Shakira Fragrances - S, Elixir, Rock, Dance And Variations

• Please log in to reply
1852 replies to this topic

#61 *Simmon*

*Simmon*

*Mistaken Identity*

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 16,685 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Delta Goodrem, Leona Lewis, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Lady GaGa, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    *Seems I'm lost in my reflection, Find a star for my direction, Don't let me see mistakes and lies, Let me keep my faith and innocent eyes*

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

Yes, let us destroy any value set if the price is right.

I know you will say "Simmon is just plain stupid/ignorant or whatever" - but we really have no idea of the reasons behind this whole perfume thing which is creating a drama once again. Part proceeds may go toward her Foundation ... they may not ... she is just a human being ... perhaps she just wants to 'invest' in other things ... perhaps she is trying her best to create the best possible future for any kids she may have ... we honestly do not know. And how can we really describe/judge who is a good human being or not ... I personally do not see Shaki doing anything harmful to others/causing harm upon others ... I am just trying my best to express my idea/view - whether people disagree or whatever - but anyways ... I shall stop now so as not to 'inflict' my so called 'corrupted' ideas or whatever people may say for not instantly taking a negative view ...

Tell me all your wishes
I am here to make them true, don't wonder

My new resolution is to trust you
My business to love you until you've had it
I'm not gonna miss out on the good stuff
The grass is much greener with us on it

Posted Image

#62 Matthew Kallis

Matthew Kallis

Forum Nationalist

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,063 posts
  • Interests:You
  • Quote:
    "He who today betrays the old duty tomorrow betrays the new."

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

I know you will say "Simmon is just plain stupid/ignorant or whatever" - but we really have no idea of the reasons behind this whole perfume thing which is creating a drama once again. Part proceeds may go toward her Foundation ... they may not ... she is just a human being ... perhaps she just wants to 'invest' in other things ... perhaps she is trying her best to create the best possible future for any kids she may have ... we honestly do not know. And how can we really describe/judge who is a good human being or not ... I personally do not see Shaki doing anything harmful to others/causing harm upon others ... I am just trying my best to express my idea/view - whether people disagree or whatever - but anyways ... I shall stop now so as not to 'inflict' my so called 'corrupted' ideas or whatever people may say for not instantly taking a negative view ...

I'm not here to call anyone names unless they should cross me, but I must stress that the idea that she is doing this 'to experience new things' is absurd. Shakira is not an alchemist. As we speak, Shakira is not sitting in a lab putting chemicals together. This is not a life experience for her and I can give an educated guess that if she was to try new things, concocting potions wouldn't be one of them. Further, given her past and what we know (or think we know) of her, if Shakira was looking to give more cash to Colombian schools, why on Earth not do a small concert for it? Shakira is about singing, music and dancing. That's what she loves, so why not give a little of her most important commodity, time, for these schools? Why compromise by signing the dotted line instead? If it's because the latter has a greater potential yield, then she has become more corrupt than we could've guessed.

Shakira doesn't need more money, trust me on that. This entire brand matter has the stench of greed about it. I see no other logical gain for her from it. Each time she signs her name on a cheap consumable product she cheapens it and dents the legacy and message she has carried for her whole life.

I know I probably seem to be taking this quite seriously, but this is a potential assault on my heart and some things need vicious protection.

Edit: Spelling error corrected.

Edited by Matthew Kallis, 05 November 2008 - 11:21 AM.

- Matt

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Posted Image

#63 midan1

midan1

Early Mornin'

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,199 posts

• Germany

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

But wasn't the money going to charity she got for this perfume?

:)
(:
=)
(=
:-)
(-:

#64 *Simmon*

*Simmon*

*Mistaken Identity*

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 16,685 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Delta Goodrem, Leona Lewis, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Lady GaGa, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    *Seems I'm lost in my reflection, Find a star for my direction, Don't let me see mistakes and lies, Let me keep my faith and innocent eyes*

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

I'm not here to call anyone names unless they should cross me, but I must stress that the idea that she is doing this 'to experience new things' is absurd. Shakira is not an alchemist. As we speak, Shakira is not sitting in a lab putting chemicals together. This is not a life experience for her and I can give an educated guess that if she was to try new things, concocting potions wouldn't be one of them. Further, given her past and what we know (or think we know) of her, if Shakira was looking to give more cash to Colombian schools, why on Earth not do a small concert for it? Shakira is about singing, music and dancing. That's what she loves, so why not give a little of her most important commodity, time, for these schools? Why compromise by signing the dotted line instead? If it's because the latter has a greater potential yield, then she has become more corrupt than we could've guessed.

Shakira doesn't need more money, trust me on that. This entire brand matter has the stench of greed about it. I see no other logical gain for her from it. Each time she signs her name on a cheap consumable product she cheapens it and dents the legacy and message she has carried for her whole life.

I know I probably seem to be taking this quite seriously, but this is a potential assault on my heart and some things need vicious protection.

Edit: Spelling error corrected.

Ok I can try and understand where you are coming from ... but 'the stench of greed' - to me that just sounds rather strong. And organising concerts are not exactly the easiest of things - probably costs a bit to actually organise and hold one. Also - perhaps she just wants to create a perfume ... I don't know ... maybe another way to express herself ... Again ... how do any of us know about what Shakira really wants - therefore you saying that to experience new things is 'absurd' is once again a personal judgement. And equally - as the perfume would be available over a longer period of time - just maybe maybe money from this may continously go to her charity - and she has just set up a Worldwide Foundation to help children - not just in Colombia. I am really trying my best to understand where you are coming from - the fact that someone you really like is doing something you do not agree with at all. She is an adult and once again maybe she just wants to try something different. I am really sorry the way you feel ... but I also feel that if a lot of people here do not disagree with this whole perfume thing - we are just treated unfairly (could not think of another word).

Tell me all your wishes

Posted Image

#65 Matthew Kallis

Matthew Kallis

Forum Nationalist

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,063 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

Simmon, let me clarify further. Again you say she's doing this to 'experience new things'. I did not say that Shakira trying new things is ridiculous, indeed, that's madness, what I said was that her marketing a perfume is not an experience for her. She's not a part of the creative process and the only real, personal experience that she will gain from this is possibly having to sign her name once or twice, maybe smell the stuff and have one or two pictures taken of her -- certainly not something that's foreign to her. I'll repeat again, Shakira is not gaining any personal experience from this marketing motion whatsoever. This is capitalism, pure and simple.

Again, I understand she's out for the children, but Shakira does not need funding for this. She is a very, very wealthy woman. She's toured for years and just check the figures for the OF tour, which ended only a while back. Shakira does not need more cash to complete her mission.

On the prejudice part, I can't speak for everyone, certainly, but a lot of us, I'm sure, are hurting from seeing this. Shakira's showing signs of faltering as of late and we're all a bit concerned.

Shakira is slowly becoming the corporate beast she vehemently opposed only a few years ago, as these things turn out. She's contradicting what makes her special and that's what's pissing a lot of us off.

I've had a long day and my mind's starting to slow down. Night, folks.

- Matt

Posted Image

#66 *Simmon*

*Simmon*

*Mistaken Identity*

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 16,685 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

I more than definately read and try to comprehend your explanation Matthew. I will just end by saying once again that we really do not know many of the reasoning behind many things many people do. I have also had a long day ... and as I have said to you - I am rather the optimist and not one for any form of confrontation so I shall definately just leave things where they are.

I really do honestly hope that Shakira can once again redeem herself for many of you in the near future.

Simmon x

Tell me all your wishes

Posted Image

#67 Shakifanforlife

Shakifanforlife

Las de la intuicion

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 9,871 posts

• Germany

• Quote:
    There’s a she wolf in the closet
    Open up and set it free
    Let it out so it can breathe

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

why people are so negative?

I don't know.
Till now I didn't see this perfume anywere, would love to have it.
Tomorrow I will run and look after this. :D Maybe I will have a little luck and find it.

Posted Image

I saw Shakira in:
Cologne/Germany - Oral Fixation Tour - 08.04.2007
Cologne/Germany - Oliver Pocher Show - 02.10.2009
Cologne/Germany - X-Factor - 09.11.2010
Cologne/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 11.12.2010
Mannheim/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 14.05.2011
Frankfurt/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 11.06.2011 (including backstage entrance ♥)

I will see Shakira in:
Hopefully someday soon

#68 disneyreporter

disneyreporter

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,352 posts
  • Interests:Disney and Shakira

• United States

• Quote:
    "We can be the architects of change." -- Shakira at the CGI event

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:48 PM

You guys, just leave the woman alone. Creating a perfume is something that she wanted to do. Leave it at that. She even went as far as designing the bottle and packaging, coming up with the name, etc. That's a lot farther than any other celebrity has gone. Give her a break. You cannot be mad at her because she did something that you don't like. Shakira doesn't do things she doesn't want to. I guarantee Shakira had a lot of input in this project just like she does with her albums. Perfume is a way of expressing her creativity. Sure, she was not the one coming up with the smells, but I assure you, she probably spent hours deciding which chemical combination produced the best smell for her fans. I bet you that she thought this would make us happy ... more Shakira involvment in our lives. Shakira is a human being like the rest of us. All human beings have to keep moving on with our lives. Time only travels one way - forward. She can not dwell in the past. Her music and interests are going to keep changing as time moves on. Take a minute to look at yourself five years ago and then imagine being the same person now. Aren't you glad you changed? Back in the PD, DELL, and LS days, Shakira was more naive about love, but after being in a relationship with Antonio, you can tell that her feelings and emotions towards love changed. Her Fixation songs are more mature. Shakira does not like repeating the same things over and over. None of her future albums will ever be like any of her previous albums. She's always about trying something new, and by being a Shakira fan, you have to realize that. If you can't accept change, well, maybe you aren't cut out to be a diehard Shakira fan.

Shakiramedia Awards 2010
-Strangest Screenname (Third Time!)

Shakiramedia Awards 2008
-Most Boring Member (Again)
-Strangest Screenname (Again)
-Most Underrated

Shakiramedia Awards 2007
-Most Boring Member
-Strangest Screenname

#69 Shakifanforlife

Shakifanforlife

Las de la intuicion

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 9,871 posts

• Germany

• Quote:
    Open up and set it free
    Let it out so it can breathe

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

You guys, just leave the woman alone. Creating a perfume is something that she wanted to do. Leave it at that. She even went as far as designing the bottle and packaging, coming up with the name, etc. That's a lot farther than any other celebrity has gone. Give her a break. You cannot be mad at her because she did something that you don't like. Shakira doesn't do things she doesn't want to. I guarantee Shakira had a lot of input in this project just like she does with her albums. Perfume is a way of expressing her creativity. Sure, she was not the one coming up with the smells, but I assure you, she probably spent hours deciding which chemical combination produced the best smell for her fans. I bet you that she thought this would make us happy ... more Shakira involvment in our lives. Shakira is a human being like the rest of us. All human beings have to keep moving on with our lives. Time only travels one way - forward. She can not dwell in the past. Her music and interests are going to keep changing as time moves on. Take a minute to look at yourself five years ago and then imagine being the same person now. Aren't you glad you changed? Back in the PD, DELL, and LS days, Shakira was more naive about love, but after being in a relationship with Antonio, you can tell that her feelings and emotions towards love changed. Her Fixation songs are more mature. Shakira does not like repeating the same things over and over. None of her future albums will ever be like any of her previous albums. She's always about trying something new, and by being a Shakira fan, you have to realize that. If you can't accept change, well, maybe you aren't cut out to be a diehard Shakira fan.

From now on, I like you even more. :shak-i-sabel:

I agree with every single word you wrote. Great comment. :P

Edited by Shakifanforlife, 05 November 2008 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image

I saw Shakira in:
Cologne/Germany - Oral Fixation Tour - 08.04.2007
Cologne/Germany - Oliver Pocher Show - 02.10.2009
Cologne/Germany - X-Factor - 09.11.2010
Cologne/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 11.12.2010
Mannheim/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 14.05.2011
Frankfurt/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 11.06.2011 (including backstage entrance ♥)

I will see Shakira in:
Hopefully someday soon

#70 Joster

Joster

• 9,616 posts

• Colombia

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

wow......
this forum....

#71 alia

alia

tour groupie

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:bellydance, politics, travel....shakira concerts of course!<br /><br />Madrid, Pamplona, Barcelona, Elche, Washington D.C., Atlantic City, Boston, New York, Mexico City, Paris, Munich, Zurich, Stuttgart, Milan

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    Solo la ilusión trae desilusión Y es tan fácil de caer.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

hmm interesting...perfume

amulet is actually the name of a song by Natacha Atlas (very good song)... amulet is typically a piece of jewelry or charm that is supposed to keep away evil...eg. evil eye, eye of horus, etc.

if the perfume smells great whatever...but i wonder if it smelled like :) how many people here would buy it :daveloveshaki: (note to self...future poll!)

I also think it is ironic that some people will buy it and think hey I smell like Shakira, when in reality as many of us know, the only thing you smell when you stand next to Shaki is that amazing hair product she uses :o

Too excited about Obama, I will have to think harder and longer about whether I am actually angered and turned off by this :mariella2:
"La vida es una colección de recuerdos."

#72 Manu Potter

Manu Potter

I'd die without you... LOL j/k I have several Horcruxes

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 9,719 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:
    La pared es el límite, el final de las cosas. Es la desesperanza.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

Blah, blah, blah....

Any news about a version for men? :daveloveshaki:

Edited by Donnie Darko, 05 November 2008 - 04:57 PM.

#73 curwinga

curwinga

curwinga

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,494 posts
  • Interests:All living things.

• Canada

• Quote:
    Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

Life is funny. I have seen more of it than most people on this forum.If i have learned one thing in life it is that you can't live someone's life for them. They will do what they do and we should be perfectly content with that , good or bad. Just watch from afar and suffer or be glad. Shakira is her own person. She owes no fan anything. She produces a product and we purchase it or not. That is our decision , not hers. We have no right to be critical of anything she does , no more than she has a right to be critical of us. You might say Shakira wouldn't be what she is without her fans , but Shakira had her talent and her voice and her body and spirit long before she had us fans. In fact it is the other way around. It's because of her that we come together like this to talk and argue. It's not a bad thing. So i think we should not try to analyze every little thing she does. She is just a person like we are and i'm sure she does things sometimes just because she wants to. Good grief , some of you people must take hours to decide what to have for breakfast. Just have the damn cornflakes and be done with it !
"We are not aware of any South African legislation that allows people to be detained for wearing an orange dress"

#74 Jairo

Jairo

• 16,682 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Who are we? What we run? THE WORLD!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

('' I wanted to express myself in other way'').

::drool::
Twitter @JairoSoto
Instagram: jairosoto

"Antes de las Seis" es agarrar un momento, una emoción intensa y hacer de eso un cuadro. Son momentos que vienen y van. Muchas veces inspirado en mi experiencia otras veces es poniéndome en la piel de alguien que está cerca mío."
Shakira

#75 Jairo

Jairo

• 16,682 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Who are we? What we run? THE WORLD!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

But wasn't the money going to charity she got for this perfume?

Totally Yes. For Pies Descalzos Foundation and Pies Descalzos School here in Barranquilla ::drool::
Twitter @JairoSoto
Instagram: jairosoto

"Antes de las Seis" es agarrar un momento, una emoción intensa y hacer de eso un cuadro. Son momentos que vienen y van. Muchas veces inspirado en mi experiencia otras veces es poniéndome en la piel de alguien que está cerca mío."
Shakira

#76 SHAKIRALOVER

SHAKIRALOVER

Shakira's Bejeweled Fender

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 30,424 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

I found some of the prototype bottles.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 Captain Slow

Captain Slow

ϟ

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 20,022 posts
  • Quote:
    "Some people are only alive because it's illegal to shoot them."

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

^ I lol'd. :mariella2:

#78 Wolf-Hunter

Wolf-Hunter

♪♫♪Near Perihelion♫♪♫

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,550 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "I'm Colombian and nothing will change that." - Shakira

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

Life is funny. I have seen more of it than most people on this forum.If i have learned one thing in life it is that you can't live someone's life for them. They will do what they do and we should be perfectly content with that , good or bad. Just watch from afar and suffer or be glad. Shakira is her own person. She owes no fan anything. She produces a product and we purchase it or not. That is our decision , not hers. We have no right to be critical of anything she does , no more than she has a right to be critical of us. You might say Shakira wouldn't be what she is without her fans , but Shakira had her talent and her voice and her body and spirit long before she had us fans. In fact it is the other way around. It's because of her that we come together like this to talk and argue. It's not a bad thing. So i think we should not try to analyze every little thing she does. She is just a person like we are and i'm sure she does things sometimes just because she wants to. Good grief , some of you people must take hours to decide what to have for breakfast. Just have the damn cornflakes and be done with it !

yes plus is not like shakira hasn't done this, I still remember going to the grocery store years and years ago and seeing this... did I buy pepsi? noooooooooo I hate pepsi, coke is better. People can choose whether or not buy whatever the Fu*ck shakira puts out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OH and let's Not forget she already designed a car and has been a logo since the PD era.
Posted Image

she has promoted cellphones and Watches etc etc

and now some are going nuts or arguing about this??????? >>>> LOL

hsl2io.jpg

#79 Manu Potter

Manu Potter

I'd die without you... LOL j/k I have several Horcruxes

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 9,719 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:
    La pared es el límite, el final de las cosas. Es la desesperanza.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

OH and let's Not forget she already designed a car and has been a logo since the PD era.
Posted Image

I have a t-shirt with that logo, I made it with serigraphy ^^ :daveloveshaki:

#80 *Simmon*

*Simmon*

*Mistaken Identity*

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 16,685 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

Well I definately agree with disneyreporter, curwinga and ReAleJoD. Thank you for expressing your views too!

Tell me all your wishes

Posted Image

#81 spazz

spazz

:)

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,468 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:12 AM

hmm interesting...perfume

amulet is actually the name of a song by Natacha Atlas (very good song)...

she is Egyptian/belgian :shakifanatica54:

Edited by émad, 06 November 2008 - 01:12 AM.

#82 DEPPYLOVESHAKIRA1

DEPPYLOVESHAKIRA1

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:I love to play guitar and to sing! to play basketball and to hang out with my crazy friends!<br />i love to meet new ppl and i'm really crazy and playfull! (in good side:) )

• Greece

• Quote:
    when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:14 AM

OMG!
I want it, i want it, i want it...!!!!!!!!!!! :blackdreamer: :blackdreamer:
I'm so so crazy right now....<3
:shak-i-sabel: :shak-i-sabel:
Posted Image

#83 Matt Damon

Matt Damon

At best tolerated from afar.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,657 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "Give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld / So I can sigh eternally."

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:45 AM

she has promoted cellphones and Watches etc etc
and now some are going nuts or arguing about this??????? >>>> LOL

Well, you are not comparing apples to apples. The difference with this perfume is that it's hers, she isn't simply promoting it.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbo...om/vizruy.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">vizruy.</iframe>

"Te lloré hasta el extremo de lo que era posible, cuando creía que era invencible."

#84 Manuel

Manuel

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,351 posts

• United States

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

cool!! t4p!

#85 Matthew Kallis

Matthew Kallis

Forum Nationalist

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,063 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:37 AM

Well, you are not comparing apples to apples. The difference with this perfume is that it's hers, she isn't simply promoting it.

That and the fact that those promotions might've given her the necessary capital and exposure elevation that was necessary or recommended to her during the period. No longer does she need to promote her name or spread awareness.

And Shakira having 'designed a car as a new experience' is the most laughable thing I've heard all day. Shakira the mechanical engineer! Who would've guessed?

- Matt

Posted Image

#86 Wolf-Hunter

Wolf-Hunter

♪♫♪Near Perihelion♫♪♫

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,550 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "I'm Colombian and nothing will change that." - Shakira

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:08 AM

ALL her tour merchandise like notebooks, calendars,pens are the same sh!t as this. One must be really naive to think that shakira has never been a logo or that her name alone is her brand.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That and the fact that those promotions might've given her the necessary capital and exposure elevation that was necessary or recommended to her during the period. No longer does she need to promote her name or spread awareness.

And Shakira having 'designed a car as a new experience' is the most laughable thing I've heard all day. Shakira the mechanical engineer! Who would've guessed?

Well you are VERY wrong she didn't say that helping to designed costume made car for her was a new experience, she said it was fun like any other peroson would've said. On the other hand I find it laughable that you are criticizing her when the purpose of The Pies Descalzos car was for that foundation

Posted Image

anyway folks don't forget to drink pepsi. I'll drink my coca cola.

hsl2io.jpg

#87 Matthew Kallis

Matthew Kallis

Forum Nationalist

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,063 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:31 AM

So you fully support the notion that the ends justify the means? If I killed a family man, took his earnings and gave it to charity, would that be justified?

Bring it down a notch. If I stole from a church at night and gave the proceeds to charity, would that be correct?

If I lied to the world, profited from it and gave it all away, is my slate cleansed? Did I not lie?

If I gained from being untruthful, was I not in error?

I point out the distinction once again. Shakira merchandise is a symptom of her fame. This motion is a conscious decision by her. They are worlds apart and have very different implications. She is deliberately subscribing to cheapening her image time and again as of late. Bugger all, this is the last time I'm repeating myself. If some of you choose to blind yourself to these distinctions, I cannot and will not endeavour to show you otherwise, I've done so about four times already and I can only think now of drawing it for clarification. I've mentioned before that I love Shakira and some of you will know that the last thing I'm here to do is slander her, so I'm not some deluded teenager looking to incite anger here (I'm too old to qualify), but do consider that if a percentage of a population thinks differently to you, there's a possibility they just might be on to something.

Emilio's words above should be immortalised in any conscious Shakira fan's mind. "Am I a brand? Am I a logo?" Run it through your head a few times and consider what she's saying.

Edited by Matthew Kallis, 06 November 2008 - 10:35 AM.

- Matt

Posted Image

#88 Matt Damon

Matt Damon

At best tolerated from afar.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,657 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "Give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld / So I can sigh eternally."

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

ALL her tour merchandise like notebooks, calendars,pens are the same sh!t as this. One must be really naive to think that shakira has never been a logo or that her name alone is her brand.
anyway folks don't forget to drink pepsi. I'll drink my coca cola.

Yeah, well it doesn't matter whether I realized what a sell out she was seven years ago or yesterday. That's what I think of her as of the announcement of this perfume. I'll still listen to her music, but I've lost a huge chuck of the respect I've accrued over the years.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbo...om/vizruy.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">vizruy.</iframe>

"Te lloré hasta el extremo de lo que era posible, cuando creía que era invencible."

#89 disneyreporter

disneyreporter

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,352 posts
  • Interests:Disney and Shakira

• United States

• Quote:
    "We can be the architects of change." -- Shakira at the CGI event

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

Guys, end this conversation. Shakira made a decision - leave it at that. If you don't like it, don't buy the product. Shakira's every decision should not change your whole life. She's a human being just like you and me. We are not perfect and sometimes do things for our own selfish interests.

And Matthew, the examples you posted are highly out of context. I understand what you're trying to express, but the examples do not relate to the situation at hand.

Shakiramedia Awards 2010
-Strangest Screenname (Third Time!)

Shakiramedia Awards 2008
-Most Boring Member (Again)
-Strangest Screenname (Again)
-Most Underrated

Shakiramedia Awards 2007
-Most Boring Member
-Strangest Screenname

#90 simr22

simr22

VIP

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

• Canada

• Quote:
    "Oh my God Karen you just can't ask people why they're white!"

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

[color="#696969"]So you fully support the notion that the ends justify the means? If I killed a family man, took his earnings and gave it to charity, would that be justified
color]

Are you comparing murder to the selling of a perfume?!?

So you are saying that creating a perfume and selling it to benefit her very own foundation is a bad thing?

This makes no sense to me whatsoever why people are so against this. It's not like she's whoring herself out for her own gain. She is doing something fun like creating a perfume to help the children of Colombia....get a grip guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users