137 replies to this topic

#61 Good Stuff

Good Stuff

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,784 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    If you're ashamed to stand by your colours then you had better seek another flag.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

Around 100 fans here already! I've just spoke to Shoshanna Stone!

#62 Olivia

Olivia

Love in the Time of Cholera

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,591 posts
  • Interests:Love.

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    "you are crafty"- John Mayer to me! yes me!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

what did u say to her?

Theshield_zps6bc8b5b6.jpg

#63 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

can you upload pictures?
Posted Image

Keep Abortion Legal... for the sake of music.

#64 Olivia

Olivia

Love in the Time of Cholera

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,591 posts
  • Interests:Love.

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    "you are crafty"- John Mayer to me! yes me!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

shakira arrives on stage in 10 mins so then we should start hearing about the setlist. i curious if it will change slightly because of delays with the new album.

Theshield_zps6bc8b5b6.jpg

#65 Fadi

Fadi

Fadi

• ||Shakira's Bejeweled Fender||
  • 2,623 posts

• Lebanon

• Quote:
    "Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

http://twitpic.com/3fxz9l
???

Edited by Fadi, 14 December 2010 - 01:05 PM.

Facebook Twitter Instagram

April 29, 2011 Abu Dhabi, UAE
May 26, 2011 Beirut, Lebanon
:D

Upcoming:

June 9, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands

June 13-14, 2018 Paris, France

July 13, 2018 Cedars, Lebanon

#66 disneyreporter

disneyreporter

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,352 posts
  • Interests:Disney and Shakira

• United States

• Quote:
    "We can be the architects of change." -- Shakira at the CGI event

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Maybe she'll throw in Islands for the UK since she performed it at Glastonbury?

Shakiramedia Awards 2010
-Strangest Screenname (Third Time!)

Shakiramedia Awards 2008
-Most Boring Member (Again)
-Strangest Screenname (Again)
-Most Underrated

Shakiramedia Awards 2007
-Most Boring Member
-Strangest Screenname

#67 Lo Imprescindible

Lo Imprescindible

Cold Hard Bitch

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,128 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    I'll make you squeal baby

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

http://twitpic.com/3fxz9l
???

:( I think that might be the band's "name". I could see Brendan and the gang using that name to refer to themselves.

tumblr_lvx6uxBE461qb61ido2_r1_400.gif

Shakira slayage is upon us!

#68 Waka-Rojas!

Waka-Rojas!

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Mis intereses, VIVIRRRRRRR ESE ES MI UNICO INTERES..

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Colombia 200 Años de vallenatos, 200 Años de pasion, Sera que 200 años de "libertad"?

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

Maybe she'll throw in Islands for the UK since she performed it at Glastonbury?

Or Did it again? :(

Posted Image
It's Just a Fantasy...

#69 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

Im happy with one song changing : D
Posted Image

#70 Waka-Rojas!

Waka-Rojas!

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,408 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Colombia 200 Años de vallenatos, 200 Años de pasion, Sera que 200 años de "libertad"?

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
It's Just a Fantasy...

#71 Waka-Rojas!

Waka-Rojas!

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,408 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
It's Just a Fantasy...

#72 blubbygirl

blubbygirl

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Football, Mountain Walking, outdoor activities, painting, creating, travelling....

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    Andare adelante del Senor en la tierra de los vivientes!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

I hope you guys are having fun in manchester!! Please let us know what the setlist is/was, thanks!

#73 Jairo

Jairo

• 16,682 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Who are we? What we run? THE WORLD!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

Can't wait for the videos. This venue is AMAZING! *_____*
Twitter @JairoSoto
Instagram: jairosoto

"Antes de las Seis" es agarrar un momento, una emoción intensa y hacer de eso un cuadro. Son momentos que vienen y van. Muchas veces inspirado en mi experiencia otras veces es poniéndome en la piel de alguien que está cerca mío."
Shakira

#74 Wolf-Hunter

Wolf-Hunter

♪♫♪Near Perihelion♫♪♫

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,550 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "I'm Colombian and nothing will change that." - Shakira

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

After nearly a decade of devotion, finally my dream will come true tonight!!!!!

:daveloveshaki: :shewolfpaw: :shewolfpaw: :shewolfpaw: GREAT I hope you had a great time!

hsl2io.jpg

#75 Jairo

Jairo

• 16,682 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

How was the behind the show whatever on shakira.com?
Twitter @JairoSoto

"Antes de las Seis" es agarrar un momento, una emoción intensa y hacer de eso un cuadro. Son momentos que vienen y van. Muchas veces inspirado en mi experiencia otras veces es poniéndome en la piel de alguien que está cerca mío."
Shakira

#76 Contigo

Contigo

Donde Estan Los Ladrones?

• Platinum®
  • 1,996 posts

• Japan

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

Thanks so much Javier and David!! Shakira was amazing!! It was an unforgettable night! It was very surreal to actually see her. She was a bit smaller than I imagined! Even though I knew she was slender! She was flawless for the whole show, and the time went pretty fast. The arena was pretty full, the only spare seats I could see were right up the back of the back and on the corners behind the stage..there must have been at least 18,000 people there!

I really couldn't believe she was actually there the whole time!! I managed to get close enough to her during her introduction walk of Pienso En Ti and I touched her hand for about 3 seconds!!! haha..I know it's not much when there are many people here who have had kisses, photos and what not from her, but it's enough for me...for now!

She is just so perfect in every way, i'm sure it was impossible for anyone there to not have enjoyed themselves!

The setlist was the same, (no Islands) just that she skipped Si Te Vas which was a bit disappointing but understandable for the audience. I was surprised at how many people knew Loca! (unfortunately no appearance from Dizzee Rascal), Waka Waka was spectacular, as were Antes de las Seis and Nothing Else Matters/Despedida especially. Full version of Ojos Asi!

I didn't take very many photos (because she never stays still haha) but I took over an hour of video footage! Not sure what the audio quality is like with it though.

All in all, it was a dream come true to actually see her, touch her, and be entertained at the highest standard by her, for around an hour and a half!! Thank you Shaki!!!! ...Miss her already!!

Edited by Contigo, 14 December 2010 - 05:10 PM.

spiritedaway2.jpg?t=1309338643

#77 Jairo

Jairo

• 16,682 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

Thanks so much Javier and David!! Shakira was amazing!! It was an unforgettable night! It was very surreal to actually see her. She was a bit smaller than I imagined! Even though I knew she was slender! She was flawless for the whole show, and the time went pretty fast. The arena was pretty full, the only spare seats I could see were right up the back of the back and on the corners behind the stage..there must have been at least 18,000 people there!

I really couldn't believe she was actually there the whole time!! I managed to get close enough to her during her introduction walk of Pienso En Ti and I touched her hand for about 3 seconds!!! haha..I know it's not much when there are many people here who have had kisses, photos and what not from her, but it's enough for me...for now!

She is just so perfect in every way, i'm sure it was impossible for anyone there to not have enjoyed themselves!

The setlist was the same, (no Islands) just that she skipped Si Te Vas which was a bit disappointing but understandable for the audience. I was surprised at how many people knew Loca! (unfortunately no appearance from Dizzee Rascal), Waka Waka was spectacular, as were Antes de las Seis and Nothing Else Matters/Despedida especially. Full version of Ojos Asi!

I didn't take very many photos (because she never stays still haha) but I took over an hour of video footage! Not sure what the audio quality is like with it though.

All in all, it was a dream come true to actually see her, touch her, and be entertained at the highest standard by her, for around an hour and a half!! Thank you Shaki!!!! ...Miss her already!!

*DIES*

:D

Que bien ben! :D
Twitter @JairoSoto

Shakira

#78 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,037 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

Full version of Ojos Asi!

Ok, something was REALLY up with this show then. ADLS, full OA... maybe they were filming things for the DVD? Very odd, but in a good way! :D

#79 Wolfy

Wolfy

Watch Out For The She Wolf In The Closet!

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "If it doesn't matter in five years, then it doesn't matter" ~ Cher, 2008

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

The arena was pretty full, the only spare seats I could see were right up the back of the back and on the corners behind the stage..there must have been at least 18,000 people there!

This venue worried me due to its size, glad she was able to either sell it out or to get very close to selling it out :D

Challenge Me On Songpop: ballboxworker

#80 Melt Away

Melt Away

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

^ Is it me or do NONE of the mods seem to replyto PMs?

Posted Image

THE UNFORTUNATE HAIRCUT+TRAGIC LOSS OF MAKEUP

TAKE A MOMENT AND DROP BY AND VOTE IN THESE THREADS. Takes literally 30 seconds for each one!!
Vote for your favorite ballads here!
Vote for your favorite looks here!
Vote for your favorite tour performances here!

#81 Lo Imprescindible

Lo Imprescindible

Cold Hard Bitch

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 7,128 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    I'll make you squeal baby

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Ben! I know how you feel about time going by fast. Alas you got to see her live and touch her! :dead:

tumblr_lvx6uxBE461qb61ido2_r1_400.gif

Shakira slayage is upon us!

#82 sordomuda

sordomuda

I dream a lot but i'm not a very good sleeper

• Platinum®
  • 2,520 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, bellydancing, travelling

• Poland

• Quote:
    Dance Or Die!
    Dare To Dream

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:23 AM

I'm happy you enjoyed the concert! it was my first time too. it would be nice if you could share with us your recording when you get home :)

http://www.shakira.org.pl

5166efb0-f829-0132-f14d-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Momentos inolvidables:

09.12.2010 Berlin

17.05.2011 Łódź

13.06.2011 Paryż

14.06.2011 Paryż

08.10.2011 Kijów

18.06.2012 Gdańsk

27.03.2013 Paryż

#83 Good Stuff

Good Stuff

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,784 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:
    If you're ashamed to stand by your colours then you had better seek another flag.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

I had an amazing time! I queued for a little bit with some lovely girls from the Shakira Holics forum until the early access entrance was open. When I got there I saw Shoshanna Stone and spoke to her and asked her about the early access but she didn't know anything about it. It was so lovely to meet her. She looks so lovely!

I came back in about half an hours time and a lovely lady who worked for Live Nation took me in to the building. She took me to the merchandise stall as I had a voucher to use for 15 pounds. The tour shirt was 20 pound and she was so kind and put the 5 pounds towards it! That was so nice of her!

I was the only person who bought an early access for standing. The lady had a walky talky thing with her and she had to talk down it to ask when I could go in. They were just finishing off the sound check. I then heard on the walky talky somone saying 'the package has arrived'. The lady I was with then said 'she's here'. I could then hear different things like 'we need ice back here'.

We then entered the arena and I was the first one in for about 10 mins. The people who were going to dance Waka Waka then had seated so I was still on my own. The lady from Live Nation advised me to stand at the bottom right of the stage as it had the best view. I was going to stand at the end of the catwalk but I decided I would stand right at the front so I did. I saw the rope getting lined up for when Shakira would walk through the crowd. All the general standing got in along with the seated. The wait wasn't too long. I had someone with a big video camera in front of me for parts of it but I still had a clear view.

At many times during the Spanish songs Shakira was singing right at me and I was pointing at her. I'm not fluent Spanish but I know most of the words to the Spanish songs so it was fine! Albert looked at me as he was dancing as well. It took a little while for some of the girls to get up on stage for the dance interlude. At the end Brendan Buckley was waving his drumsticks at the crown and I started shaking my hand and caught one!!

I got a tweet not too long after from Shoshanna Stone to say that it was lovely to meet me and that she told Shakira about my trip!!

I took one photo of the stage as I wanted to enjoy the show and enjoy I did! She was amazing!! A fan for 8 years this month and first time seeing her live!

#84 Chocolat & Co.

Chocolat & Co.

Vueltiao

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,811 posts

• France

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

^so glad to hear you had a great experience John :) !!! it will be something you will never forget :blackdreamer:
did you ask Shoshanna about Loca/Sale el Sol release for UK?

#85 Jairo

Jairo

• 16,682 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:34 AM

Twitter @JairoSoto

Shakira

#86 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:56 AM

At the end Brendan Buckley was waving his drumsticks at the crown and I started shaking my hand and caught one!!

That's the best sourvenir you can take from a gig!

I took one photo of the stage as I wanted to enjoy the show and enjoy I did! She was amazing!! A fan for 8 years this month and first time seeing her live!

I'm so glad u enjoyed it so much John, thanks for not taking photos! Shak's skin is a bit healthier thanks to flash less fans :daveloveshaki:
Posted Image

#87 Good Stuff

Good Stuff

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,784 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

Oh and about the Frankfurt concert; the lady from Live Nation said they're currently trying to get it scheduled for summer.

#88 Good Stuff

Good Stuff

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,784 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:18 AM

^so glad to hear you had a great experience John :) !!! it will be something you will never forget :)
did you ask Shoshanna about Loca/Sale el Sol release for UK?

Thank you! It was just so perfect!
I didn't think about asking her to be honest. I was too excited for getting in early. She was so lovely though!

That's the best sourvenir you can take from a gig!

I'm so glad u enjoyed it so much John, thanks for not taking photos! Shak's skin is a bit healthier thanks to flash less fans :cufnc:

I had to wave my hands as Brendan approached the stage before he threw them. I thought I wouldn't catch them but I did!

I didn't take photos just incase I dropped my phone and like others have said, you enjoy the concert more without taking photos. I'm sure there will be plenty online.

#89 Good Stuff

Good Stuff

Laundry Service

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,784 posts

• United Kingdom

• Quote:

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

Sorry, double post!

Edited by JohnM, 15 December 2010 - 07:29 AM.

#90 Newenkelen

Newenkelen

Naturalmente...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,801 posts
  • Quote:
    Be careful amigo!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Sorry, double post!

One post from you, one from the drumstick :freddy1:
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users