231 replies to this topic

#31 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• ||Shakira's Bejeweled Fender||
  • 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

woohoooooooooooooooooooooo I just got my fan pit ticket :D
omg I'm so happy :P
this is just awesome :D

tickets are available since about half an hour on https://www.eticketi...k=tm_homeA_4_f1

Facebook Twitter Instagram

April 29, 2011 Abu Dhabi, UAE
May 26, 2011 Beirut, Lebanon
:D

Upcoming:

June 9, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands

June 13-14, 2018 Paris, France

July 13, 2018 Cedars, Lebanon

#32 Suli Boy Tell'em

Suli Boy Tell'em

Give It Up To Me

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 15,216 posts

• Solomon Islands

• Quote:
    This Is My "Quote".

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

:blackdreamer: :blackdreamer: :blackdreamer:

I'm going YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

:blackdreamer: :blackdreamer: :blackdreamer: :blackdreamer:

#33 Mr.GaGa

Mr.GaGa

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,023 posts

• Pakistan

• Quote:
    I hope Shakira visits my country someday !

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

Shakira come to Pakistan :)
Posted Image

#34 Suli Boy Tell'em

Suli Boy Tell'em

Give It Up To Me

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 15,216 posts

• Solomon Islands

• Quote:
    This Is My "Quote".

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

hmm weird..in the arena map it seems like there wont be a catwalk

fadi where are you planing on standing? i'm debating wheather to be in the end of the catwalk or in begining of it..I mean she perofemes a lot of the song on the main stage!

#35 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

well the arena is pretty basic, I think there will be a catwalk, Shakira won't sign the contract unless they give her what she wants, and if she wants a catwalk we'll have a catwalk :P
anyway if there's a catwalk I'll stand near the end of it to the right side :P dunno or maybe close to the stage where it meets the catwalk, I'll think about it :P

Upcoming:

#36 shakirahmed

shakirahmed

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• Canada

• Quote:
    i live for freedom, and freedom is a lie

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

Woohoo!!! Congrats people!! Next show after Dubai... India??!!!

Posted Image
Add me on Facebook: Ahmed Inamdar

#37 shakirahmed

shakirahmed

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• Canada

• Quote:
    i live for freedom, and freedom is a lie

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Incase I'm planning to fly down for the concert, how do I get the tourist visa in Abu Dhabi?

Posted Image
Add me on Facebook: Ahmed Inamdar

#38 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

you need to check the agreements between India and UAE
I know that as a Lebanese, I will receive my tourist visa when I arrive at the airport in UAE

Upcoming:

#39 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

OMGGGGG!!

I'M SOOO HAAAAAAAAAAPPY

I GOT MY FAN PIT TICKET !!!!!!!! :blackdreamer: :blackdreamer: :blackdreamer: :blackdreamer:
I will come back from the US only to attend the concert :blackdreamer: :blackdreamer:

should we do shakira fans gathering ?? :P

by the way if anyone needs any help or information please ask me, since abu dhabi the city where i am from. i know all about it :rolleyes:

OMG she is coming to my country for the 3rd time!! i'm really soooo happy

so guys, i guess you all got the fan pit tickets right? we need to be there before Amr diad starts so we can be on the first row
by the way, the stadium in whcih she will sing is absolutely amazing, i am sure that part of the DVD will must have scenes from this concert :)
Posted Image

#40 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Incase I'm planning to fly down for the concert, how do I get the tourist visa in Abu Dhabi?

You need to contact Aramex. it is the company that insures you a visa to the UAE for indians nationalities. OR you can go directly to the UAE embassy over there and get your visa done in 2 or 3 days
Posted Image

#41 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

well the arena is pretty basic, I think there will be a catwalk, Shakira won't sign the contract unless they give her what she wants, and if she wants a catwalk we'll have a catwalk :P
anyway if there's a catwalk I'll stand near the end of it to the right side :P dunno or maybe close to the stage where it meets the catwalk, I'll think about it :P

The arena is constructed for no changes, it is a stage that all singers just go up to and preform, it doesn't changes. so i dont really think there will be a catwalk, unless they will do one.

anyways from my past experience, standing infront of the stage is the best place, you dont want to miss shakira watching you dancing to waka waka!! :daveloveshaki:
i will be sanding in front of the stage.

fadi, did you get the eticket or did you ask flash to ship it to Lebanon ? i was wondering coz i choosed the eticket and it looks kinda scary :mariella2:
Posted Image

#42 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

The arena is constructed for no changes, it is a stage that all singers just go up to and preform, it doesn't changes. so i dont really think there will be a catwalk, unless they will do one.

anyways from my past experience, standing infront of the stage is the best place, you dont want to miss shakira watching you dancing to waka waka!! :daveloveshaki:
i will be sanding in front of the stage.

fadi, did you get the eticket or did you ask flash to ship it to Lebanon ? i was wondering coz i choosed the eticket and it looks kinda scary :mariella2:

eticket and I printed it. don't worry, it might not look as nice as the printed ticket by flash but it does the same job,
of course if there's no catwalk, the choice is obvious
but if there's a catwalk it's a bit more complicated, I'll think about it more

and about a fan reunion sure, we can meet and stand in line together prior to opening the gate, I plan on being the first in line, I'm not travelling from Lebanon to get a bad spot :P I want the best spot :P

Upcoming:

#43 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

eticket and I printed it. don't worry, it might not look as nice as the printed ticket by flash but it does the same job,
of course if there's no catwalk, the choice is obvious
but if there's a catwalk it's a bit more complicated, I'll think about it more

and about a fan reunion sure, we can meet and stand in line together prior to opening the gate, I plan on being the first in line, I'm not travelling from Lebanon to get a bad spot :P I want the best spot :P

Yeah we did it last time. All of us gathered and stood first in-line. it was really fun because shakira had the chance to recognize where the big fans are standing and also we had so much fun singning together during and before the concert =) we can do it this time again! i bet its going to be FUN! we are three now from shakiramedia. i'm sure there will be another fan coming from saudia arabia but he must have not yet know that she is coming lol!

as long as we are together, dont worry about being in the front row! if you want to stay by the cat walk, that wouldnt be difficult!! but if you want to be in the front row you will have to run very fast to catch up. because there will be many other people running too. last time i took all the bags of the other fans and i run very fast and i made a place for all of us lol. we were seven fans from shakiramedia, and actually there were two of them who traveled from coloumbia!! ok so dont worry to be in the front row as long as you are a good runner. still i can run very fast to make place for us :P

3 weeks left :daveloveshaki:

oh btw, what will you be wearing? i really recommend that you hold a lebanon flag during the concert. i might write few things on my face and neack. like loca loca and auuu :P oh and also some posters

Edited by abdullah, 06 April 2011 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Suli Boy Tell'em

Suli Boy Tell'em

Give It Up To Me

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 15,216 posts

• Solomon Islands

• Quote:
    This Is My "Quote".

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

omg I hate running

hey Abdullah I'm Sulieman from the new years eve concert...cant wait to meet you again! do you know if noura will attend too?

#45 loonyfly

loonyfly

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Quote:
    "In the entire history of the universe nobody has ever built a monument to a critic."

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

You and your Ojos Asi thing is what I love the most about this board lately... in fact at the concert, when she played Ojos Asi, I thought "ha, rpvee!" :shakifanatica54:

I understand his obsession with that song...it is iconic and somewhat mystical. I'm not into mysticism myself, in fact I'm a scientist doing research in genetics at the University of Chicago, but when I see Shakira performing this song on stage, I can well believe that a supernatural force takes over her body. It almost feels as if she is invoking the godess Isis herself to come and dance on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z9w8s2l8NM

Edited by loonyfly, 06 April 2011 - 06:14 PM.

I just wonder if you shouldn't feel less concern about the deep unreal

#46 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

omg I hate running

hey Abdullah I'm Sulieman from the new years eve concert...cant wait to meet you again! do you know if noura will attend too?

Hey sulieman!! i was sure that you are going to come :hypocrite: this time we gonna rock it again :lick:

I think nora has moved to the US. i remember she said she wont be able to come again to UAE

21 days left :waka:
Posted Image

#47 Wolfy

Wolfy

Watch Out For The She Wolf In The Closet!

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "If it doesn't matter in five years, then it doesn't matter" ~ Cher, 2008

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

That place is pretty big:

Posted Image

Challenge Me On Songpop: ballboxworker

#48 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

I understand his obsession with that song...it is iconic and somewhat mystical. I'm not into mysticism myself, in fact I'm a scientist doing research in genetics at the University of Chicago, but when I see Shakira performing this song on stage, I can well believe that a supernatural force takes over her body. It almost feels as if she is invoking the godess Isis herself to come and dance on stage.

"Obsession" is such a strong word... :P

Yes, it is magical. Isis, though? I don't see Shaki sprouting wings. :P

#49 Suvad

Suvad

Enter ye therein in peace and serenity.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,697 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    “When it comes to men it's known that I end up choosing wrong.”
    - Shakira

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Isis? No, more like a beautiful Andalusian princess.

Edited by Milouche, 06 April 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#50 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

Yeah we did it last time. All of us gathered and stood first in-line. it was really fun because shakira had the chance to recognize where the big fans are standing and also we had so much fun singning together during and before the concert =) we can do it this time again! i bet its going to be FUN! we are three now from shakiramedia. i'm sure there will be another fan coming from saudia arabia but he must have not yet know that she is coming lol!

as long as we are together, dont worry about being in the front row! if you want to stay by the cat walk, that wouldnt be difficult!! but if you want to be in the front row you will have to run very fast to catch up. because there will be many other people running too. last time i took all the bags of the other fans and i run very fast and i made a place for all of us lol. we were seven fans from shakiramedia, and actually there were two of them who traveled from coloumbia!! ok so dont worry to be in the front row as long as you are a good runner. still i can run very fast to make place for us :P

3 weeks left :daveloveshaki:

oh btw, what will you be wearing? i really recommend that you hold a lebanon flag during the concert. i might write few things on my face and neack. like loca loca and auuu :P oh and also some posters

hehe I am a very good runner, especially when I have a target I want to reach :P
I am already thinking about what to wear and bring with me, a lebanese flag or shirt is definitely one of them

omg I hate running

yeah like Abdullah said Nora's back in the US for her studies now. I'm sure she would have loved to attend.

That place is pretty big:

http://www.dubaicity...Images_1342.jpg

oh thanks for sharing! the arena looks very nice, and I think they could easily install the catwalk

Abdullah, do you know how I can go back from Abu Dhabi to Dubai after the concert? maybe by bus or something, because if I can't go back to Dubai after the concert, I need to find/book a place to stay in in Abu Dhabi

Edited by Fadi, 06 April 2011 - 11:13 PM.

Upcoming:

#51 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:01 AM

Fadi, it is difficult to go back to Dubai using buses after the concert. before the concert, yes there are buses however i wouldnt recommend you to take a bus, take a taxi. Yas island is not that far, it might cost you 200AED which is around $60. if you want to go by a bus, you will have to get to the bus station, and it is VERY crowded there. you will need to wait at least 1 hour and a half in line. you better book a hotel in abu dhabi since it is going to be very difficult to go back to duabi after the concert if you dont have a car. but it is not a problem to come from dubai to abu dhabi, you can come in either way, but as i told you, come by a taxi, way better

Edited by abdullah, 07 April 2011 - 04:04 AM.

Posted Image

#52 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

oh finaly they moved it to the tour section
Posted Image

#53 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

ok thanks for the advice Abdullah
btw the date has yet to be added on www.shakira.com/tour

Upcoming:

#54 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

ok thanks for the advice Abdullah
btw the date has yet to be added on www.shakira.com/tour

yeah i think because they are not sure of where to put it. latin america or europe

if there will be a radio contest for winning to dance waka waka on stage. it must be radio 1. you can listen to it online http://radiotime.com...dio_1_1041.aspx
Posted Image

#55 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

You think that Channel 4 thing will record this like they did Dubai? They gave us the best Ojos Asi performance ever last tour. :D

#56 Boriqueno Prince

Boriqueno Prince

Pepsi

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,132 posts

• United States

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

You think that Channel 4 thing will record this like they did Dubai? They gave us the best Ojos Asi performance ever last tour. :D

Mexico's HQ recordings weren't enough for you? :shakifanatica54:
WE FOUND LOVE IN A HOPELESS PLACE

#57 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

No i really dont think they are going to show the concert on TV :mariella3:
i really wish that we get some videos since the stadium is WONDERFUL! the concert is going to be at the Ferrari world stadium, i have been there for many times, you get inspired by the stadium artitcture more than the concert lol

here to just to give you an idea of how it looks like, even thoug this video is old, but you get to see the main stadium, she is going to sing over that red big thing

Edited by abdullah, 07 April 2011 - 07:22 PM.

Posted Image

#58 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Mexico's HQ recordings weren't enough for you? :shakifanatica54:

Enough? I know no such word. :P

No i really dont think they are going to show the concert on TV :mariella3:
i really wish that we get some videos since the stadium is WONDERFUL! the concert is going to be at the Ferrari world stadium, i have been there for many times, you get inspired by the stadium artitcture more than the concert lol

here to just to give you an idea of how it looks like, even thoug this video is old, but you get to see the main stadium, she is going to sing over that red big thing

Wow, what an elegant design! :o

Why don't you think it'd be broadcast? Dubai's OFT was, and New Year's Abu Dhabi wasn't only because it was a private event.

#59 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

Enough? I know no such word. :P

Wow, what an elegant design! :o

Why don't you think it'd be broadcast? Dubai's OFT was, and New Year's Abu Dhabi wasn't only because it was a private event.

Because part of Dubai's concert was sponsored by MBC4. thats why they showed it on TV. When it is in Abu Dhabi, there are another companies who to sponsor the concert.

Yeah the stadium is very good. it looks really better when you see it in real, the stage is so so so big and the place is going to be very crowded. she is going to sing under that red big thing, by the corner. also the views that you can see from the venue is absolutely incredible. Because the ferrari world is in a very small island, this island was opened just 1 year ago. the island was designed to hold the final Formula 1 race. but now it is used for many things to. beyonce, kings of leon, 30 seconds to mars, aerosmith, kayne west, tiesto, creamsfield, nelly furtando, and many others played concerts there since less than a year only!! actully they are having this thin now that is called ''weekends shows'' where every weekend they bring a singer for a concert, for the 29 April its shakira's and amr diab weekend, the next one for snoop dog...
Posted Image

#60 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:37 AM

Abdullah, have you seen any commercials or advertisements of the concert? I haven't yet, maybe they think it will sell out without the need to publicize :P

and I had to go on google earth to understand how the Yas Arena is actually between the southern U made by the Ferrari world mega-structure :P in case someone else is interested http://i56.tinypic.com/sl76m1.jpg

Upcoming:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users