93 replies to this topic

#61 Carmy

Carmy

It's just no victory march.

• Platinum®
  • 2,791 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

65 minutes? She can't be serious right ?

31-01-07 Antwerp
17-03-07 Arnhem
01-12-10 Rotterdam
05-12-10 Amneville
11-12-10 Cologne
12-12-10 Antwerp

15-05-11 Monchengladbach
03-06-11 Madrid
11-06-11 Frankfurt
13-06-11 Paris
14-06-11 Paris
27-03-13 Meeting Shakira in Paris at Sephora's!

29-03-14 London, the Voice

#62 Melt Away

Melt Away

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

Probably so she can go back and bang pique

Posted Image

THE UNFORTUNATE HAIRCUT+TRAGIC LOSS OF MAKEUP

TAKE A MOMENT AND DROP BY AND VOTE IN THESE THREADS. Takes literally 30 seconds for each one!!
Vote for your favorite ballads here!
Vote for your favorite looks here!
Vote for your favorite tour performances here!

#63 goingtobegone

goingtobegone

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

65 minutes :o?
That's....... I don't even have words for it..

At least she looks better now without her extensions.

#64 Shaky

Shaky

Stay true to your heart

• Platinum®
  • 1,590 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Life is a song, sing it!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

About Shakira her hair, what is a bang? She still has fake hair combined with her real hair.

I wonder why she would cut out more songs, what is the use of a free concert with so little time? Costs a lot of money to get everything up and running for the concert, so better give a longer show?

Rotterdam 22-05-2003
Arnhem 17-03-2007
Cologne 08-05-2007
Rotterdam 01-12-2010
Amneville 05-12-2010
Cologne 11-12-2010
Antwerpen 12-12-2010

Madrid 03-06-2011
Frankfurt 11-06-2011
Paris 13-06-2011
Paris 14-06-2011
Werchter 09-07-2011 canceled

#65 tomas

tomas

Shakrates.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:00 AM

The Merida concert wasn't 65 minutes. It was 1 hour and 40 minutes. The concert started at 9:41 (41 minutes later that advertised).

She didn't sing Pienso en Ti, Underneath Your Clothes, Gordita or Antes de las Seis.

Details: http://www.shakira-a...da-yucatan.html

She did sing Why Wait.

Set list: http://www.shakira-a...-en-merida.html

#66 Carmy

Carmy

• Platinum®
  • 2,791 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for the info. I was looking for it..
1.40 is better than 1.05 :P

31-01-07 Antwerp
17-03-07 Arnhem
01-12-10 Rotterdam
05-12-10 Amneville
11-12-10 Cologne
12-12-10 Antwerp

15-05-11 Monchengladbach
03-06-11 Madrid
11-06-11 Frankfurt
13-06-11 Paris
14-06-11 Paris

#67 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy interacting with all types of people from all types of cultures.

• United States

• Quote:
    It is a black day. But I am a cookiemaker. I slap pink icing on the sadness and lick my fingers.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

Thanks, Tomas. Ok guys, sorry I posted that tweet. Now I can't figure out what 65" means unless it actually means inches which makes me not understand what they guy is saying.

Anyway, the tweet was about Merida, but what about the article I found about the Cancun concert? I hold no stock in the reliability of the article, but it says she opened the show with Te Dejo Madrid. I'm looking for the intro to the Cancun show because I don't want to believe that's true.

And I am not a Shakira hater, but a concert is supposed to be at least 2 hours long. I won't hold it against her since the Merida concert was free.

Posted Image

#68 tomas

tomas

Shakrates.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

Anyway, the tweet was about Merida, but what about the article I found about the Cancun concert? I hold no stock in the reliability of the article, but it says she opened the show with Te Dejo Madrid. I'm looking for the intro to the Cancun show because I don't want to believe that's true.

Could be accurate or could be false. A lot of articles report misinformation. Some were reporting that Pique was with her in Cancun and Merida. This article says she performed Addicted To You (she didn't):

Durante casi dos horas, hombres, mujeres y niños de todas las condiciones sociales presenciaron el espectáculo musical de la artista, que salió a escena con un ceñido pantalón y botas en color negro, blusa en oro, con abanico en mano en colores lila y guinda, mientras entonaba "Addicted to you", a la que siguió "Te dejo Madrid".

Translation: For nearly two hours, men, women and children from all walks of life witnessed a musical artist who appeared on stage with tight trousers and boots in black, gold blouse with fan in hand in lilac and cherry while singing "Addicted to you", which was followed by "I leave Madrid."

Edited by tomas, 17 July 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#69 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy interacting with all types of people from all types of cultures.

• United States

• Quote:
    It is a black day. But I am a cookiemaker. I slap pink icing on the sadness and lick my fingers.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

:shakifanatica54: Thanks, Tomas!

Posted Image

#70 Vuelve88

Vuelve88

Uyyyyyy corn!

• 12,393 posts
  • Interests:I'm currently a Senior at Vanderbilt University, studying Political Science and Communication Studies. I'm hoping to become a lawyer in the future.

• United States

• Quote:
    Though my views may be wrong
    They may even be perverted
    She'll hear me out
    And won't easily be converted
    To my way of thinking
    In fact she'll often disagree
    But at the end of it all
    She will understand me

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

The decision to cut songs right and left will mar this tour era.

"Such a sad day in music and entertainment history. And just the other day I was saying how much I wished I was one of her twins."
- disneyreporter

"The only new Dell coming out are in the format of a computer." - JMO

#71 ddiuit

ddiuit

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:
    I was driving when I got the call, so ever since then, that's what I do: I wake up, I go to work, and I just drive.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

The Merida concert wasn't 65 minutes. It was 1 hour and 40 minutes. The concert started at 9:41 (41 minutes later that advertised).

She didn't sing Pienso en Ti, Underneath Your Clothes, Gordita or Antes de las Seis.

I attended the concert at Mérida and she sang Antes de las Seis, I was in front of her :)

Edited by ddiuit, 17 July 2011 - 03:02 PM.

"... pero después pongo el oído en la lápida para sentirlo llorar entre los escombros del baúl desbaratado y si acaso se ha vuelto a morir lo vuelvo a resucitar, pues la gracia del escarmiento es que siga viviendo en la sepultura mientras yo esté vivo, es decir, para siempre."

#72 ddiuit

ddiuit

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:
    I was driving when I got the call, so ever since then, that's what I do: I wake up, I go to work, and I just drive.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

"Con 'Ojos así' se mostró como una gran odalisca, para dar un cambio drástico a su vestimenta, al salir con un vestido de noche en azul cielo, aún descalza, mientras entonaba 'Antes de las seis' "

http://www.informado...ra-a-merida.htm
"... pero después pongo el oído en la lápida para sentirlo llorar entre los escombros del baúl desbaratado y si acaso se ha vuelto a morir lo vuelvo a resucitar, pues la gracia del escarmiento es que siga viviendo en la sepultura mientras yo esté vivo, es decir, para siempre."

#73 Melt Away

Melt Away

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

I honestly don't understand the point of random articles making up her setlist. What's the point of fabricating a story about SHakira singing songs she didn't sing? What is there to gain?
Posted Image

Posted Image

TAKE A MOMENT AND DROP BY AND VOTE IN THESE THREADS. Takes literally 30 seconds for each one!!

#74 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

I attended the concert at Mérida and she sang Antes de las Seis, I was in front of her :)

PLEASE give us ALL the details! Including her intro! Was it Pienso en Ti??!

Posted Image

#75 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

I honestly don't understand the point of random articles making up her setlist. What's the point of fabricating a story about SHakira singing songs she didn't sing? What is there to gain?

First of all, whoever that guy is, he's cute.

And I don't think they make up the setlist on purpose. The most plausible case is that the writer is not a fan and does not know the names of songs and guesses what they were called.

Also, did that guy on Twitter seriously expect her to sing Lo Imprescindible and Sombra de Ti? He was bound to be disappointed!

August 18, 2006. September 15, 2009. October 25, 2010. October 26, 2010.

#76 Melt Away

Melt Away

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

HAHAHAHAA yes I know like WTF as if he just expects Shakira to sing what he wants! (Although speaking of which, shakira should hav a fan request section like Madonna or Mariah or Whitney)

But is he THAT delusional LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

#77 ddiuit

ddiuit

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

PLEASE give us ALL the details! Including her intro! Was it Pienso en Ti??!

:)

Here, in Merida, there was great excitement about the concert. Mérida is not the most important city in México, not the bigger, or the one that receives more tourists, but it is the safest city in the country, and had never been a concert of this magnitude. The planning of the concert and its realization were always surrounded by controversy, but those are things that have no relevance, at least for me.

There was a lot of people going to La Plancha very early in the afternoon. The access were opened at 3pm and there was long lines of people, anxious to see Shakira. She arrived to La Plancha at 7-7:30pm. At 9 pm, the Sub17 mexican national soccer team arrived to La Plancha, and 40 minutes after, the concert began.

She appeared on the stage with Años Luz and Te Dejo Madrid, so she did not walk between the people. After that, she spoke to the audience: "how are you, my people?! Well, I'm very happy to be here, I am happy to be among so many of you, tonight we are 150 000 people. Thanks, Mérida, for this night that already feels like one of those unforgettable nights. You enjoy, I'm here for you, so have a good time, and you know, Merida, tonight I'm all yours". She continued the show with Si te vas, Suerte, Inevitable (she changed the lyrics for "si es cuestión de confesar, no se preparar café, y ahora entiendo de futbol"), Nothing else matters, Despedida, Gitana, La Tortura, Ciega Sordomuda, Sale el Sol, Las de la Intuicion, Loca, Loba, Ojos Así, Antes de las Seis, HDL y Waka Waka. The more chanted songs were Sale el sol, Loca, CSM and Waka waka.

The concert was very pretty but people on the front of the stage did not sing much because most of them were not fans (yucatecan outstanding, tourists, olympic medalists, handicapped people, and others). There was no giant mask-head and the runway was short, but otherwise the stage was complete. There were three giant screens on stage and two giant screens in each area, a total of eight areas. After the concert, she left the site immediately. The band members left Mérida early in the morning. I loved the concert.

Edited by ddiuit, 18 July 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#78 ddiuit

ddiuit

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

On she wolf no fire effects and on Waka Waka there was confetti. The night before, during sound checks, there were fireworks, but not in the concert. In children's video on Waka waka, audio and video was not synchronized.

Edited by ddiuit, 18 July 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#79 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

150,000? That doesn't sound right..Really? Was the concert free or something?

But glad you had fun :)

P.S. Why aren't there separate topics for the concert dates?

Edited by cufnc, 18 July 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#80 ddiuit

ddiuit

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

150,000? That doesn't sound right..Really? Was the concert free or something?

But glad you had fun :)

P.S. Why aren't there separate topics for the concert dates?

yeah, the concert was free, she said 150,000 people, but official data say 170,000 people. I don't know why there aren't separate topics for the concert dates... maybe nobody has created them :)

And thank you, I really enjoyed the concert, i was in front of her :) on my city, full show and free... can I ask something else? Posted Image

Edited by ddiuit, 18 July 2011 - 09:33 PM.

#81 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

Yeah that's really awesome! Was it your first time seeing Shakira?

And that topic question was secretly to the mods, because only they can create topics for the concert dates ;-)

#82 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

The concert was very pretty but people on the front of the stage did not sing much because most of them were not fans (yucatecan outstanding, tourists, olympic medalists, handicapped people, and others). There was no giant mask-head and the runway was short, but otherwise the stage was complete. There were three giant screens on stage and two giant screens in each area, a total of eight areas. After the concert, she left the site immediately. The band members left Mérida early in the morning. I loved the concert.

So happy to hear an eye witness account! Thank you for answering all my questions. :lick:

Posted Image

#83 ddiuit

ddiuit

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

Yeah that's really awesome! Was it your first time seeing Shakira?

Yeah, my first time :) jijijijiji

So happy to hear an eye witness account! Thank you for answering all my questions. :lick:

De nada ajathefairy :) my cousin went to the Cancún concert, she lives there, I have not seen her on facebook or msn, or talk to her by telephone, but when she get connect i will ask her details about that concert Posted Image

Edited by ddiuit, 18 July 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#84 joska89

joska89

Ciega Sordomuda

• Platinum®
  • 2,675 posts
  • Interests:Shakira and Akosh

• Hungary

• Quote:
    "Y un día después de la tormenta
    Cuando menos piensas sale el sol
    De tanto sumar pierdes la cuenta
    Porque uno y uno no siempre son dos
    Cuando menos piensas sale el sol"

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

Here, in Merida, there was great excitement about the concert. Mérida is not the most important city in México, not the bigger, or the one that receives more tourists, but it is the safest city in the country, and had never been a concert of this magnitude. The planning of the concert and its realization were always surrounded by controversy, but those are things that have no relevance, at least for me.

150 000 people, this is very amazing!:blackdreamer:I'm glad, you did have fun, and thanks for the review!:)

eqd15h.jpg

Shakira about her new album

"Shakira. Nothing more. A little bit of rock, a little bit of folk, a little reggae and naturally some dance--but as always, and above all, a lot of heart."

I love you so much Shaki! :skyking2:

My first concert
The Sun Comes Out World Tour - Budapest (2011. 05. 05.)

#85 ajathefairy

ajathefairy

LA HADA

• Platinum®
  • 2,022 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

Yes, we need pics of the crowd! I'm sure we'll get a great tour blog out of it.

Wolfy, can you please create threads for EACH of the Mexico dates? THANKS!

Posted Image

#86 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

LOLOLOLOL

#87 Carmy

Carmy

• Platinum®
  • 2,791 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image
OMG! SHE SAID THAT?

Ofcourse she did Feim ! :P

Come onnnnn

31-01-07 Antwerp
17-03-07 Arnhem
01-12-10 Rotterdam
05-12-10 Amneville
11-12-10 Cologne
12-12-10 Antwerp

15-05-11 Monchengladbach
03-06-11 Madrid
11-06-11 Frankfurt
13-06-11 Paris
14-06-11 Paris

#88 ddiuit

ddiuit

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• Mexico

• Quote:

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

OMG! SHE SAID THAT?

HAHAHAHA I know, the same in each city haha

#89 addy

addy

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

• Slovenia

• Quote:
    "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:59 AM

Wolfy, can you please create threads for EACH of the Mexico dates? THANKS!

here is a pic from Merida

Posted Image

source http://endlesscancun.blogspot.com

Edited by addy, 20 July 2011 - 04:01 AM.

I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it, because it is very true.

#90 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• ||Shakira's Bejeweled Fender||
  • 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:04 AM

I'm not sure if Xavi is traveling with them in Mexico, so I'm not so sure we'll get tour blogs for this leg

Facebook Twitter Instagram

April 29, 2011 Abu Dhabi, UAE
May 26, 2011 Beirut, Lebanon
:D

Upcoming:

June 9, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands

June 13-14, 2018 Paris, France

July 13, 2018 Cedars, Lebanon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users