#1 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

Today flash who sponsered shakira concert in Abu Dhabi before has announced a new concert by Shakira in Abu Dhabi on April 29 =D

The concert will feature Amr Dieab who remake the song good stuff. i think they will defiantly sing the song

I am not sure if this is a part of the sun comes out tour.

http://www.facebook.com/ThinkFlash
Posted Image

#2 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

http://www.thenation...iab-to-play-yas

I think this is not part of the sun comes out tour since they didnt mention that anywhere
Posted Image

#3 Boriqueno Prince

Boriqueno Prince

Pepsi

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,132 posts

• United States

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

Has this been confirmed?
WE FOUND LOVE IN A HOPELESS PLACE

#4 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• ||Shakira's Bejeweled Fender||
  • 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

Ragheb Alama was the one that did the remix of Good stuff. I don't think she has anything to do with Amr Diab
I wanna go to this one, it's only in 3 weeks! I hope I manage to go, I can't miss out on seeing her anymore :D

Facebook Twitter Instagram

April 29, 2011 Abu Dhabi, UAE
May 26, 2011 Beirut, Lebanon
:D

Upcoming:

June 9, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands

June 13-14, 2018 Paris, France

July 13, 2018 Cedars, Lebanon

#5 dominik86

dominik86

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,196 posts

• Slovenia

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

amr DIab did a killer remix of Ojos Asi

344tez8.jpg

2irvgp3.jpg2lue4iu.jpg

#6 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

I'm really considering traveling to UAE for this one, unless I get a concert announcement for Lebanon in the next few days
Amr Diab isn't really poppular in Egypt at the moment due to him supporting Ex President Mubarak and I don't understand why they'd put the two together, unless he opens the show for her or Shakira's concert isn't the full show.. I need more info

Upcoming:

#7 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

amr DIab did a killer remix of Ojos Asi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIrfr834buo

Actually, he didn't. :P

Around the time of OA there were rumors Shaki and Amr were gonna collaborate. When OA came out everyone thus assumed that the Arabic voices were Amr. Since then, there have been various attempts to associate Amr with Ojos, from putting "Shakira ft. Amr Diab" on Youtube uploads to dubbing him the creator of that remix, which is actually the "Thunder Mix".

#8 Chocolat & Co.

Chocolat & Co.

Vueltiao

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,811 posts

• France

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

@Fadi i'll probably miss her if she ever adds a date in lebanon, cause it will most likely be before the paris shows rumored to be the last , and i cant be in lebanon before july
if i remember correctly , u wanted a dated there anytime except july, right ? :D well at least it might work for u ! ! (i cant complain :P i already saw her in paris & antwerp & i most likely will see her again in paris :P):hypocrite: i hope the UAE thingy works for u ... but do u think she's kinda risking , i mean with all those conflicts and stuff? im not really into these things as u know lol but well .. she cancelled many hypothetical shows in leb due to situations :( and now she'll go to the desert land regardless of all the fire ? !! she must be blinded by pique's good stuff lol just kidding :)

#9 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

@Fadi i'll probably miss her if she ever adds a date in lebanon, cause it will most likely be before the paris shows rumored to be the last , and i cant be in lebanon before july
if i remember correctly , u wanted a dated there anytime except july, right ? :D well at least it might work for u ! ! (i cant complain :P i already saw her in paris & antwerp & i most likely will see her again in paris :P):hypocrite: i hope the UAE thingy works for u ... but do u think she's kinda risking , i mean with all those conflicts and stuff? im not really into these things as u know lol but well .. she cancelled many hypothetical shows in leb due to situations :( and now she'll go to the desert land regardless of all the fire ? !! she must be blinded by pique's good stuff lol just kidding :)

UAE is not a desert land!!

Amr diab will probably only open the concert, they do it here in abu dhabi with all other concerts. they choose an arabic singer for an opening, then the rest will be the other singer. I might not attend the concert because i am not in abu dhabi at the moment.

but fadi seriously if you are ready to travel you must go to Abu Dhabi. she will sing at Yas Island at Ferrari world!!! that stadium is absolutely amazing!! plus, it is very easy to meet her in Abu Dhabi ;)
Posted Image

#10 Suvad

Suvad

Enter ye therein in peace and serenity.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,697 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    “When it comes to men it's known that I end up choosing wrong.”
    - Shakira

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

^ Didn't Nawal open for her New Year concert back in 2009?

==

Anyways, ugh I thought it would be sometime in July or at least in June! I can't attend if it's in April!
I really really wanted to go.. :\

#11 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Actually, he didn't. :P

Around the time of OA there were rumors Shaki and Amr were gonna collaborate. When OA came out everyone thus assumed that the Arabic voices were Amr. Since then, there have been various attempts to associate Amr with Ojos, from putting "Shakira ft. Amr Diab" on Youtube uploads to dubbing him the creator of that remix, which is actually the "Thunder Mix".

You and your Ojos Asi thing is what I love the most about this board lately... in fact at the concert, when she played Ojos Asi, I thought "ha, rpvee!" :shakifanatica54:
Posted Image

Keep Abortion Legal... for the sake of music.

#12 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

You and your Ojos Asi thing is what I love the most about this board lately... in fact at the concert, when she played Ojos Asi, I thought "ha, rpvee!" :shakifanatica54:

Awwww thanks. :shak-i-sabel: :shakifanatica54:

#13 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

I think this is a privet concert, not part of the tour. she might also come again or to Dubai for the tour.
But as from what i am seeing, this is a privet concert
Posted Image

#14 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

this is you Jad? :P what's up with the new nickname? :P
well no, she's not risking anything, economically the UAE might be going through some hard times but in terms of security no everything's good there, I really hope they announce a date for Lebanon but I guess if that doesn't happen this week, I'll go UAE, I have my passport ready, I only need a ticket and I have relatives there for accommodation. Lets hope for the best, good luck in your exams!

UAE is not a desert land!!

Amr diab will probably only open the concert, they do it here in abu dhabi with all other concerts. they choose an arabic singer for an opening, then the rest will be the other singer. I might not attend the concert because i am not in abu dhabi at the moment.

but fadi seriously if you are ready to travel you must go to Abu Dhabi. she will sing at Yas Island at Ferrari world!!! that stadium is absolutely amazing!! plus, it is very easy to meet her in Abu Dhabi ;)

I'm just hoping it's not super expensive but I think I'll go, and are you serious that it's easy to meet her there? You mean meeting her while coming out of the hotel or talking to people to give you access?
The coming days will tell. I'll post ticket and other details when I find them out

Upcoming:

#15 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

That would make sense. Go to Abu Dhabi for a private concert, then have an actual concert in Dubai too.

August 18, 2006. September 15, 2009. October 25, 2010. October 26, 2010.

#16 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

this is you Jad? :P what's up with the new nickname? :P
well no, she's not risking anything, economically the UAE might be going through some hard times but in terms of security no everything's good there, I really hope they announce a date for Lebanon but I guess if that doesn't happen this week, I'll go UAE, I have my passport ready, I only need a ticket and I have relatives there for accommodation. Lets hope for the best, good luck in your exams!

I'm just hoping it's not super expensive but I think I'll go, and are you serious that it's easy to meet her there? You mean meeting her while coming out of the hotel or talking to people to give you access?
The coming days will tell. I'll post ticket and other details when I find them out

The tickets will be announced this week on www.timeoutdubai.com For the first row ticket price, its going to be probably 1000AED which is around 350 US dollars. and yes i meant at the hotel, last time i met her in Abu Dhabi at the hotel, i just saw her walking around with her band with not even one security guard. i can find for you where she will be staying this time. but my guess for now is that she will be either staying at the emirates palace hotel, or the Yas island hotel.

i am trying to return back to Abu Dhabi before the concert, hope i will T.T
Posted Image

#17 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

Wait so is it a private concert or not if you're buying tickets?

Hopefully a visit to the UAE means India during the same time..

#18 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:00 AM

Wait so is it a private concert or not if you're buying tickets?

Hopefully a visit to the UAE means India during the same time..

I think he didn't mean private concert, maybe he meant a concert on the side of the tour, as in maybe without the catwalk or other things that defined this tour but I think they would give the full show there.
Thanks for the info Abdullah, keep in touch

Upcoming:

#19 shakirahmed

shakirahmed

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• Canada

• Quote:
    i live for freedom, and freedom is a lie

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:12 AM

OMG! Great news. I just hope she visits India soon.

Posted Image
Add me on Facebook: Ahmed Inamdar

#20 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the clarification Fadi :)

And I feel like it would be silly for her to not go to India; she's hugely popular there, more so than in the UAE.

#21 Boriqueno Prince

Boriqueno Prince

Pepsi

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,132 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

I really hope this is legit!!!! In fact, I hope she adds more dates!

#22 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

I really hope this is legit!!!! In fact, I hope she adds more dates!

http://www.shakira.c...-abu-dhabi-show

#23 Boriqueno Prince

Boriqueno Prince

Pepsi

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,132 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

http://www.shakira.c...-abu-dhabi-show

NICE!!! Thanks!

#24 abdullah

abdullah

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 527 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

omg this is amazing!! really amazing!! T.T
everything is happening so fast, she is really coming to my country to my city T.T!
Posted Image

#25 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

I just realized that with this addition, the tour now spans 5 continents. If only she would add an Australian date and make it 6..

Edited by cufnc, 05 April 2011 - 11:36 AM.

#26 Boriqueno Prince

Boriqueno Prince

Pepsi

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,132 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

I just realized that with this addition, the tour now spans 5 continents. If only she would add an Australian date and make it 6..

Isn't it true they banned her music in Australia? Because she doesn't bother promoting her music there? A fan once told me that.

#27 cufnc

cufnc

Mohit

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,682 posts

• United States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

Lol I just realized you've only been on the forum for a short period of time. The Australian fans have calmed down a bit recently, but a few months ago, all we seemed to talk about was Australia.

Short version of the story:

She isn't banned there, she's just not popular there anymore. Shakira never toured there, even when LS was popular, and hasn't promoted anything there since. As a result, the audience there has lost interest in her, a byproduct of which has been a perception of her as a slutty blonde "singer" with nothing to offer. Some say it's too late to remedy this situation, but others insist that if she showed some attention to the country, she could win them back.

#28 tomas

tomas

Shakrates.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

^^ And it was made worse by the fact that in interviews during the LS she said she would be back there with the tour.

#29 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

this is just awesome :D :P
ok it's not as great as seeing her in Beirut, but I'm done waiting!
so I selected my plane tickets to UAE, my dad will buy them soon
and he's going to buy a concert ticket for me first thing tomorrow, btw fan pit = general admission as in standing and first come, first serve right?
I'm so happy today, got this warm feeling in my heart and I can't wipe the smile off my face ^^ finally.

Upcoming:

#30 Suvad

Suvad

Enter ye therein in peace and serenity.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,697 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    “When it comes to men it's known that I end up choosing wrong.”
    - Shakira

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

I envy you guys! Have fun! Posted Image
I really hope she'll be back in Dubai later this summer. I wanna see her there.

Thanks for the clarification Fadi :)

And I feel like it would be silly for her to not go to India; she's hugely popular there, more so than in the UAE.

Nah. She has a bigger fanbase in the Middle East and it's more than likely that the UAE will be her permament stop there whenever she visits, hence fans coming from all over the region.

Edited by Milouche, 05 April 2011 - 02:24 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users