Photo

"s" Shakira Skin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,860 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

Hello,

So with the new perfume coming, how about?

Header
Posted Image

Skin
Posted Image

I changed the buttons from the SW Paw to "S" and the picture from the SW Shoot to the "S" Shoot.

Click to Play
Posted Image

It's a bit simple, but it needs to be, since the perfume's spirit looks simple but powerfull as well, so i didnt wanna add a bunch of effects, since the pic itself is elegant already :Mohit:

I can make more designs ofcourse ^^

Edited by Shin, 14 August 2010 - 09:52 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#2 disneyreporter

disneyreporter

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,343 posts
  • Interests:Disney and Shakira

• United States

• Quote:
    "We can be the architects of change." -- Shakira at the CGI event

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:03 AM

The colors are beautiful, and I like the simplicity of the design. Any chance of adding the little "amulet" from the bottle or even the bottle itself somewhere in the design?

Shakiramedia Awards 2010
-Strangest Screenname (Third Time!)

Shakiramedia Awards 2008
-Most Boring Member (Again)
-Strangest Screenname (Again)
-Most Underrated

Shakiramedia Awards 2007
-Most Boring Member
-Strangest Screenname

#3 Good Stuff

Good Stuff

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,784 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    If you're ashamed to stand by your colours then you had better seek another flag.

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Amazing as always! :Mohit:

#4 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,025 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

The colors are beautiful, and I like the simplicity of the design. Any chance of adding the little "amulet" from the bottle or even the bottle itself somewhere in the design?

Good idea, Eric. Maybe if Shaki was moved over to the right, and then the bottle could be on the left.

#5 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• ||Shakira's Bejeweled Fender||
  • 2,618 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Any chance of adding the little "amulet" from the bottle or even the bottle itself somewhere in the design?

I don't think he should, "Amulet" never made it to the market

very nice skin, good job!

Facebook Twitter Instagram

April 29, 2011 Abu Dhabi, UAE
May 26, 2011 Beirut, Lebanon
:D

Upcoming:

June 9, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands

June 13-14, 2018 Paris, France

July 13, 2018 Cedars, Lebanon

#6 DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Waka Waka

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 18,227 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Todo en este mundo es temporal
    Lo eres tú y lo soy yo

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:07 AM

^ i think he means the amulet from the bottle, which is the gift if you buy the perfume.

That would be a good idea for the buttons.

And I think this skin is perfect, I dont miss the bottle at all. Simple but nice skin, I hope it will be added.

But I dislike the click to play image. :lick:

300s9w5.jpg

#7 goingtobegone

goingtobegone

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:41 AM

I love the design *-*
I only don't like the picture, but that's not your fault xD

Yeah, it would be nice if you could add the bottle, the bottle looks beautiful *-*

#8 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,860 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:33 AM

Thanks for the comments!

Ok i took your advices and went on with this

header:
Posted Image

Skin:
Posted Image

Skin (alternative version)
Posted Image

Click 2 play
Posted Image
With Shakira

Click 2 play (3rd version)
Posted Image
With the bottle

Edited by Shin, 15 August 2010 - 04:36 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#9 Shakifanforlife

Shakifanforlife

Las de la intuicion

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 9,871 posts

• Germany

• Quote:
    There’s a she wolf in the closet
    Open up and set it free
    Let it out so it can breathe

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:47 AM

I like it :o
Didn't thougt about an "S" skin

Posted Image

I saw Shakira in:
Cologne/Germany - Oral Fixation Tour - 08.04.2007
Cologne/Germany - Oliver Pocher Show - 02.10.2009
Cologne/Germany - X-Factor - 09.11.2010
Cologne/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 11.12.2010
Mannheim/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 14.05.2011
Frankfurt/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 11.06.2011 (including backstage entrance ♥)

I will see Shakira in:
Hopefully someday soon

#10 Good Stuff

Good Stuff

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,784 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    If you're ashamed to stand by your colours then you had better seek another flag.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for the comments!

Ok i took your advices and went on with this

header:

Skin:

Skin (alternative version)

Click 2 play

With Shakira

Click 2 play (3rd version)

With the bottle

Even better! ;)

#11 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,025 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

Amazing, Eti!!!

#12 Chocolat & Co.

Chocolat & Co.

Vueltiao

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,811 posts

• France

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

Nice work Shin :SHAKIRALOVER1: ! as always

#13 Joster

Joster

• 9,616 posts

• Colombia

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

nice the only thing that bothers me is the Shakira Media...its not centered...media is more to the left or something.... something bothering me around there, the rest its pretty! love it :D

#14 Wolfy

Wolfy

Watch Out For The She Wolf In The Closet!

• Admin
  • 5,845 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "If it doesn't matter in five years, then it doesn't matter" ~ Cher, 2008

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

As I said in the other thread, we are not adding skins atm. We are working on the comments section for the site. Later on we'll add more skins. We did add a Halloween skin though. We added it early so it can be ready to use near Halloween. Our focus right now is on the comments, later on we'll go back to adding skins. Maybe we can start an S thread where everyone makes S skins and we add the best one, but for now we are working on adding comments to the site. Later on we'll add more skins. Also, first we plan to add comments to the site, then update the forum and then we'll add more skins. We put adding new skins last because the reality is that we have plenty of new skins. If we add more skins, is it really that big of a deal? Not really. But, adding comments to the site and upgrading the forum will be a more significant and noticeable SM update. You guys can work on whatever you'd like, but we won't be adding skins soon.

Here's the Halloween skin:
http://www.shakirame...om/users/themes

Challenge Me On Songpop: ballboxworker

#15 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,860 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

Maybe we can start an S thread where everyone makes S skins and we add the best one,

Or maybe we can just add this one :shewolfpaw: Since everyone likes it. What's more to do with it?
I mean this skin is good enough to represent "S" and i doubt it's too hard to work with.

I dont mind that it would be added later though, but having this, makes it unneccesairy to make a contest out of this again.
Or you must think it's not good?

I hope we're not gonna make a contest out of everything besides the Sale el Sol theme

Cool Halloween skin btw

Edited by Shin, 16 August 2010 - 01:20 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#16 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,025 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:23 AM

As I said in the other thread, we are not adding skins atm. We are working on the comments section for the site. Later on we'll add more skins. We did add a Halloween skin though. We added it early so it can be ready to use near Halloween. Our focus right now is on the comments, later on we'll go back to adding skins. Maybe we can start an S thread where everyone makes S skins and we add the best one, but for now we are working on adding comments to the site. Later on we'll add more skins. Also, first we plan to add comments to the site, then update the forum and then we'll add more skins. We put adding new skins last because the reality is that we have plenty of new skins. If we add more skins, is it really that big of a deal? Not really. But, adding comments to the site and upgrading the forum will be a more significant and noticeable SM update. You guys can work on whatever you'd like, but we won't be adding skins soon.

Here's the Halloween skin:
http://www.shakirame...om/users/themes

If I do say so myself, that was your weakest defense yet. All you did was repeat yourself over and over - "we don't want new skins, we're working on comments, we don't want new skins, we're working on comments"... that was pretty much it. But this first bit caught my eye more than anything:

As I said in the other thread, we are not adding skins atm. We are working on the comments section for the site. Later on we'll add more skins. We did add a Halloween skin though.

Hypocritical much? You insist over and over that the site doesn't need new skins at the moment, but then you add one simply for the belief that people will want a Halloween skin early. If you haven't noticed in this thread, people want Eti's S skin, not a skin for a one-day holiday over two months away.

Stop putting things off or denying and just add a favored skin for once.

End of story.

#17 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,860 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:32 AM

I dont want this to get ugly Wolfy,

I do believe that the comment update and the updating of the forum is a huge priority, i think you might have misunderstood me, i didnt intend this skin to get added like, right now, cuz i knew you and Xan were busy with the comments feature and the updates, i was just making this skin for later purposes that's all and because people (i think) as Brian stated, want a "S" skin in the near future. It can wait after the updates. I just wouldnt see the idea of making this into a contest or something simulair. :blackdreamer:

That said, i do agree a bit with Brian about adding a skin that will be used for a little more then a few days a year is not neccesairy IMO, but it is fun ofcourse to fit the theme of those days, like Christmas etc.., allot of sites do it, but let it be availible for that time of year only i'd say and not really a "Choosable" skin

We're not bitching, it's just merely helping to make SM a better place :blackdreamer:

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#18 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,845 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

If I do say so myself, that was your weakest defense yet. All you did was repeat yourself over and over - "we don't want new skins, we're working on comments, we don't want new skins, we're working on comments"... that was pretty much it. But this first bit caught my eye more than anything:

I was repeating myself because I was repeating something I said in the other thread. I didn't make that up, its something we've had planned for awhile. Skins isn't the only thing we do at the site. There's a lot of other aspects of the site that we work on. The comments is a big project, we made that our priority atm, then the forum. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand. We can't spend all our time adding skins (especially when we have lots of new skins) when there are other things that can get done that will be more significantly noticed.

Hypocritical much? You insist over and over that the site doesn't need new skins at the moment, but then you add one simply for the belief that people will want a Halloween skin early. If you haven't noticed in this thread, people want Eti's S skin, not a skin for a one-day holiday over two months away.

Stop putting things off or denying and just add a favored skin for once.

End of story.

Halloween is once a year. That's why I added it. We did not have a Halloween skin. We added it early because later on we'll be busy doing other things, mainly the comments section and then the forum. I never said we added the Halloween skin early because people wanted it early. I did not say we did not need more new skins, I said that the comments section would be more significantly noticed than adding more skins. That's why we chose to use our time to add the comments section and put the skins on the back burner. We had planned on adding that a long time ago. When I noticed we where going to be doing other things later on (around halloween), I added it early. Also, I made it, which means that I just made it and added it without any forum drama. Its a shame that now everything turns into a fight between Shin & friends and me. I highly dislike all this that's going on. It wasn't like this at first, but now its all drama and no fun. The tone and drama that now surrounds the skins makes me LESS interested in adding skins. Its your drama and that of others that has made me lose interest in the skins section. I do plan to go back to the skins later on, but if the drama is back I might not be interested, at all. I'm starting to think this might be the end of this. Its just not going to work with all this drama that goes on every time a skins thread comes up.

I was not putting anything off or denying anything. We had set our plans for the site weeks ago. I even said all this awhile back in the other thread.

#19 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,025 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Its a shame that now everything turns into a fight between Shin & friends and me.

Don't go thinking that Shin has some kind of team. He and I may be friends, sure, but I'm simply commenting on what I see happening in the threads.

#20 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,860 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

@Wolfy, there is no fighting going on, you are taking this too high for what is is. :shakifanatica54:

I merely just liked to have your "OK" on this skin or not. Not a whole explanation about why it doesnt get added now, because you told me this multiple times.

Like i said i made this skin for FUTURE PURPOSES.

I feel i cannot utter a word or it's stamped as "drama making" Other then that, you didnt react at all at the skin itself.
It doest need to be added tomorrow, or this week, or next, but later on, since people like this "S" theme and i setted a good looking skin (considering people like it, i state it as a good looking skin) for it, it can be added later? :P

So let's get this comment feature in the air and lets ALL get back on skin making. You said we could make skins in the meanwhile, i did that, i didnt ask anywhere for it to be added asap.

Like said, im merely trying to help SM not trying to nag on you. :)

Edited by Shin, 16 August 2010 - 02:28 PM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#21 disneyreporter

disneyreporter

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,343 posts
  • Interests:Disney and Shakira

• United States

• Quote:
    "We can be the architects of change." -- Shakira at the CGI event

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

The re-design with the bottle is absolutely beautiful! Can't decide which one I like more: the bottle on the left with SM in the middle or SM on the left and the bottle in the middle. haha Anyhow, excellent job! The simplicity of this skin certainly adds to its beauty.

Shakiramedia Awards 2010
-Strangest Screenname (Third Time!)

Shakiramedia Awards 2008
-Most Boring Member (Again)
-Strangest Screenname (Again)
-Most Underrated

Shakiramedia Awards 2007
-Most Boring Member
-Strangest Screenname

#22 DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Waka Waka

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 18,227 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Todo en este mundo es temporal
    Lo eres tú y lo soy yo

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

I love the new click to play image with Shaki ;) And the skin looks good with the bottle too. I'm surprised haha. I dislike the bottle.

ps.: I dont think it's drama if people talk about their opinions and wishes...

Anyway, great job, Eti :)

And YAY we'll getting a new forum! GREAT!

300s9w5.jpg

#23 Martijn

Martijn

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,799 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

I know its the wrong thread to ask this, but I will do it anyway... :D

I saw a couple of times over a period of time that member will be able to post comments on news items on the main site. How is the progress going? And the reason why I am so interested in it, is that, based on my experiences, it won't take more then a couple hours to make a full functioning comment system. Or will you add some more changes to the site, besides the commenting system?

Posted Image

#24 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,845 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

I know its the wrong thread to ask this, but I will do it anyway... :shakifanatica54:

I saw a couple of times over a period of time that member will be able to post comments on news items on the main site. How is the progress going? And the reason why I am so interested in it, is that, based on my experiences, it won't take more then a couple hours to make a full functioning comment system. Or will you add some more changes to the site, besides the commenting system?

You're confusing it with the tour center. We've never had comments in the news section, we might also add comments to the videos. Xan writes the site code himself. It won't take just a few hours. The site doesn't work like other sites because Xan writes the site code himself, which gives the site its own look.

#25 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,845 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

@Wolfy, there is no fighting going on, you are taking this too high for what is is. :shakifanatica54:

I merely just liked to have your "OK" on this skin or not. Not a whole explanation about why it doesnt get added now, because you told me this multiple times.

Like i said i made this skin for FUTURE PURPOSES.

I feel i cannot utter a word or it's stamped as "drama making" Other then that, you didnt react at all at the skin itself.
It doest need to be added tomorrow, or this week, or next, but later on, since people like this "S" theme and i setted a good looking skin (considering people like it, i state it as a good looking skin) for it, it can be added later? :o

So let's get this comment feature in the air and lets ALL get back on skin making. You said we could make skins in the meanwhile, i did that, i didnt ask anywhere for it to be added asap.

Like said, im merely trying to help SM not trying to nag on you. :)

I don't like being involved in drama. At first I did answer people. I felt it was a "discussion about the skins," but its only gotten progressively worse. Not just you, but a group of others. Its made something fun into a chore that I dislike doing. I don't even want to get into it anymore. There's nothing to say that hasn't been said already. I felt it would go away, but each time a skin thread comes up the same drama comes up by the same people. I don't want to be a part of that. If it keeps up, we won't be doing any more skins threads.

#26 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,860 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

But.... There was no drama in this topic? At least not before you´re 1st reply. I did what you said, you said that we could make skins in the meanwhile, so i did and i created a topic for feedback and also to ask feedback from you as well, wich i didnt get, instead i got a whole explanation why you wont add skins right now, wich i knew you wouldnt, on wich i reacted that it could be added later.

There is no drama going on this time besides the drama that you are saying there is, wich actually there isnt. Everyone is keeping it friendly and nice. People in this topic (if wich i don´t know half of the people) reacted positive on this skin, and that´s why i asked for your feedback as well and as said, your OK on this or not for later addtion. But you didnt react on the skin at hand, wich is also the topic at hand :S

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#27 Martijn

Martijn

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,799 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:16 AM

You're confusing it with the tour center. We've never had comments in the news section, we might also add comments to the videos. Xan writes the site code himself. It won't take just a few hours. The site doesn't work like other sites because Xan writes the site code himself, which gives the site its own look.

I write code myself too and it won't take longer than a couple hours, I know how to make a website. I know HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and SQL, so I know what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

#28 Shakifanforlife

Shakifanforlife

Las de la intuicion

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 9,871 posts

• Germany

• Quote:
    Open up and set it free
    Let it out so it can breathe

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

Can someone give me an example pic of the forums mainsite? Because I would like to try to make a new forum skin? Or just the sizes?

Posted Image

I saw Shakira in:
Cologne/Germany - Oral Fixation Tour - 08.04.2007
Cologne/Germany - Oliver Pocher Show - 02.10.2009
Cologne/Germany - X-Factor - 09.11.2010
Cologne/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 11.12.2010
Mannheim/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 14.05.2011
Frankfurt/Germany - The sun comes out tour - 11.06.2011 (including backstage entrance ♥)

I will see Shakira in:
Hopefully someday soon

#29 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,845 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

I write code myself too and it won't take longer than a couple hours, I know how to make a website. I know HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and SQL, so I know what I'm talking about.

You don't know what we have planned. We are not working on the site 24/7, we work on it when we have free time. If you think its that fast to make a site, then you should make your own site.

#30 Wolfy

Wolfy

• Admin
  • 5,845 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

But.... There was no drama in this topic? At least not before you´re 1st reply. I did what you said, you said that we could make skins in the meanwhile, so i did and i created a topic for feedback and also to ask feedback from you as well, wich i didnt get, instead i got a whole explanation why you wont add skins right now, wich i knew you wouldnt, on wich i reacted that it could be added later.

There is no drama going on this time besides the drama that you are saying there is, wich actually there isnt. Everyone is keeping it friendly and nice. People in this topic (if wich i don´t know half of the people) reacted positive on this skin, and that´s why i asked for your feedback as well and as said, your OK on this or not for later addtion. But you didnt react on the skin at hand, wich is also the topic at hand :S

rpvee was not friendly or nice. Nothing that I said was new. But still, the same drama came up. There's no reason for this drama at all. I dislike wasting time on all this silly meaningless drama. When the time comes that we'll be adding skins, we'll let the forum members know. That's if the drama dies, or I might lose all interest in adding skins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users