Photo

El Dorado World Tour 2017/18 (Spoiler Chat)

• Please log in to reply
3832 replies to this topic

#3811 TrainLikeAHorse

TrainLikeAHorse

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Ya la música no tiene el mismo efecto que solía tener.

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:13 PM

I went to the two LA shows and the sound was not ummm... I dont know, strong enough. Like it was so low you could have a conversation with whoever was next to you, your seat wouldn't tremble. I was in the fifth row and I expected the sound to be amazing, out of this world and blowing my hair off. Nope, I thought it was maybe the first night only but the second night was the same. Her voice would get lost too and the playback was more noticeable than in past tours. I enjoyed myself to the fullest, but I do wish the sound would have been better. There was no bass, no middles, like it was missing a backbone. But shes amazing. I would watch her if she sang over a bluetooth speaker lmao

#3812 Maricelahhhh

Maricelahhhh

S H A K i R A

• 2,777 posts
  • Interests:traveling around the world.

• United States

• Quote:
    "There's nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered" -Nelson Mandela

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"We all go through a difficult moment in life, and we all go through nights that seem darker and longer than other ones, but i do believe that within each one of us, there is a sun that will never extinguish...no matter what." -Shakira ♥

"Once a year go someplace you've never been before" - Dalai Lama

"Human beings are slaves to our dreams and I am a person of many dreams" -Shakira ♥

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:57 PM

What the hell is this Punta Cana show? Theres like 3,000 seats - - no permanent seating.

Oh my the Punta Cana show arena from youtube seems so small, all floor seats. More like a private concert. But I am sure everybody must had a great time being so close.
I wonder wasn't there any other arenas to choose from?

I attended this show, and it was indeed much smaller and poorly organized. Im happy I got front row spots otherwise I wouldnt have been able to see her on the stage unless I looked on the screens themselves. There were no seat levels, so those in the back probably didnt have the best view. 

It indeed felt like a private concert, especially since you could count on two hands how many fans there were in the midst of hotel guests, etc. 

During the show, you could barely hear her during Loba, and I'm not sure who pointed it out to her, but she noticed and ended up switching out mics. 

She also came out on the stage after the show, and those that stayed behind were able to see her. She was going at it, about almost everything from the stage set up to who knows what, but it was interesting to see her in this mentality. She uses her hands to talk a lot , super cute. 

Overall, it was a great show, she was super happy, and I think having those fans in the corner spots of the front row fed her the energy she needed. It was a nice breeze the entire night, rained only once during Perro Fiel, and she didnt do the Ojos dance break at the end of the catwalk which was quite funny. 

33papgk.jpg

>>If you want something so bad, you can have it. Anything is possible.<<

"Don't you worry child....see heavens gotta plan for you"
Tour of the Mongoose: San Jose, CA (November 10th, 2002) <3
Tour of the Mongoose: Oakland, CA (February 2nd, 2003) <3
Oral Fixation Tour: San Jose, CA (August 19th, 2006) <3
Sale El Sol Tour: Sacramento, CA (October 19th, 2010) <3
Sale El Sol Tour: Oakland, CA (October 22th, 2010) <3
Sale El Sol Tour: San Juan, PR (October 14th, 2011) <3
Sale El Sol Tour: San Juan, PR (October 15th, 2011) <3
Persona Del Ano: Las Vegas, NV (November 9th, 2011) <3
Latin Grammys: Las Vegas, NV (November 10th, 2011) <3
The Voice 'Blind Auditions': Culver City, CA (October 18th, 2012) <3
The Voice 'Knockouts': Hollywood, CA (April 18th, 2013) <3
The Voice 'Knockouts': Hollywood, CA (April 19th, 2013) <3
Extra TV at The Grove: Los Angeles, CA (May 6th, 2013) <3
The Voice 'Live Show Semi Finals': Hollywood, CA (June 10th, 2013) <3
The Voice 'Live Show Result Show': Hollywood, CA (June 11th, 2013) <3
The Voice 'Finale Result Show': Hollywood, CA (June 18th, 2013) <3
The Voice 'Blind Auditions': Manhattan Beach, CA (October 13th, 2013) <3
The Voice 'Battles' : Hollywood, CA (February 5th, 2014) <3
The Voice 'Battles' : Hollywood, CA (February 6th, 2014) <3  
iHeart Shakira Album Release Party: Burbank, CA (March 24th, 2014) <3 
Shakira Wango Tango: Carson, CA (May 10th, 2014) <3 
The Voice 'Finale Result Show': Hollywood, CA (May 20th, 2014) <3 

Zootopia Premiere Red Carpet: Hollywood, CA (Feb 17th, 2016) <3 

El Dorado Tour: Amsterdam, NL (June 9th, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour: Paris, FR (June 13th, 2018) <3

El Dorado Tour: Paris, FR (June 14th, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour: Chicago, IL (Aug 3rd, 2018) <3

El Dorado Tour: Orlando, FL (Aug 14th, 2018) <3

El Dorado Tour: Sunrise, FL (Aug 15th, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour: Miami, FL (Aug 17th, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour: Miami, FL (Aug 18th, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour: Phoenix, AZ (Aug 26th, 2018) <3

El Dorado Tour: Los Angeles, CA (Aug 28th, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour: Las Vegas, NV (Sept 1st, 2018) <3

El Dorado Tour: Los Angeles, CA (Sept 3rd, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour: San Jose, CA (Sept 6th, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour Rakuten Event: San Francisco, CA (Sept 7th, 2018) <3 

El Dorado Tour: Punta Cana, DR (Oct 18th, 2018) <3 

#3813 Quikslvr86

Quikslvr86

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

• United States

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:08 PM

Not sure how reliable this info is at all but a friend of mine who has insider connects told me that the English album is launching in 2019 with all colabs. He said theyre going for a big push so I guess well see. Reading this just sounds super fake but figured Id pass it along!

There are rumors on Twitter of El Dorado Tour adding dates due to high demand and sold out shows everywhere shes going. I saw FEIM (guy who photographed her during the European leg) asking her to release the new dates. Maybe thats what hes wishing for?
Also, ThePopJustice said she is planning a big comeback in the US with an all-English album which will include collabs with the most successful artists or recent years, including past collaborators. Beyonce?
I think shes found new inspiration on the road - I heard she will not take a break after the tour and instead she will get right back into the studio. Supposedly, she will be recording something with J Balvin - this one I believe is the most credible one.

#3814 SayWhat

SayWhat

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

• United States

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:49 PM

What language does she follow in Brazil? Like she do english or the spanish versions of the song especially for this tour? Just curious

#3815 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:33 PM

Not sure how reliable this info is at all but a friend of mine who has insider connects told me that the English album is launching in 2019 with all colabs. He said theyre going for a big push so I guess well see. Reading this just sounds super fake but figured Id pass it along!

Im going to take this lightly and not think about it much but strategically speaking, this would make the most sense. They have probably learned by now that she cannot hide away for 4-5 years, come back and expect to be relevant. She has also learned that she can release good music, make good videos and hide always in her Barcelona estate doing zero promo.... and still be successful. She doesnt have to tour for some time, so she could theoretically release a body of work with other artists, then go and do her mother thingy.

Im here for shakira ft Beyoncé/Coldplay/Ariana/cardi/j balvin. Etc

DROP MALUMA

DROP THE IGUANA

#3816 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,778 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:00 AM

She said she is going back to the studio but its uncertain whether it will be for an album. I think she'll be releasing singles for a while till she has an album ready. I'll be shook if she releases next autumn.

2di0ia8.jpg

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#3817 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,778 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:11 AM

What language does she follow in Brazil? Like she do english or the spanish versions of the song especially for this tour? Just curious

Brazil and Portugal get the english versions.

2di0ia8.jpg

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#3818 ShakiChicago

ShakiChicago

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 971 posts

• United States

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

Who is @PakyShak on Twitter? Clearly its someone close to her as he gets behind the scenes pictures and videos at every venue. Anyone know who this is?

#3819 PressBot

PressBot

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "Necessity has the face of a dog." -Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:50 PM

I know she performed 'She Wolf' and 'Whenever, Wherever.' I think 'Loca' was done in English as well but I didn't hear many people singing along in the YouTube videos.

She also came out on the stage after the show, and those that stayed behind were able to see her. She was going at it, about almost everything from the stage set up to who knows what, but it was interesting to see her in this mentality. She uses her hands to talk a lot , super cute.  

Do you mean she was discussing certain aspects of the show with fans? Or she was going off on crew because of technical issues?

#3820 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,875 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:56 AM

Who is @PakyShak on Twitter? Clearly its someone close to her as he gets behind the scenes pictures and videos at every venue. Anyone know who this is?

He's a fan. 

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#3821 ShakiChicago

ShakiChicago

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 971 posts

• United States

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:52 AM

He's a fan. 

How does he get behind all the scenes, inside venues days before shows, on her airplanes, etc.?

#3822 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,875 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:22 AM

How does he get behind all the scenes, inside venues days before shows, on her airplanes, etc.?

Cuz he spends allot of money

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#3823 MATANGI

MATANGI

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

Im so jealous the Chileans got to see an opening act other than a DJ. And, the fact that she invited Francisca Valenzuela to open up for her just makes me even more envious 😭 yall should go listen to her if yall already dont. Her latest single, Tómame, is a bop.

Edited by MATANGI, 31 October 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#3824 ShakiChicago

ShakiChicago

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 971 posts

• United States

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:23 AM

Cuz he spends allot of money

He spends money on what? You mean he buys his way onto all her private flights? Bribes people to get into venues? Im not being mean Im just curious how he does it if he isnt part of the team.

#3825 Maricelahhhh

Maricelahhhh

S H A K i R A

• 2,777 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "There's nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered" -Nelson Mandela

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"We all go through a difficult moment in life, and we all go through nights that seem darker and longer than other ones, but i do believe that within each one of us, there is a sun that will never extinguish...no matter what." -Shakira ♥

"Human beings are slaves to our dreams and I am a person of many dreams" -Shakira ♥

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

I know she performed 'She Wolf' and 'Whenever, Wherever.' I think 'Loca' was done in English as well but I didn't hear many people singing along in the YouTube videos.

Do you mean she was discussing certain aspects of the show with fans? Or she was going off on crew because of technical issues?

She was discussing with the crew, but if you stayed behind you could see her doing this. 

33papgk.jpg

#3826 GitanoDeCiudad

GitanoDeCiudad

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, architecture, psychology, design..
  • Quote:
    Porque simplemente es la artista latinoamericana más importante del mundo.

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

So according to Billboard Shakira's two Miami shows tallied her largest-ever gross from an engagement in the continental U.S.
"Her time away has paid off, as she averages $1.28 million per show across 18 North American reports, up from the $970,000 average of the 2010 tour. The tours high mark was the two-night stint at Miamis American Airlines Arena on Aug. 17-18. There, Shakira brought in $2.8 million, making it the third highest-grossing engagement of her career, her largest ever in the continental U.S. and the venues biggest in 2018."
Source: https://www.billboar...impression=true

#3827 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

I dont get this park setting concert in Bogota. Im sure they have at least one stadium. One show in Colombia and they do it at a park.... I dont get it.

Doing some research, it seems that most international acts that go to bogota perform there? Thats kind of??? Ummm??? I dont know, Bogota is one of LATAMs major city right?

Is this why Madonna performed in Medellin in a stadium rather than in a park in Bogota? Bogota needs to be clocked ASAP, theyre in a desperate need of a train/metro too.

#3828 Maricelahhhh

Maricelahhhh

S H A K i R A

• 2,777 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

I dont get this park setting concert in Bogota. Im sure they have at least one stadium. One show in Colombia and they do it at a park.... I dont get it.

Doing some research, it seems that most international acts that go to bogota perform there? Thats kind of??? Ummm??? I dont know, Bogota is one of LATAMs major city right?

Is this why Madonna performed in Medellin in a stadium rather than in a park in Bogota? Bogota needs to be clocked ASAP, theyre in a desperate need of a train/metro too.

It is also unfortunate that those who have general admission in the back won't be able to see her on stage. I know they can still hear her, but I would personally want to be able to see her physical self. 

Nonetheless, the energy during tonights show is going to be unreal, and I expect an emotional Shakira. 

33papgk.jpg

#3829 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,591 posts

• United States

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

It is also unfortunate that those who have general admission in the back won't be able to see her on stage. I know they can still hear her, but I would personally want to be able to see her physical self. 

Nonetheless, the energy during tonights show is going to be unreal, and I expect an emotional Shakira. 

Hey girly!! <3

Im so intrigued by it that Ive been looking up videos and whatnot, it seems that the ground sort of inclines the further you get away from the stage; this may give people in the way back a better view but I still think this is just lackluster.

Shakira, in Colombia, should be enjoyed in a stadium setting. I know this is not her fault, but damn Im a little salty About Shakira performing at a park for the culmination of her tour.... in her country.... literally the bed for the actual legend of el dorado. Lol

#3830 LatinFreak

LatinFreak

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• Mexico

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:43 PM

And to top it off looks like its raining tonight in bogota.

#3831 GitanoDeCiudad

GitanoDeCiudad

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, architecture, psychology, design..
  • Quote:
    Porque simplemente es la artista latinoamericana más importante del mundo.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

It also seems like this final show is so poorly organized, the show's supposed to start in an hour and people with general admission are still so far in line waiting for them to open the doors or something ! A lot of people are complaining on Twitter...
No wonder she doesn't spoil the Colombian fans with concerts, poor thing

#3832 MATANGI

MATANGI

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it.

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

Hey, now that the tour is over, I posted a compilation video of the two concerts I went to in Miami. This is the link, hopefully, y'all like it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1Qa4UNuattU

#3833 El de la Intuicion

El de la Intuicion

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    When you fall get up, oh oh
    If you fall get up, eh eh

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted you to know that the concert in Bogota was incredible. Though the venue couldve been better, the show was amazing. After singing antología and realising that the whole concert knew the complete song she burst into tears, you can see the video on her social media. She was really touched and said that she realized that her whole life she was looking for El Dorado, but that has always been her homeland.

She also said it was one of her favourite councerts in her career. And I agree, Ive been to almost all her concerts in Bogota, but no other had the energy of last night.

Edited by El de la Intuicion, 04 November 2018 - 06:38 PM.

tumblr_m5zj41hdCz1qi7ua6.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users