to kiss me...

#62 Jesus

Jesus

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

• Spain

• Quote:
    No soy la clase de idiota que se deja convencer, pero digo la verdad y hasta un ciego lo puede ver

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

I hope it flops cause I wouldn't forgive her another missed opportunity...

k6fCN8h.png

#63 SantiagoShakira

SantiagoShakira

Aló, aló, ¿Hay alguien ahí?

• Platinum®
  • 2,215 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Fría como una estatua de sal

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

What a nightmare would that be

It's been basically confirmed that Shakira pulled out and Becky G took over:

https://tinyurl.com/y8s6x4x9

Quiero excederme, perseguirte, pretenderte.

Follow me on Instagram @ santiagoalss

#64 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,140 posts

• Colombia

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

The version with Shakira was recorded and leaked online but they acted promptly.

And it's not confirmed that Shakira has pulled out, nothing is certain yet.

#65 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

Wow. Becky G is lame as hell. This turned out to be. Nightmare.

#66 alxmrqz

alxmrqz

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

• Colombia

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:01 PM

We know for sure it was recorded with Shakira, but there's a song called Mad Love by Becky G, Guetta and Sean Paul registered and with date of release 2018, and Sean Paul and Becky G are filming a music video tomorrow, so....Bye this thread.

#67 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 609 posts

• Finland

• Quote:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

It's been basically confirmed that Shakira pulled out and Becky G took over:

https://tinyurl.com/y8s6x4x9

Uh, now i would like to swear.

If thats the case, i really wonder why.

xxNE3JZ.png
¿Is it true that you love me?                ~                  I dare you to kiss me...

#68 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

The curse will continue and this song will smash. And Shakira will forever regret it.

#69 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,875 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

The curse will continue and this song will smash. And Shakira will forever regret it.

Why would she? She is already as succesfull as she wanted to be, i doubt she could care less

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#70 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,174 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

Why would she? She is already as succesfull as she wanted to be, i doubt she could care less

She's already proven that she doesn't give a f*ck about anything.... :shakifanatica54:

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#71 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

I mean, wouldnt we appreciate ANYTHING from Shakira that is NOT reggaeton??

This song couldve been a refresher... nothing to do with proving anything.

The reason I love WAW so much is because its an English song and not reggaeton. I dream of a shakira English album with a modern sound.

But I guess she wont do that cause shes probably still salty about she wolf.

:/

#72 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,778 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

Hey if it's an english collab with current artists she shouldn't miss the opportunity. An English hit would work excellent for her right now cause Trap ain't doing much.

2di0ia8.jpg

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#73 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Honestly I bitch about the American music scene but the Latin American market is just as bad tbh.

Reggaeton has taken over, unfortunately. Its an unstoppable monster (the ugly antagonist kind). Shakira doesnt want to work on music, and if she does, shes going to release music that will be eaten up by the markets she knows shes got in her pocket.

It is truly questionable whether we will ever get another strictly English album.

My fear is that she probably assumes an English album wouldnt be supported by the Latin American market cause they only check for reggaeton... shes probably hates the American market lol, leaving only the markets in Europe where she does well.

#74 SantiagoShakira

SantiagoShakira

Aló, aló, ¿Hay alguien ahí?

• Platinum®
  • 2,215 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Fría como una estatua de sal

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

In retrospect, I'm very glad she passed on Give Me Everything and We Found Love because those songs are very generic and not quite Shakira-like...if anything, I think her voice would not suit those at all. Perhaps this song she passed on was also generic/not suited for her voice? If so, I would be fine with that, even if it ends up making a splash on the charts.

Quiero excederme, perseguirte, pretenderte.

Follow me on Instagram @ santiagoalss

#75 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,174 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:08 PM

In retrospect, I'm very glad she passed on Give Me Everything and We Found Love because those songs are very generic and not quite Shakira-like...if anything, I think her voice would not suit those at all. Perhaps this song she passed on was also generic/not suited for her voice? If so, I would be fine with that, even if it ends up making a splash on the charts.

And yet she did not pass on the abomination that is GIUTM....

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#76 tomaseba

tomaseba

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

• Chile

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

Close this thread

Mad Love feat Becky G is coming on ITunes Feb 16th, confirmed on Extratv facebook live, from the set with Sean Paul & Becky.

It was just a dream....

#77 SayWhat

SayWhat

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

• United States

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

Wait wait...So this song was not already recorded with Shakira? I thought it was and they were only waiting to release the audio? Or am i missing something in between...?

#78 Infinity.

Infinity.

Jade Above

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,013 posts

• Canada

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

Watch them leak the Shakira version if the version with Becky flops.

WEBSITE / SOUNDCLOUD / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM

DISCOVER MY FIRST EP, VISIONS00. PM ME FOR A FREE COPY. 

#79 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 609 posts

• Finland

• Quote:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

Wait wait...So this song was not already recorded with Shakira? I thought it was and they were only waiting to release the audio? Or am i missing something in between...?

Im sure it was recorded with Shakira.
It was registered with her name on bmi song register.
Sean Paul was talking about the song with her already last summer.
I really wonder, whats the problem!

I was really eager to hear her collaborating with Sean Paul.
And the song had writer of Empire listed among Shakira, Sean, Guetta...
Surely it would have been better than GIUTM or Get It Started.

xxNE3JZ.png

#80 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 609 posts

• Finland

• Quote:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:51 AM

https://youtu.be/CmevJCpRqU8

Did he mention Shakira?
After Becky mentioning Bruno Mars.

If its true what people state without a source, that she ditched the song because she didnt like the final product.
I hope they keep in contact and record some better song working face-to-face in studio.

xxNE3JZ.png

#81 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:05 AM

Did he mention Shakira?

If its true what people state without a source, that she ditched the song because she didnt like the final product.
I hope they keep in contact and record some better song working face-to-face in studio.

Okay so what I get from this video is that Sean literally came up with w/e bs to hype up him collaborating with Becky, he probably didnt even know who se was lol.

About the song... it seems like its ALL about shaking what your mother gave you.... perhaps Shakira didnt like that and thats why she said no? Just like Move your Body by Sia.

I feel bad for Sean, he really hyped up working with Shakira, what a shame that she turned him away last minute like that. She should at least get back with him to record something else.

No wait, she will go recruit El Cata before working with Sean, an international act.

#82 ARCDO

ARCDO

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Architecture

• Canada

• Quote:
    ****It is the possibility of having a dream come true
    that makes life interesting****

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Sorry guys, I waited long time to say this. 

I think I have been waiting for this song since (if my memory is right), Sean Paul talked for the first time about this song back in the summer of 2016. So having to wait a bit over a year and a half to get this. What a surprise!!! ... Well really? Is this really a surprise??. I am disappointed ... yes Shakira does not even know of my existence and I am disappointed but not surprised. 

For the last year I have tried to avoid writing anything negative on this forum. However, this is like a never ending bad trip she is providing to a unknown destination (or pretty well known if we dare to accept and see all the hints she leaves). 

After Shewolf she went from being a creative artist to a full-time mother/part time lazy artist with some moments of illumination. I could say I was expecting way more from her all this years. After all, she is one of the most talented artist I knew when I was kid or a teenage. However, the little thing I didn’t want to accept is that she is no longer the Shakira I knew. She evolved into a mother and involved as an artist. 

When she came up with her last album I decided not to see how lazy she could be. She has fame, money and talent, so why she choses to under deliver? Why she choses to give her 40 %? When she can give more than any other artist?. Half of her album are collaborations and honestly none of the songs she has in this last album are at her level. There are some good songs of course but she stopped experimenting and creating new sounds and she started being a popstar with no identity. But the worst thing about this, it is not the bad quality of her latest music or the never-ending bad decisions makes. The worst thing is that she doesn’t care anymore. She does not care about her fans, she does not care about music, and she does not care about anything but her piqueton and her kids. And that is fine, after all being a mother is a fulltime job. I guess I don’t have to remind you that we love shakira because we truly believe she has the talent, the potential, the money, the fame, the contacts and the power to become one of the greatest artist in the world. Yet she prefers to have a song with el Cata or deliver something like perro fiel (that by the way we all know she wrote probably 0.5% of those 2 songs). I get the fact that she is a mother and she has priorities but she needs to be professional and act like one. I mean any other mother with 2 kids in her 40’s who also works (lets say a project manager) is not going to under deliver just because she has money and she uses the job as a hobby. Especially if it is a hobby, she needs to be creative and experiment with sounds and lyrics. However, all I see now is a shakira who is no longer creative and no longer professional nor does she care to be. 

#83 shaki.fixation

shaki.fixation

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

• Mexico

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

I think I have been waiting for this song since (if my memory is right), Sean Paul talked for the first time about this song back in the summer of 2016. So having to wait a bit over a year and a half to get this. What a surprise!!! ... Well really? Is this really a surprise??. I am disappointed ... yes Shakira does not even know of my existence and I am disappointed but not surprised. 

For the last year I have tried to avoid writing anything negative on this forum. However, this is like a never ending bad trip she is providing to a unknown destination (or pretty well known if we dare to accept and see all the hints she leaves). 

After Shewolf she went from being a creative artist to a full-time mother/part time lazy artist with some moments of illumination. I could say I was expecting way more from her all this years. After all, she is one of the most talented artist I knew when I was kid or a teenage. However, the little thing I didnt want to accept is that she is no longer the Shakira I knew. She evolved into a mother and involved as an artist. 

When she came up with her last album I decided not to see how lazy she could be. She has fame, money and talent, so why she choses to under deliver? Why she choses to give her 40 %? When she can give more than any other artist?. Half of her album are collaborations and honestly none of the songs she has in this last album are at her level. There are some good songs of course but she stopped experimenting and creating new sounds and she started being a popstar with no identity. But the worst thing about this, it is not the bad quality of her latest music or the never-ending bad decisions makes. The worst thing is that she doesnt care anymore. She does not care about her fans, she does not care about music, and she does not care about anything but her piqueton and her kids. And that is fine, after all being a mother is a fulltime job. I guess I dont have to remind you that we love shakira because we truly believe she has the talent, the potential, the money, the fame, the contacts and the power to become one of the greatest artist in the world. Yet she prefers to have a song with el Cata or deliver something like perro fiel (that by the way we all know she wrote probably 0.5% of those 2 songs). I get the fact that she is a mother and she has priorities but she needs to be professional and act like one. I mean any other mother with 2 kids in her 40s who also works (lets say a project manager) is not going to under deliver just because she has money and she uses the job as a hobby. Especially if it is a hobby, she needs to be creative and experiment with sounds and lyrics. However, all I see now is a shakira who is no longer creative and no longer professional nor does she care to be. 

All this!!!!

I couldt have said better. 👏👏👏👏👏
Posted Image

#84 Infinity.

Infinity.

Jade Above

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,013 posts

• Canada

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

After Shewolf she went from being a creative artist to a full-time mother/part time lazy artist with some moments of illumination. I could say I was expecting way more from her all this years. After all, she is one of the most talented artist I knew when I was kid or a teenage. However, the little thing I didn’t want to accept is that she is no longer the Shakira I knew. She evolved into a mother and involved as an artist. 

When she came up with her last album I decided not to see how lazy she could be. She has fame, money and talent, so why she choses to under deliver? Why she choses to give her 40 %? When she can give more than any other artist?. Half of her album are collaborations and honestly none of the songs she has in this last album are at her level. There are some good songs of course but she stopped experimenting and creating new sounds and she started being a popstar with no identity. But the worst thing about this, it is not the bad quality of her latest music or the never-ending bad decisions makes. The worst thing is that she doesn’t care anymore. She does not care about her fans, she does not care about music, and she does not care about anything but her piqueton and her kids. And that is fine, after all being a mother is a fulltime job. I guess I don’t have to remind you that we love shakira because we truly believe she has the talent, the potential, the money, the fame, the contacts and the power to become one of the greatest artist in the world. Yet she prefers to have a song with el Cata or deliver something like perro fiel (that by the way we all know she wrote probably 0.5% of those 2 songs). I get the fact that she is a mother and she has priorities but she needs to be professional and act like one. I mean any other mother with 2 kids in her 40’s who also works (lets say a project manager) is not going to under deliver just because she has money and she uses the job as a hobby. Especially if it is a hobby, she needs to be creative and experiment with sounds and lyrics. However, all I see now is a shakira who is no longer creative and no longer professional nor does she care to be. 

Pretty much the breakdown that I had when she released El Dorado.

Life is interesting.

WEBSITE / SOUNDCLOUD / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM

DISCOVER MY FIRST EP, VISIONS00. PM ME FOR A FREE COPY. 

#85 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Music, languages, books

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

I've been feeling this way for a while too, it's truly sad :(

Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahí aunque te maten los celos!

#86 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

Omg have we seriously waited close to two years for this song? Ridiculous.

Sean is probably fuming right now. Still not wanting to release the Becky version.

I feel like there might be a chance for Shakira to get her shit together now that the tour was postponed and she won a Grammy. She might feel like she owes us something. LOL who am I kidding.

Is Trap even doing anything, Im not even checking its accomplishments (if it has any).

#87 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,778 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:38 AM

This is the general feeling of most fans lately.

Let's pray the tour will be somewhat decent and gets us excited.

Edited by Lorelei, 07 February 2018 - 01:43 AM.

2di0ia8.jpg

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#88 pacheito

pacheito

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    This body of work is from Dominican Republic

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

This post is all of us... 

11mdnxs.png

#89 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,875 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

Did he mention Shakira?

Strong rumour has it, that Shakira didnt like the way she sounded (appearantly her voice was too distorted for her liking) and she/ her label ditched the whole thing in the end.

So it appears 100% to be recorded.

In it's origin, it was supposed to be with Becky G because in august 2016 there is a blog stating the song with Becky G as the performer already.

David Guetta stated ON radio that he has another collab with Shakira upcoming, maybe she preferred that one and left this one to Becky G. She's also still promoting El Dorado and just released Trap as a single.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#90 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,140 posts

• Colombia

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

I think all of her problems have one common denominator: INSECURITY.

Like my psychologist once told me, "deep despair and insecurity lead to entitlement and wanting to "cheat" a little"

She is an insecure person, who doesn't acknowledge reality, because she has invented it, and this has been both terribly good for her and terribly sad.

She invented a reality where she is the person in charge and no one is above her. The results came through and so did the millions. Her life has nothing to do with that of an average human being.
It would take someone like Madonna or Freddy Mercury to fully understand her, people who came from nowhere to be acclaimed later on by the masses.

But as massive as the success is, so is the feeling of despair and insecurity because sooner or later no matter how big of a queen you are you realise that problems are problems and no money or feeling of grandiosity will prevent them.

I have been her fan for many years now and through her lyrics you can easily understand that her level of intelligence is high but so is her neurosis and lack of self-control. " To be your queen to be your maid"

Remaining blonde for 2 decades, not visiting her home country at all, and more importantly devoting herself to men blindly and consumingly, are just signs that she doesn't acknowledge reality but creates it.
Sadly for her the black roots in the hair keep coming back and the uncertainty of a partnership is always present, again no matter how big of a queen you are.

Her insecurity was her biggest ally when writing songs and as contradictory as everything seems to be with her, her worst enemy too. Today we have a business woman who does not care about heartfelt songs because she no longer feels the need for connection with that world and what it represents ( fans )

Yet she is totally capable of sending cute little videos disguising herself as someone who truly cares about connection.

Again in her cute fantasy insecure world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users