Photo

Shakira - Comme Moi/ What We Said

• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favourite version?

What is your favourite version?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 alejandritostevens

alejandritostevens

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:
    I´ll be there and you´ll be near

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

So, i thought this deserved its own thead since it's a confirmed collaboration.

French rapper Black M released the tracklist of his upcoming album, and there's a Shakira feature in there on a song called "Comme Moi". The album comes out October 28th, so we should be able to hear the song by then.

Here's the link for the tracklist of Black M's album:

https://twitter.com/...3604736/photo/1

Edited by Gray Fox, 31 May 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#2 BabyBenzz

BabyBenzz

Laundry Service

• 4,628 posts
  • Interests:Shakira

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    ''Sony which back then was CBS'' - Shakira

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

Disgusting, I don't get why she's working these unknown idiots. I get that she loves doing charity work but this is too much.

-

He apparently has a song that says "I want to Fu*ck Shakira while Waka Waka plays in the background".
Shakira is my Goddes, Lana Del Rey is my Queen ♥ Follow & Add Me:

Twitter <-- Click!

Facebook <-- Click!

#3 Lorelei

Lorelei

Dia De Enero

• 7,410 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

Disgusting, I don't get why she's working these unknown idiots. I get that she loves doing charity work but this is too much.

-

He apparently has a song that says "I want to Fu*ck Shakira while Waka Waka plays in the background".

Tweet this to Pique real quick

Black M CANCELLED

sorayas-wiggg-o.gif

sorayas-wiggg-o.gif

Posted Image

http://loreleitales.wordpress.com/

The dream comes true : Η.Ι.Μ Live in Athens September 15th,2007

The dream goes on :H.I.M Live in Athens August 1st, 2014

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#4 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,817 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

Well im happy she's releasing something new, its not as if this is career making or breaking for her.

I dont care who he is, as long as its a catchy song. I didnt know Manu before either and everyone had a meltdown when the news came they were working together.

Anyways:

Il avait annoncé «quelque chose dénorme» lors dune interview sur NRJ et il a tenu promesse! Pour son nouvel album, «Eternel Insatisfait», Black M sest offert deux collaborations de prestige avec des superstars internationales: Shakira et Diplo!

Du très lourd pour le rappeur, et deux arguments supplémentaires pour vous jeter sur son deuxième opus le 28 octobre prochain.

A quoi faut-il sattendre?

Baptisé «Comme Moi», ce titre en featuring avec Shakira devrait être lun des singles mis en avant par Black M, comme il lavait annoncé sur NRJ. Une chose est sûre, peu dartistes Français ont eu la chance de pouvoir collaborer avec une superstar internationale de ce calibre. Le rappeur soffre également les services de Diplo sur le titre «Fais Moi Rêver». Le leader du collectif Major Lazer est lun des producteurs les plus demandés du moment et cest à lui que lon doit le hit «Cold Water» en featuring avec Justin Bieber.

Au total, le nouvel album de Black M contiendra 20 titres dont des collaborations avec MHD, Zaho, Soprano ou encore Gradur. Rendez-vous le 28 octobre dans les bacs!

http://www.nrj.fr/ar...atisfait-341220

------

-

I need receipts!
54848-k_michelle_receipts_final-13693525

Edited by Gray Fox, 27 September 2016 - 01:39 PM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#5 alejandritostevens

alejandritostevens

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, i just looked it up and those lyrics are from a song called "Black Shady Pt. 2". Then again, he also said Black Shady is his "evil alter-ego", kinda like Eminem or Nicki Minaj do in certain songs!

#6 Emix

Emix

Pepsi

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,154 posts
  • Quote:
    And i'm crazy...but you like it!

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:13 PM

She will NEVER understand!!

This is just too much. I don't even know who this Eminem wannabe is and i don't want to know but this woman is truly lost.

Thank GOD this is some local flop and only her fans will find out about this one! Bitch you have your album coming out, you need to stay silen and don't release anything until then and come and slay with your own single! You are doing the same mistake, releasing random songs with floos before your own and ruining your marketing strategy will you ever understand??

Edited by Emix, 27 September 2016 - 10:14 PM.

tumblr_ogu6dbKw2f1r9nlfxo2_540.gif

#7 DL1

DL1

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

• France

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:30 AM

She will NEVER understand!!

This is just too much. I don't even know who this Eminem wannabe is and i don't want to know but this woman is truly lost.

Thank GOD this is some local flop and only her fans will find out about this one! Bitch you have your album coming out, you need to stay silen and don't release anything until then and come and slay with your own single! You are doing the same mistake, releasing random songs with floos before your own and ruining your marketing strategy will you ever understand??

He is indeed local, but he is far from being a flop in France. He was interviewed on radio yesterday when he unveiled the tracklist, and they were like "so you got a track with Diplo, and another one with... Shakira omg amazing", so I'm sure that they will push the song as a single. But yeah, apart from France, I don't think people will hear much about this one.

That could be a way to make French people interested in Shakira again, since the self-titled era did not make that much noise here. I feel like most French people associate Shakira with Activia or label her as the World Cup singer... If this song can pave the way for her to get a French success à la Sale El Sol, then why not.

Let's wait to hear the song, after all, Sia also collaborated with a French rapper (Maitre Gims, who was in the same rap band as Black M) and the song turned out to be not too bad.

#8 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,817 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:14 AM

If he was in the same leage as Maitre Gims then my enthousiasm has been sparked a bit more, id actually love her to sing something with Maitre Gims.

I need new shaki music lol

This is appearantly the first single:
https://youtu.be/jZQCsgcbuBo

Loving the sound, his voice is alright, I hope the song with Shaki will be upbeat and maybe like this as well.

Edited by Gray Fox, 28 September 2016 - 02:36 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#9 LJP

LJP

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:13 AM

Loving the sound, his voice is alright, I hope the song with Shaki will be upbeat and maybe like this as well.

Sorry if I'm wrong because my French is'nt superb but am I right if I think it's a very political song, about him being dark skinned but still a French man. And he openly mentions Marion Le Pen, member of Front National. So is it a song against racism and the extreme right upswing in France??? (Basically in whole Europe)
Please tell me if I'm wrong

#10 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Music, languages, books

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:19 AM

He is indeed local, but he is far from being a flop in France. He was interviewed on radio yesterday when he unveiled the tracklist, and they were like "so you got a track with Diplo, and another one with... Shakira omg amazing", so I'm sure that they will push the song as a single. But yeah, apart from France, I don't think people will hear much about this one.

That could be a way to make French people interested in Shakira again, since the self-titled era did not make that much noise here. I feel like most French people associate Shakira with Activia or label her as the World Cup singer... If this song can pave the way for her to get a French success à la Sale El Sol, then why not.

Let's wait to hear the song, after all, Sia also collaborated with a French rapper (Maitre Gims, who was in the same rap band as Black M) and the song turned out to be not too bad.

Help me out with my French here: "Baptisé «Comme Moi», ce titre en featuring avec Shakira devrait être lun des singles mis en avant par Black M". Does "mis en avant" mean that we might get the song before the album release, as a single?

Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahí aunque te maten los celos!

#11 Hichou

Hichou

Jaabouq

• Platinum®
  • 1,401 posts

• France

• Quote:
    "Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way on your own"

Angelina Jolie

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:29 AM

Sorry if I'm wrong because my French is'nt superb but am I right if I think it's a very political song, about him being dark skinned but still a French man. And he openly mentions Marion Le Pen, member of Front National. So is it a song against racism and the extreme right upswing in France??? (Basically in whole Europe)

You're right.

But I still find it funny for a homophobic guy to scream "racism". I can't with this guy, no matter how catchy his songs are.

#12 DL1

DL1

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

• France

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:29 AM

You're absolutely right.

The first line of the chorus says : "I am French, they don't want Marianne* to be my fiancée, maybe because they think I am too dark-skinned". (*Marianne is the symbol of the French Republic)

This is actually a very nice text.

#13 DL1

DL1

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

• France

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:35 AM

Help me out with my French here: "Baptisé «Comme Moi», ce titre en featuring avec Shakira devrait être lun des singles mis en avant par Black M". Does "mis en avant" mean that we might get the song before the album release, as a single?

Oops sorry for the double post, I hadn't seen your answer. 

Hum, this sentence does not necessarily means that the track will be released before the album, only that the track should get the single treatment at some point during the promotion of the album. He already announced that the track that will be unlocked when you preorder the album (this Friday) would be "#Askip". But who knows how many promo singles they'll release before October 28th ?

#14 Ponsho

Ponsho

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:
    Agítese antes de leer!

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:39 AM

So excited for this!

What's wrong with you? I love all these random singles & collaborations... They put her in the scene. Maybe some of them can become a so-long-awaited smash (she need it!), paving the way for her own new music.
Look at "La Bicicleta" giving back her crown in Latin America, or "Try Everything" selling more than the Shakira.'s singles.

giphy.gif

#15 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Music, languages, books

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:11 AM

Oops sorry for the double post, I hadn't seen your answer. 

Hum, this sentence does not necessarily means that the track will be released before the album, only that the track should get the single treatment at some point during the promotion of the album. He already announced that the track that will be unlocked when you preorder the album (this Friday) would be "#Askip". But who knows how many promo singles they'll release before October 28th ?

Thanks! Either way, we won't have to wait too long to listen to it.

I'm kind of excited for this, as random as it is. His first single has a nice sound, I can see Shakira doing something like that.

Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahí aunque te maten los celos!

#16 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,817 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

Well the band he was in was homophobic, not him alone perse, Maitre Gims was also in that band.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#17 Denran

Denran

Utraviolence

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

• Belgium

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

I'm french speaking and his first single is just awful & ridiculous. But I guess it's also something anyone who has any sense of melody can understand... I suppose the Shaki "collab" is not more than a sample hopefully.

Meltdowns are real about the new collabs these days and I get it... Trying my best to consider the future "era" as a global entity not judging all the mess there's been rumoring so far.

#18 Lorelei

Lorelei

Dia De Enero

• 7,410 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:44 PM

Maluma is hated by the Latin American public, now this guy is hated by the french speaking audience

She's coming for Kanye next time :P

Posted Image

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#19 alejandritostevens

alejandritostevens

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 867 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:17 PM

Maluma is hated by the Latin American public, now this guy is hated by the french speaking audience

Maluma is not hated by the Latin American public lmao. He's one of the most successful and widely celebrated Reggaeton singers right now!

#20 Lorelei

Lorelei

Dia De Enero

• 7,410 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Maluma is not hated by the Latin American public lmao. He's one of the most successful and widely celebrated Reggaeton singers right now!

I didnt say anything about his success. I havent read many positive things about him. The majority of the latin american fans on social media didnt really rejoice with this duet, everyone was calling him generic etc.

Posted Image

#21 Suvad

Suvad

Enter ye therein in peace and serenity.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,684 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    “When it comes to men it's known that I end up choosing wrong.”
    - Shakira

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

ugh just when you think she couldn't go lower than maluma for this era... well, at least it's not for her album and we haven't reached el cata status yet.

i actually don't mind this (despite the cheesy lyrics). but the homophobia, the lyrics, and the mere fact she doesn't seem to want to stray from urban collaborations makes me ever so doubtful about this era.

04444.jpg

#22 ab997

ab997

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

• United Arab Emirates

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

If you love Shakira just because you want or you think she cares about topping charts and being all commercial, then you're really loving the wrong artist :/ 

Black M makes really good music, and the fact that she accepted the collaboration to be in his album, means it gotta be a very good song. Very excited for it .

Like seriously you guys who just care about her topping the charts go care about other commercial singers who make shit*ty songs and top charts for no reason.  

y'all hating the song without even listening to it.  :wtf2:

#23 tomaseba

tomaseba

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

• Chile

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

x2

He is hated by Shak's fans and that is not a real representation of his popularity, for example most of her fans hate the idea that she's working with him just because he collaborated with Thalia.

By the way i'm excited for Comme Moi  :drink:

Edited by tomaseba, 28 September 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#24 Mick

Mick

Give It Up To Me

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 14,644 posts
  • Interests:None.

• United States

• Quote:
    "Ya no se si he vivido diez mil dias o un dia diez mil veces."

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

No he isn't. He's very successful & is becoming bigger by the day. He's the most followed male Latin artist on Instagram & is continually selling out shows (as well as getting nominations/performance slots on all the Latin awards shows). Beside Shakira fans (which coincidentally hate just about everything), I haven't seen the Latin public hating on him (I've been following him for a few years now and he's definitely not receiving much hate at all).

Edited by Mick, 28 September 2016 - 03:58 PM.

"Si Pudiera Exocisarme De Tu Voz"

#25 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,707 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:09 PM

My problems with Maluma, he's just a kid who has not proven himself as an artist (and I sort of look down on people who choose reggaeton as their medium of expression, specially if they don't use it to say anything substantial. I see it as appealing to the lowest common denominator).Also, He's sort of the flavor of the month right now, and the fact that he's collaborating with everybody makes it feel like Shakira is just trying to jump on the bandwagon by having a collaboration with him, as the song will probably be the lead single..... Then again, I'm still hopeful that they'll deliver something decent. But until then we'll keep on doing what we do best, and just keep on winning.

Edited by sonador, 28 September 2016 - 04:10 PM.

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#26 Greatness

Greatness

This is what is known as a Super Saiyan that has ascended ...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,097 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Video Games, Movies, Sports, TV Shows

• United States

• Quote:
    "Right back at ya," cause I'll survive...

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

I want another DELL/PD/LS/SW, very few collabs

#27 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,707 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

I want another DELL/PD/LS/SW, very few collabs

We all do.... (sigh)

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#28 Lorelei

Lorelei

Dia De Enero

• 7,410 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:19 AM

If you love Shakira just because you want or you think she cares about topping charts and being all commercial, then you're really loving the wrong artist :/ 

Black M makes really good music, and the fact that she accepted the collaboration to be in his album, means it gotta be a very good song. Very excited for it .

Like seriously you guys who just care about her topping the charts go care about other commercial singers who make shit*ty songs and top charts for no reason.  

y'all hating the song without even listening to it.  :wtf2:

Both artists are commercially successful though and she works with them to get her name out there again. She does care about the charts otherwise we wouldn't have a lead single with Rihanna, a famous hit-maker, and a huge album rollout with Target ads and another World Cup song.

I agree we all do too much but Shak was never really the "Music, not the charts" type of artist. She's a mainstream popstar, of course she wants success. She pushed back her damn album to add a Timbaland song on it, for God's sake, and it wasn't even good :P

Posted Image

#29 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,214 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Por ti seré gaviota de tu bella mar

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:08 AM

Just repeating what's been said... Maluma isn't "hated," but he's not thought of as particularly good music. Again, he's not even the best reggeaton artist out there, and that's saying a lot.

I don't think "urban" collaborations are the problem, the problem is their quality. These two songs might prove to be another Gordita, who knows, but they can also go the oher way.

#30 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,707 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:11 AM

Just repeating what's been said... Maluma isn't "hated," but he's not thought of as particularly good music. Again, he's not even the best reggeaton artist out there, and that's saying a lot.

I don't think "urban" collaborations are the problem, the problem is their quality. These two songs might prove to be another Gordita, who knows, but they can also go the oher way.

They could also be another Rabiosa, GIUTM, OR Get it started....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users