218 replies to this topic

#1 Hamza

Hamza

Chasing Shadows

• 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Travel

• Morocco

• Quote:
    The good guys are in power and the bad guys are in jail.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

Shakira will finally have a tour stop in Lebanon, for the first time ever, on May 26, according to Shakira.com.

We're pleased to announce that Shakira will be performing in Beirut, Lebanon on May 26th, when she'll bring the Sun Comes Out World Tour to the Biel Outdoors Space. Tickets go on general sale on Tuesday, April 19th at 2pm local time, via the Tour section.

Great news! :)
Sep 30, 2009 / Paris, FR
Dec 06, 2010 / Paris, FR
Jun 13, 2011 / Paris, FR
Jun 14, 2011 / Paris, FR
Mar 26, 2014 / New York, NY
Jun 05, 2014 / Washington, DC
Jun 06, 2014 / Washington, DC

#2 sordomuda

sordomuda

I dream a lot but i'm not a very good sleeper

• Platinum®
  • 2,520 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, bellydancing, travelling

• Poland

• Quote:
    Dance Or Die!
    Dare To Dream

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

"viajé de Bahrein hasta Beirut" :NYANKS: finally!

http://www.shakira.org.pl

5166efb0-f829-0132-f14d-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Momentos inolvidables:

09.12.2010 Berlin

17.05.2011 Łódź

13.06.2011 Paryż

14.06.2011 Paryż

08.10.2011 Kijów

18.06.2012 Gdańsk

27.03.2013 Paryż

#3 Wolfy

Wolfy

Watch Out For The She Wolf In The Closet!

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "If it doesn't matter in five years, then it doesn't matter" ~ Cher, 2008

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hopefully Greece is next! Lebanon is near Greece, so it would make sense!

Challenge Me On Songpop: ballboxworker

#4 Johnny S-Maniac

Johnny S-Maniac

You make us believe 20.07.2006

• 763 posts

• Greece

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

Hopefully Greece is next! Lebanon is near Greece, so it would make sense!

Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed :o
Break a leg too :o Well you know...all these luck-bringing things :P :P
Lets hope Greece Portugal and Turkey will have a date soon!

Posted Image

The Oral Fixation Tour: Live In Athens (20/7/2006)
The Sun Come Out Tour: Live In Munich (3/12/2010)

#5 Suvad

Suvad

Enter ye therein in peace and serenity.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,696 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    “When it comes to men it's known that I end up choosing wrong.”
    - Shakira

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

Cool. She's one of few artists that officially now include the Middle East as part of her tours. Love her.
Fadi, you should buy a ticket for this one too! Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Milouche, 16 April 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#6 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

She'd better put her all into Ojos for this show! This side of her nationality is why she wrote the song in the first place, and I'm sure she'll have that in mind! Nevertheless, I'm sure it will remain cut in half. :(

#7 Mick

Mick

Give It Up To Me

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 14,652 posts
  • Interests:None.

• United States

• Quote:
    "Ya no se si he vivido diez mil dias o un dia diez mil veces."

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

Awesome news! This should be an amazing show...after 20 years of a career and 10 years of being an international superstar shes finally playing a concert in the homeland of her family and ancestors...she must be thrilled to have this opportunity and I hope she does a great job to further cement her status as an icon not only in the middle east buy internationally! This is just further proof that Shakira's career is doing amazingly well...this tour is turning out to be as big, perhaps even bigger than the Oral Fixation Tour!
"Si Pudiera Exocisarme De Tu Voz"

#8 Suvad

Suvad

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,696 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    - Shakira

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

She'd better put her all into Ojos for this show! This side of her nationality is why she wrote the song in the first place, and I'm sure she'll have that in mind! Nevertheless, I'm sure it will remain cut in half. :(

It's tragic what happened to Ojos Así. I have my hopes though that she'll give better than average performances in her mideastern leg.

Edited by Milouche, 16 April 2011 - 01:47 PM.

#9 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

It's tragic what happened to Ojos Así. I have my hopes though that she'll give better than average performances in her mideastern leg.

Well Egypt's OFT performance had good energy (she knocked the mic off the stand after the first Arabic chant, it's pretty funny), and Dubai had perhaps the best vocals in Ojos history. Abu Dhabi's New Year's concert was the last time Enta Omri's veil dance intro was used, and the first time she sang the bridge live in almost ten years (plus great vocals). So I have high expectations for the upcoming Abu Dhabi and Beirut performances. But then again, the song isn't very Middle Eastern anymore and is only 50% there, so really I hope it can still shine.

Edited by rpvee, 16 April 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#10 Suvad

Suvad

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,696 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    - Shakira

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

Well Egypt's OFT performance had good energy (she knocked the mic off the stand after the first Arabic chant, it's pretty funny), and Dubai had perhaps the best vocals in Ojos history. Abu Dhabi's New Year's concert was the last time Enta Omri's veil dance intro was used, and the first time she sang the bridge live in almost ten years (plus great vocals). So I have high expectations for the upcoming Abu Dhabi and Beirut performances. But then again, the song isn't very Middle Eastern anymore and is only 50% there, so really I hope it can still shine.

She sang the bridge live in Abu Dhabi? :o

#11 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

She sang the bridge live in Abu Dhabi? :o

Yup! At least, the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkIYOvx298w

I really wish this concert had been broadcasted. :(

I edited together audio of the entire song from there from various amateur videos, but it's hardly HQ.

Edited by rpvee, 16 April 2011 - 02:36 PM.

#12 Hichou

Hichou

Jaabouq

• Platinum®
  • 1,402 posts

• France

• Quote:
    "Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way on your own"

Angelina Jolie

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

That's a great news
I was happy for the two lebanese guys who are over here. sorry I can't remember the names.
But I guess it's a little bit too late for the guy who went to Abu Dhabi :D

#13 Suvad

Suvad

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,696 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    - Shakira

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

I edited together audio of the entire song from there from various amateur videos, but it's hardly HQ.

wow i loved that. Posted Image
and can i please have the song? i wish we had it in good quality but it's one of a kind now, i gotta have it!

#14 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

wow i loved that. Posted Image
and can i please have the song? i wish we had it in good quality but it's one of a kind now, i gotta have it!

Of course! Enjoy. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EKZECJM9

#15 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• ||Shakira's Bejeweled Fender||
  • 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

this is going to be EPIC :shak-i-sabel: :shak-i-sabel: :shak-i-sabel: :shak-i-sabel:

I've been jumping up and down all day
I'M GOING TO SEE SHAKIRA TWICE THIS TOUR OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG :blackdreamer:

ok so I don't know where to start I'm just so happy

I was at a stand up comedy show called EPIC :P sponsored by MixFM (the radio station sponsoring the concert) and they announced the event there too I was so excited I scream SHAKIRAAAAAAAAAAAA and later the stand up comedian called Nemer gave me an autograph and he wrote Shakiraaaaaa since I was jumping up and down with a huge smile on my face lol

anyway this is going to be Shakira's first time performing in Lebanon
I'd like to remind everyone that she wanted to bring her tour to Lebanon on both the Tour of the Mongoose and the Oral Fixation Tour. On the first occasion she couldn't due to the start of the war on Iraq and the OFT tour date of July 11 2007 was canceled after the assassination of a Lebanese parliament member.
So unless something goes wrong this time too it's going to be a great day for Shakira and for me of course

I'm still going to Abu Dhabi, mainly because I already bought my concert and roundtrip tickets but also because I'd kill myself if something went wrong and she had to cancel Beirut's concert. I just have to see her this tour, at least once. but twice is just AMAZING :D

ok I'll try to calm down now :D

Edited by Fadi, 16 April 2011 - 04:00 PM.

Facebook Twitter Instagram

April 29, 2011 Abu Dhabi, UAE
May 26, 2011 Beirut, Lebanon
:D

Upcoming:

June 9, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands

June 13-14, 2018 Paris, France

July 13, 2018 Cedars, Lebanon

#16 Johnny S-Maniac

Johnny S-Maniac

• 763 posts

• Greece

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

I think she made bad choices on the broadcast part...She should defenately have chosen Abu Dhabi instead of Dubai as the concert there was in its full capasity...The Dubai IMO was a little bit empty amd stable instead of AD where she managed to get the real and Magic feeling on both OA and Whenever...The intro singer's voice is orgasm(instead of RIR who was a little bit...well uncapable to sing Arab music)....And of course she should have totally chosen Cairo instead of Miami for the dvd...Cairo had also the magic and the crowd was 100.000(!)..Miami's crowd is a little bit theatricaly organised...Doesnt give you(at least to me) the feeling of a natural Shakira-Concert fan base crowd(Look L&OTR to understand this)....Anyway..Totally offtopic but OA from AD gave me chills :P

Posted Image

#17 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,601 posts

• United States

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkIYOvx298w

what exactly is the part in which she sings live only on this occasion? What is the bridge? I dont see anything different.

#18 Johnny S-Maniac

Johnny S-Maniac

• 763 posts

• Greece

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

On Topic now :P @Fadi You're soooooo damn lucky!!!Can you ask the radio station if they're gonna broadcast it live?
You knoe..it's the most special concert(along with Bogota) of the tour and has to be at least partly broadcasted!!

Posted Image

#19 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

I think she made bad choices on the broadcast part...She should defenately have chosen Abu Dhabi instead of Dubai as the concert there was in its full capasity...The Dubai IMO was a little bit empty amd stable instead of AD where she managed to get the real and Magic feeling on both OA and Whenever...The intro singer's voice is orgasm(instead of RIR who was a little bit...well uncapable to sing Arab music)....And of course she should have totally chosen Cairo instead of Miami for the dvd...Cairo had also the magic and the crowd was 100.000(!)..Miami's crowd is a little bit theatricaly organised...Doesnt give you(at least to me) the feeling of a natural Shakira-Concert fan base crowd(Look L&OTR to understand this)....Anyway..Totally offtopic but OA from AD gave me chills :P

Um... Dubai was in 2007, Abu Dhabi was on the verge of 2009... it wasn't a choice, it's simply that Dubai's OFT Tour was recorded, and the private New Year's concert wasn't.

what exactly is the part in which she sings live only on this occasion? What is the bridge? I dont see anything different.

1:21 to 1:29. She sang it live again at Rock in Rio Lisboa 2010.

On Topic now :P @Fadi You're soooooo damn lucky!!!Can you ask the radio station if they're gonna broadcast it live?
You knoe..it's the most special concert(along with Bogota) of the tour and has to be at least partly broadcasted!!

Yes ask that!!! Great idea, Johnny... btw, check your PMs dude. :P

Edited by rpvee, 16 April 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#20 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• ||Shakira's Bejeweled Fender||
  • 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

^ I will definitely get in touch with them soon and ask them that among other things :P

I think this could be the biggest concert in Lebanese history

but I really hope they broadcast it on tv or at least on the radio, everyone in Lebanon should see her perform!

and in case anyone is wondering, this is the location http://maps.google.c...027466&t=h&z=16 so they have a lot of space to work with and they can accommodate a huge turnout!

Edited by Fadi, 16 April 2011 - 04:34 PM.

Facebook Twitter Instagram

April 29, 2011 Abu Dhabi, UAE
May 26, 2011 Beirut, Lebanon
:D

Upcoming:

June 9, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands

June 13-14, 2018 Paris, France

July 13, 2018 Cedars, Lebanon

#21 Johnny S-Maniac

Johnny S-Maniac

• 763 posts

• Greece

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

^ I will definitely get in touch with them soon and ask them that among other things :P

I think this could be the biggest concert in Lebanese history

but I really hope they broadcast it on tv or at least on the radio, everyone in Lebanon should see her perform!

Just imagine..."Shakira: The Sun Comes Out Tour Live from Beirut" :o This would have been totally special!!

Posted Image

#22 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

I reallllly hope this is recorded. People have been wanting her to go there for so long that that very fact might help us. And now I really hope she restores Ojos Asi. :(

#23 Johnny S-Maniac

Johnny S-Maniac

• 763 posts

• Greece

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

^ Dont wanna rain on your parade but it is as unlikely to sing it full as to sing something like MITT :/
I so damn want to go back to Sahara Mix on WW and a new sexy arab dance :( But probably we'll have this version on the following 10 years and then she'll cut it :(

Posted Image

#24 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

^ Dont wanna rain on your parade but it is as unlikely to sing it full as to sing something like MITT :/
I so damn want to go back to Sahara Mix on WW and a new sexy arab dance :( But probably we'll have this version on the following 10 years and then she'll cut it :(

She only started cutting OA half way through the first European leg. Then kept it that way for the Pop Festival, but probably only because there wasn't time to prepare anything new for it (she was at Harvard only days before the first show). So who knows what will happen with this new leg? Sure, it's quite likely nothing will change, but one can hope OA is restored to its former, full glory (though that will only truly happen when this new version is gone and she makes the song actually Middle Eastern again).

#25 Johnny S-Maniac

Johnny S-Maniac

• 763 posts

• Greece

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

^ it would have been much more exiting if she made it full ME and removed every rock thing from it(IMO of course)

Posted Image

#26 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

^ it would have been much more exiting if she made it full ME and removed every rock thing from it(IMO of course)

Full ME? What's that mean?

And yeah, removing the rock things would help. It needs the oud and accordion back so badly.

#27 Johnny S-Maniac

Johnny S-Maniac

• 763 posts

• Greece

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

ME=Middle Eastern :P

Posted Image

#28 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

Ah. Yeah, that. :P

#29 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

that's awesome! I'm sure Lebanon's super excited :D

August 18, 2006. September 15, 2009. October 25, 2010. October 26, 2010.

#30 Wolf-Hunter

Wolf-Hunter

♪♫♪Near Perihelion♫♪♫

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,550 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "I'm Colombian and nothing will change that." - Shakira

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

This is great!!!!!! I'm sure everyone would love it! Just like Her Russian Fans her Lebanese fans have been waiting for YEARS!!! Let's hope they broadcast it! :shewolfpaw:

hsl2io.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users