23 replies to this topic

#1 Nerazzurro18

Nerazzurro18

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

There used to be a time when shakiragallery.com had the best pics in HIGH QUALITY before anybody online. Now? Small pics and days after they're everywhere. Where are the pics of the latest performaces???? Might as well close the site because it is useless now.

Posted Image

#2 NinjaNumberNine

NinjaNumberNine

Chaotically Consistent.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,182 posts
  • Interests:Chess.

• United States

• Quote:
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.

- Albert Einstein

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

Um? :unome:

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image __
it has cats. it isn't cute. and the universe remains intact.

ןɯʇɥ˙ǝɔɹnosuıʎǝʞ/8523144/n/ɯoɔ˙xoqdoɹp˙ןp//:dʇʇɥ ˙uʍop ǝpısdn s,ʇı ƃɯo

#3 Nikotine

Nikotine

Forum Bitch♥

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,895 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Invítame a pasarme por el lado salvaje donde yo no tenga que llevar maquillaje

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

If you look at this thread right here you'll see that the gallery has been closed down for awhile and now only admin can upload pictures. ::glasses:: :Mohit:

69dtg2.jpg

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Nikki Raves | Tumblr
I saw Shakira in:
Dallas, Texas - The Sun Comes Out Tour - 01.Oct.10

iodine lutetium vanadium yttrium oxygen uranium aluminum sulfur oxygen. :blush:

#4 Nerazzurro18

Nerazzurro18

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

If you look at this thread right here you'll see that the gallery has been closed down for awhile and now only admin can upload pictures. ::glasses:: :Mohit:

That's bull. Pics had always been filtered by admins before they were available on the gallery.

#5 Nikotine

Nikotine

Forum Bitch♥

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,895 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Invítame a pasarme por el lado salvaje donde yo no tenga que llevar maquillaje

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Did you read the thread?

and I said that now they can only be uploaded by admin.

69dtg2.jpg

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Nikki Raves | Tumblr
I saw Shakira in:
Dallas, Texas - The Sun Comes Out Tour - 01.Oct.10

iodine lutetium vanadium yttrium oxygen uranium aluminum sulfur oxygen. :blush:

#6 robrock70

robrock70

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• United States

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

it does seem that it has been taking longer for the site to update and add items, and it seems a lot of the videos are no longer available for viewing. still the best Shakira site on the web though.

#7 SHAKILICIOUS

SHAKILICIOUS

Barefoot Diamond

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,307 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    We come alone and alone we die.
    -Marina Lambrini Diamandis

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

Pics had always been filtered by admins before they were available on the gallery.

That's true. I don't know why the admins said they knew nothing about the Pique-Shak photos, considering that photos have to be APPROVED first by them in order to be uploaded.....

Edited by SHAKILICIOUS, 05 March 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#8 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:07 AM

Because of copyright claims we can't upload a lot of pictures. That's very tragic, but we prefer to stay out of a lawsuit, if you don't mind.

Secondly, about the approving: we had to approve selected pictures, some could be uploaded without our approval. And what could we have known about those Pique pictures? They weren't uploaded with a price tag, we didn't know that they were very exclusive pictures and we didn't know the source either. Call us naïve, but the gallery has been open for seven years and we never had much problems.
In order to avoid trouble again, we will (when we will allow user uploads again) double check the sources which means that we only approve pictures from a public source (unless you are the rightful owner of the pictures).

This is the price we pay for our 'fame'. Had we been a small site, chances are big that we wouldn't have gotten claims. That's why other sites and galleries can post pictures without problems.

Anyway, you might as well remove ShakiraGallery.com from your bookmarks because it's useless to you. :cufnc:

#9 SHAKILICIOUS

SHAKILICIOUS

Barefoot Diamond

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,307 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:12 AM

the thing is that if you checked every picture that was going to be uploaded and not only "some", you wouldn't have such problems..i was way too worried when that incident happened cause shakiragellery is my TREASURE SOURCE for shakira photos.

#10 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

Often people added pictures without a source. It's hard to trace then, where they pictures came from. And what do you then, disapprove great pictures because they don't have a source or just accept them?
When users will be able to upload again they must fill in the credits and source field. You can't leave those fields blank. When people fill in bullshit, we won't approve. Not even if the pictures are very rare and/or great. We might not be the first to have all the new pictures, but this is the only way to keep the gallery. And we should cherish what we got, because we still have more than 100.000 Shakira pictures. :D

#11 SHAKILICIOUS

SHAKILICIOUS

Barefoot Diamond

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,307 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

Often people added pictures without a source. It's hard to trace then, where they pictures came from. And what do you then, disapprove great pictures because they don't have a source or just accept them?
When users will be able to upload again they must fill in the credits and source field. You can't leave those fields blank. When people fill in bullshit, we won't approve. Not even if the pictures are very rare and/or great.
We might not be the first to have all the new pictures, but this is the only way to keep the gallery. And we should cherish what we got, because we still have more than 100.000 Shakira pictures. :D

and that's amazing! :daveloveshaki:

#12 Nerazzurro18

Nerazzurro18

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

When users will be able to upload again they must fill in the credits and source field. You can't leave those fields blank. When people fill in bullshit, we won't approve. Not even if the pictures are very rare and/or great. We might not be the first to have all the new pictures, but this is the only way to keep the gallery. And we should cherish what we got, because we still have more than 100.000 Shakira pictures. :D

It's still the best shakira archive, no doubt.

I'm just wondering what did the admin team have in their smart minds when they chose to approve those pictures. Everybody knew that a price tag had been put on the first pics of the new couple together, it was in the news all over the world. Magazines were going to pay thousands of dollars for them.

So my question is, when you guys saw those exclusive pictures, you could've thought... "oh gee.. maybe we will spoil this exclusive!!!!" You guys approved them because you wanted to be the first site online to have them available without thinking of the consequences and this is what you get now. A gallery that will no longer be what it used to be, a place where we could find all the best and latest pictures, often in high quality.

RIP shakiragallery.

#13 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

So my question is, when you guys saw those exclusive pictures, you could've thought... "oh gee.. maybe we will spoil this exclusive!!!!" You guys approved them because you wanted to be the first site online to have them available without thinking of the consequences and this is what you get now. A gallery that will no longer be what it used to be, a place where we could find all the best and latest pictures, often in high quality.

RIP shakiragallery.

No smartass!, there were OTHER Things going on that made those pics appear on SG then them then willing to have the SCOOP :Mohit:

Read and listen better! Dont talk shit and assume things you dont know shit about

Gosh sorry but i cant get the ignorance from people towards the Gallery and the mods here sometimes!

Go over to ShakiraMega Gallery then if you think that's so much better!

The only thing people lately do about ShakiraMedia as a whole is bitch and complain about the things that arent good, most of us sound like spoiled brats nowadays, those sites and galleries dont stay open for nothing you know, it takes hard work and even money and allot of effort, a bit respect would be nice.

Edited by Shin, 05 March 2011 - 11:20 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#14 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

We weren't even the first site to have the pictures online. A couple of picture forums had them up (most likely they came from there). Eyeprime blog was also before us. It's just that we are more known and visited, plus there might be someone who informed the press about the pictures and pointed to our gallery.

We don't care about scoops or exclusives... Have you ever seen us advertising with that? We are just some photo fanatics and all we care is having the biggest and best Shakira photo gallery online. We're not some commercial company. This is just something that we like to do in our free time. I don't think you understand that we are not just online to serve you and grant your wishes.

#15 Nerazzurro18

Nerazzurro18

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

No smartass!, there were OTHER Things going on that made those pics appear on SG then them then willing to have the SCOOP :Mohit:

Read and listen better! Dont talk shit and assume things you dont know shit about

Gosh sorry but i cant get the ignorance from people towards the Gallery and the mods here sometimes!

The only thing people lately do about ShakiraMedia as a whole is bitch and complain about the things that arent good, most of us sound like spoiled brats nowadays, those sites and galleries dont stay open for nothing you know, it takes hard work and even money and allot of effort, a bit respect would be nice.

I've been donating to this site so I feel entitled to criticize the management. Maybe you can learn some respect ;)

#16 Nerazzurro18

Nerazzurro18

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

We weren't even the first site to have the pictures online. A couple of picture forums had them up (most likely they came from there). Eyeprime blog was also before us. It's just that we are more known and visited, plus there might be someone who informed the press about the pictures and pointed to our gallery.

We don't care about scoops or exclusives... Have you ever seen us advertising with that? We are just some photo fanatics and all we care is having the biggest and best Shakira photo gallery online. We're not some commercial company. This is just something that we like to do in our free time. I don't think you understand that we are not just online to serve you and grant your wishes.

Ahhh now things are more clear. Now the answer to my question has been answered. You can close the topic now. Posted Image

#17 Nerazzurro18

Nerazzurro18

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

What were the other things that were going on? Admins didn't know those pics had a price? Com'on give me a break. I'm a "casual fan" and even I knew it.

#18 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

I wont open my mouth on this, but u couldnt be more wrong...

Thats all.

And ive been more then donating, so i have respect, thats why i jump into defense. I think this topic is disrespectfull and quite offensive, as said go to shakiraMega they have à fine gallery as well ;)

Edited by Shin, 05 March 2011 - 02:38 PM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#19 Nerazzurro18

Nerazzurro18

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

I wont open my mouth on this, but u couldnt be more wrong...

Thats all.

And ive been more then donating, so i have respect, thats why i jump into defense. I think this topic is disrespectfull and quite offensive, as said go to shakiraMega they have à fine gallery as well ;)

Not really, I'm just expressing my opinion. Those pictures had the shakiragallery.com tag. So admins had the time to think about the consequences of posting those pictures which had a price tag. So cut the BS. ;) A bad decision ruined all the future uploads to this site. :(

#20 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

What's disrespectful and offensive is the lack of the ability to accept criticism, even if it wasn't presented the best way; they expressed their opinion which shows they care about the gallery and/or appreciate it a lot. The same with ShakiraMedia.com... it's probably become a place to visit regularly for some people, even daily, so when they see something is changing, they react.

Just like we accept all the praise, attention, love and benefits (like dancing waka waka on stage with Shakira, which wouldn't have happened if fans didn't support the website giving it the importance and place it has now), criticism must be accepted too.
Posted Image

Keep Abortion Legal... for the sake of music.

#21 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,871 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:25 AM

Yes it would be, if THIS point of critisism would be justified.

I can understand critisism, but not wrong assumptions, that was my point.

Edited by Shin, 13 March 2011 - 04:26 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#22 Nerazzurro18

Nerazzurro18

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

All the pictures of the latin american tour suck now, small and with watermarks.. That's what Im criticizing. And it's because the pique pictures which everybody knew had a price tag on, were accepted by an admin and published in the gallery. The fact that somebody uploaded them and they were automatically posted in the gallery without any approval is bull.

Edited by Nerazzurro18, 13 March 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#23 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:52 AM

We chose to be very careful now. This is our second big claim, previously we had troubles with Getty/Wireimages. It would have happened sooner or later, if it wasn't for the Pique pictures. This is a hobby, we are not professionals, and we chose to be careful now rather than facing a lawsuit. We all have a job and other things to do. We are not forced to never upload the newest high quality pictures anymore, we just chose for this strategy before it gets really ugly.
What can I say about the Pique pictures? It happened, and in the future will will consider to console you, cause you know all about price tags and what will happen when we post this and that picture.
I don't understand why you still complain about the gallery, cause it's close to non-existant to you (you say we might as well close it) and you claim that pictures are everywehre, so you don't need ShakiraGallery anyway. If you search a little you will find the places where all new HQ celeb pictures are shared, before they 'leak' en public.

@Newenkelen I have no problem accepting critism but I can't do anything with this, or you might explain to me what I could possibly to with this critism? :)

#24 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

@Newenkelen I have no problem accepting critism but I can't do anything with this, or you might explain to me what I could possibly to with this critism? :)

Do exactly what you did in your post: reply in good terms, regardless of the lack of tact or correct expression by the critic.

I was in fact replying to Shin's post #13 which makes SM look like a kingdom that won't accept criticism. Which I know isn't. I agree the thread opener doesn't know how to express himself, but if people are rude there's no need to act the same way (I still love you Etienne! :cufnc: )
Posted Image

Keep Abortion Legal... for the sake of music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users