Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• PlatinumŽ
  • 1,265 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Por ti seré gaviota de tu bella mar

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:48 AM

It's not exactly old news, it's just an update. Basically, the Spanish Tax Agency decided to move forward with the case for good despite not being able to prove Shakira spent enough days in Spain before 2015 to have to pay. Shakira and her team paid those 20M earlier this year as a gesture of good will (as they themselves said) to solve any issues and stop the case, so now they are getting ready to fight the Tax Agency and prove that there is nothing left to pay according to laws in place. We'll see what the court decide next year.

#14162 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,784 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 AM

It's frustrating, because its spread everywhere, even here in America. I swear if I get another phone call/message from my family asking me what I think about Shakira being arrested.  :Mohit:

Tell them that Telephone part 2 with Lady Gaga is happening but Shakira's replacing Beyonce

LAgEpp7.gif

2di0ia8.jpg

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#14163 RLW

RLW

Love in the Time of Cholera

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,713 posts
  • Interests:Science and Mathematics

• United States

Posted Yesterday, 06:13 AM

Tell them that Telephone part 2 with Lady Gaga is happening but Shakira's replacing Beyonce

LAgEpp7.gif

and there will be vagina shots  :bsmoke:

#14164 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• PlatinumŽ
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Music, languages, books

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted Yesterday, 03:26 PM

Ugghh when will Shak get out of Spain???

What they're doing to her is straight up extortion.

Oh, is it? We all know Shakira spent most of her time in Spain during the period in question, she had a house with Piqué so by all means she was a resident of Spain. And our laws, whether people like it or not, state that you have to pay taxes in Spain if you have spent at least half of the year here.

I mean I didn't really care much about this issue, but it does seem her lawyers were aware of this and consciously set up different companies to avoid taxes.

No one is extorting anyone. I'm actually happy that for once Spain is taking these issues seriously. We have had, and continue to have, way too many problems with corruption. So don't blame Spain when it looks like she knew what she was doing (or at least her lawyers). She has the money to pay, so she should just do it if she indeed avoided taxes.

I have just been reading way too many comments of people blaming Spain and our tax system and I'm not going to take it. She is just another rich celebrity who got caught up in yet another tax evasion scheme. So fix it and move on, but respect the laws of the country you are living in.

And I'm saying this as a big Shakira fan, but if she is guilty, the moral thing to do is to apologize and fix it. And the moral thing for Spain to do is to prosecute those who try to cheat the system. It should not be any different for Shakira.

Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahí aunque te maten los celos!

#14165 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• PlatinumŽ
  • 2,141 posts

• Colombia

Posted Today, 02:39 AM

That's what happens when you date a Catalan traitor.

Spain comes to get you...

Silly Shak and her poor romantic choices.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users