Photo

Birthday Project For Shakira! (VIDEO HERE!)

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#61 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy interacting with all types of people from all types of cultures.

• United States

• Quote:
    It is a black day. But I am a cookiemaker. I slap pink icing on the sadness and lick my fingers.

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

That was really cool. I forgot to watch the China performance....gotta do that now..

Posted Image

#62 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:14 AM

I didn't understand before that the 2 different videos were made for 2 different projects. Still, the Waka Waka trumps the other in my book.

Rpvee's project is the real one. It's the one that should be being promoted.

I vote Ramon's administrator privelages be revoked. He should not be intereferring with the fans and their projects. He is abusing his power by starting this second project and taking down Rpvee's promotions to insert his own.

I can't believe you administrators are letting this happen!!

Everyone is free to start a birthday project. It's not a contest. Ramon's not abusing power, he is just using the 'power' he has. Give me one reason why he should not be intereferring with fans. And he is not intereferring with their projects, you seem to be the ones who do so.
I support both projects. Rpvee is doing a great job as well. :)
Ramon was allowed to post about his birthday project on the main site of ShakiraMedia, because he is our news admin and he has done a lot for ShakiraMedia. However, you probably don't know all the things he did because he doesn't need to be credited for everything.
Please stop discussing about this and let this be happy and joyful project. What would Shakira think about the videos, if she would know what's going on?

#63 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy interacting with all types of people from all types of cultures.

• United States

• Quote:
    It is a black day. But I am a cookiemaker. I slap pink icing on the sadness and lick my fingers.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Everyone is free to start a birthday project. It's not a contest. Ramon's not abusing power, he is just using the 'power' he has. Give me one reason why he should not be intereferring with fans. And he is not intereferring with their projects, you seem to be the ones who do so.
I support both projects. Rpvee is doing a great job as well. :(
Ramon was allowed to post about his birthday project on the main site of ShakiraMedia, because he is our news admin and he has done a lot for ShakiraMedia. However, you probably don't know all the things he did because he doesn't need to be credited for everything.
Please stop discussing about this and let this be happy and joyful project. What would Shakira think about the videos, if she would know what's going on?

Ramon took down Rpvee's posts and inserted his own. Ramon is the person who decided to call his project the 'official' one. It's just a word HE inserted.

What if tomorrow you decided you wanted to do a Valentine's project for Shakira. You announce it on the website and a few days later, your announcement and promo video is gone replaced by Ramon's video who says he's doing the 'official' Valentine's project. I doubt you'd feel the same way if it happened to you.

It's fine that there are 2 different projects. However, it's not fine that Rpvee's announcements and previous works were erased from our view. It's not fine that Ramon is telling all the fanclubs around the world that his video will be seen by Shakira and Rpvee's won't. It's not fine that Rpvee is not even allowed to post to the Shakiramedia Facebook page. He is a member of Shakiramedia. We should all be allowed to post as long as we follow the posting rules.

We all know that Rpvee has put his heart and soul into this project for years. We know what it means to him and why he does it. Ramon knew all of that, too. Just because Ramon is an administrator his ideas are called, 'Official.' Notice it's not 'officially' on Shakira.com. Shakira's people don't have anything to do with it, only Ramon.

I will continue to support Rpvee and his project because I know what it means to him. And since the problem is ongoing on Twitter, facebook and here, I will continue to talk about it. Do you want to censor me, too? I'm not one of those members who say controversial aggressive statements on a regular basis. I'm just like you....a fan who wants to talk about Shakira. But what has happened here needs to be talked about.

If fan ideas are censored, there's really no point in having a forum.

But all I really, really want to say is everyone please sing Happy Birthday to Shakira in their native languages, because that's awesome and endearing. Rpvee is waiting for submissions!

Posted Image

#64 El Misterioso

El Misterioso

What's up?

• Platinum®
  • 1,292 posts

• Germany

• Quote:
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. [Samuel Johnson]

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Indeed, there are a few questions. I've not the impression SM has an information advantage due to Ramon. But I hope he's the key to financial support by LN. Therefore I'm willing to concede some liberties to him. Plus IMO he doesn't make a bad job. And to be honest, the Ramon discussion is also driven by a subliminal jealousy. Everybody would like doing a swap with him, would like to have his opportunities.

I personally would prefer if they get it together and try a reboot without personal vanities. It should be ideally be a project in order to show Shaki the admiration by her fans and neither a battle field nor a stepping stone for a further professional career.

#65 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

Indeed, there are a few questions. I've not the impression SM has an information advantage due to Ramon. But I hope he's the key to financial support by LN. Therefore I'm willing to concede some liberties to him. Plus IMO he doesn't make a bad job. And to be honest, the Ramon discussion is also driven by a subliminal jealousy. Everybody would like doing a swap with him, would like to have his opportunities.

Ramon the key to Live Nation? He's the administrator of the "official community", and an administrator here. Nothing more. And there's no way I'm jealous of him.

#66 Chocolat & Co.

Chocolat & Co.

Vueltiao

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,811 posts

• France

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Ok BANNED, you do Lebneni and I'll do Khaleeji, deal? :D

the thing is , as far as i know, we sing it in Egyptian dialect in lebanon xD hahahha "Sana helwa ya gamil" or in french or english xD
and sorry for my late reply, and my late submission which i didnt submite yet , but tomorrow is my big exams day and i should be sleeping already but here i am posting after a looooooooong time
i will try to do the recording very soon :D

i really dont know how to feel about all the discussion going on , so i think i prefer to stay out of it and just submit for my love to shakira, im the innocent fan type :unsure:

#67 El Misterioso

El Misterioso

What's up?

• Platinum®
  • 1,292 posts

• Germany

• Quote:
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. [Samuel Johnson]

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Ramon the key to Live Nation? He's the administrator of the "official community", and an administrator here. Nothing more. And there's no way I'm jealous of him.

Don't misunderstand me. I referred to the fact that he's closer to Shakira and her team than everybody of us will ever be. And I also guess, he's rather responsible for the donuts than the decisions at the LN meetings. Apart from that, he's likely the best link between SM and LN and deserves the same decent shot as you.

I don't know the exact reasons of your conflict. Therefore I won't convict anybody. However I've learnt that one party is rarely solely responsible. I had merely noted it would help a lot if both sides would make an effort to come together.

#68 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Don't misunderstand me. I referred to the fact that he's closer to Shakira and her team than everybody of us will ever be. And I also guess, he's rather responsible for the donuts than the decisions at the LN meetings. Apart from that, he's likely the best link between SM and LN and deserves the same decent shot as you.

I don't know the exact reasons of your conflict. Therefore I won't convict anybody. However I've learnt that one party is rarely solely responsible. I had merely noted it would help a lot if both sides would make an effort to come together.

You've got it very mixed up. Ramon has made multiple attempts at stopping my promotion of my video. I've done nothing to him. I'm not fighting him, I don't even want this struggle.

#69 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

the thing is , as far as i know, we sing it in Egyptian dialect in lebanon xD hahahha "Sana helwa ya gamil" or in french or english xD
and sorry for my late reply, and my late submission which i didnt submite yet , but tomorrow is my big exams day and i should be sleeping already but here i am posting after a looooooooong time
i will try to do the recording very soon :D

i really dont know how to feel about all the discussion going on , so i think i prefer to stay out of it and just submit for my love to shakira, im the innocent fan type :daveloveshaki:

Submissions are all Rpvee is asking for. THANK YOU!

Posted Image

#70 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

I personally would prefer if they get it together and try a reboot without personal vanities. It should be ideally be a project in order to show Shaki the admiration by her fans and neither a battle field nor a stepping stone for a further professional career.

I'm guilty of a lot of things, but being jealous of Ramon is NOT one of them. My problem is with an administrator messing with people's posts. Ramon had NO right to block Rpvee from posting on the Shakiramedia facebook page or taking down his promo video. We still have not been giving an explaination as to WHY he did it.

But really, all I care about is everyone sings to Shaki. She deserves our love after bringing it to us city by city.

Posted Image

#71 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

I will continue to support Rpvee and his project because I know what it means to him. And since the problem is ongoing on Twitter, facebook and here, I will continue to talk about it. Do you want to censor me, too? I'm not one of those members who say controversial aggressive statements on a regular basis. I'm just like you....a fan who wants to talk about Shakira. But what has happened here needs to be talked about.

If fan ideas are censored, there's really no point in having a forum.

I'm not trying to censor you, all I ask is discussion to be end, because it's almost unethical. It's for a birthday! The videos won't give you a happy feeling if you know everything that happened before. It's no problem giving your opinion and have a little say, but I'm considering to officially ask you to stop discussing about the birthday projects issue. Everyone has had its say, you gave your opinion. And it's really uncool to discuss about this everywhere on the web or even to harass Ramon. He has stop talking about it, consider just let it rest. Rpvee says he doesn't want this struggle, you say "Submissions are all Rpvee is asking for." So I fail to see how this should be discussed further.

As you can see we support both projects on the forum. Ramon has already responded it his own topic, and I agree that some things could have been handled differently. But, Ramon has helped Brian in the past, so it's not like he stole the idea, he is just doing it alone for multiple reasons. There are two sides of the story, and not everything is told on the forum, which is unnecessary anyway because it's a conflict between Ramon and Brian. Just to be clear that there are some reasons behind actions.

I will talk about this behind the scenes [without Ramon, in case you worry. We know his side of the story and that's enough]. If this is what's it's going to be, I vote down for any birthday project on ShakiraMedia next year. It's clear that it can't continue this way.

Anyway, I'm too late for work because of this. ::censored::

Edited by LilAngel, 03 January 2011 - 10:16 PM.

#72 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

But, Ramon has helped Brian in the past, so it's not like he stole the idea,

I had to respond to this bit here. Last year it was still my project that I was putting together. Ramon offered to collect pictures from people for the video. So did he help? Yes. But that was by no means an invitation for a out-right takeover.

#73 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

I'm not trying to censor you, all I ask is discussion to be end, because it's almost unethical. It's for a birthday! The videos won't give you a happy feeling if you know everything that happened before. It's no problem giving your opinion and have a little say, but I'm considering to officially ask you to stop discussing about the birthday projects issue. Everyone has had its say, you gave your opinion. And it's really uncool to discuss about this everywhere on the web or even to harass Ramon. He has stop talking about it, consider just let it rest. Rpvee says he doesn't want this struggle, you say "Submissions are all Rpvee is asking for." So I fail to see how this should be discussed further.

As you can see we support both projects on the forum. Ramon has already responded it his own topic, and I agree that some things could have been handled differently. But, Ramon has helped Brian in the past, so it's not like he stole the idea, he is just doing it alone for multiple reasons. There are two sides of the story, and not everything is told on the forum, which is unnecessary anyway because it's a conflict between Ramon and Brian. Just to be clear that there are some reasons behind actions.

I will talk about this behind the scenes [without Ramon, in case you worry. We know his side of the story and that's enough]. If this is what's it's going to be, I vote down for any birthday project on ShakiraMedia next year. It's clear that it can't continue this way.

Anyway, I'm too late for work because of this. :shakifanatica54:

Actions are unethical. Discussions are not unethical. I have not harrassed Ramon. I have not done so in any other forum of social media. I pointed out that his privelages should be revoked. He controls the Shakiramedia news feed, our Twitter and our facebook (so I am told). When he purposefully removes posts he doesn't like, he has abused his privelages. He's got quite a lot of privelages so that's pretty scary and the issue needs to be addressed.

Let's hope we never post anything he doesn't like.

I love everyone here. I love this forum. I love Shakira and I do want to enjoy the video, too.

Let's make it a good one and start submitting our Happy Birthday songs!!

Posted Image

#74 pachiotti

pachiotti

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Actions are unethical. Discussions are not unethical. I have not harrassed Ramon. I have not done so in any other forum of social media. I pointed out that his privelages should be revoked. He controls the Shakiramedia news feed, our Twitter and our facebook (so I am told). When he purposefully removes posts he doesn't like, he has abused his privelages. He's got quite a lot of privelages so that's pretty scary and the issue needs to be addressed.

Let's hope we never post anything he doesn't like.

I love everyone here. I love this forum. I love Shakira and I do want to enjoy the video, too.

Let's make it a good one and start submitting our Happy Birthday songs!!

ajathefairy is right. An admin must take a different attitude. Is a friend that helps the forum's users not a competitor or an owner.....
Lo del casamiento es algo que me he enterado por ustedes. Espero que si me voy a casar por lo menos me manden la invitación de mi casamiento!
SHAKIRA.

#75 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

ajathefairy is right. An admin must take a different attitude. Is a friend that helps the forum's users not a competitor or an owner.....

The most important thing we can do as members is sing happy birthday and send it to Rpvee. He'll put in our pics and vids, too, so don't hold back!!! :shakifanatica54:

Posted Image

#76 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

If there are issues related to ShakiraMedia, they should be addressed to john [at] Shakiramedia com. That doesn't have to do anything with censorship, it's just that John can help you there, not on the forum. At least, if you have a serious issue that you want to resolved, complaining is not the way. Lastly, do realize that this topic is affecting both your as Ramon's reputation.

#77 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

If there are issues related to ShakiraMedia, they should be addressed to john [at] Shakiramedia com. That doesn't have to do anything with censorship, it's just that John can help you there, not on the forum. At least, if you have a serious issue that you want to resolved, complaining is not the way. Lastly, do realize that this topic is affecting both your as Ramon's reputation.

I've been talking to John. And I haven't been complaining, I addressed two things Ramon did that I wanted the public to be aware of. It was bottling up inside me. Regarding the reputation, I don't get how being upset about bad things can effect a reputation...

#78 Suvad

Suvad

Enter ye therein in peace and serenity.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,695 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    “When it comes to men it's known that I end up choosing wrong.”
    - Shakira

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

i will try to do the recording very soon :sunnyqueen:

i really dont know how to feel about all the discussion going on , so i think i prefer to stay out of it and just submit for my love to shakira, im the innocent fan type :shakifanatica54:

3adi 7abibi, just do your thing and I'll do mine ('cause I didn't have the egyptian song in mind anyways :P).
& Have a great test! :party1:

#79 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

LET'S ALL SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHAKI!!!!! LET'S MAKE IT MAGICAL!!! Come on, last year's video was really good with the singing. Let's do it again!

Posted Image

#80 Melt Away

Melt Away

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

You are really greatrpvee for doing this. Just letting you know *hugs*

Posted Image

THE UNFORTUNATE HAIRCUT+TRAGIC LOSS OF MAKEUP

TAKE A MOMENT AND DROP BY AND VOTE IN THESE THREADS. Takes literally 30 seconds for each one!!
Vote for your favorite ballads here!
Vote for your favorite looks here!
Vote for your favorite tour performances here!

#81 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

You are really greatrpvee for doing this. Just letting you know *hugs*

Thank you. :freddy1:

I still need your submissions, guys! Only about two weeks left to send them in.

#82 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Doing mine. Can I do it naked?

Edited by Newenkelen, 09 January 2011 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

Keep Abortion Legal... for the sake of music.

#83 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

Doing mine. Can I do it naked?

I'd rather you not. :lick:

#84 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

I'd rather you not. :lick:

Went to the gym the whole year FOR THIS!! Look at my banner, arent I sexy?
Posted Image

Keep Abortion Legal... for the sake of music.

#85 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Went to the gym the whole year FOR THIS!! Look at my banner, arent I sexy?

Sorry, Ramon already booked you then. :P

#86 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

I'm all for nakedness. :P

Posted Image

#87 E

E

cool, i get to have a custom member title.

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:
    my quote is to not have a quote.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

im doing it this year for the first time ::lmao:: lol brian and newkelelelelelelelelelelelelelele encouraged me to.

#88 shakilover222

shakilover222

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,051 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Dices que no tiene caso reaccinar asi, que has echo tu eleccion que viva y deje vivir

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

i want to!

but whats the easiest way? Cuz last year my video wasnt used cuz it couldnt be cconverted. Is it easier to upload it to youtube then send you the link?

or where should i upload it?

edit: ok i jus read the first post, sorry. I will send tomorrow!!

Edited by shakilover222, 09 January 2011 - 10:23 PM.

Posted Image

#89 Nikotine

Nikotine

Forum Bitch♥

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,895 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Invítame a pasarme por el lado salvaje donde yo no tenga que llevar maquillaje

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

I don't think I will be able to get around to doing it this year, but I'm going to try really hard for next year :freddy1:

69dtg2.jpg

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Nikki Raves | Tumblr
I saw Shakira in:
Dallas, Texas - The Sun Comes Out Tour - 01.Oct.10

iodine lutetium vanadium yttrium oxygen uranium aluminum sulfur oxygen. :blush:

#90 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:34 AM

edit: ok i jus read the first post, sorry. I will send tomorrow!!

Awesome, thanks. :D

I don't think I will be able to get around to doing it this year, but I'm going to try really hard for next year :)

Ok! But if you find any time this year, don't feel shy! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users