Shaky

Stay true to your heart

• Platinum®
  • 1,590 posts

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Life is a song, sing it!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

At moment in madrid and yesterday we asked the crew builders what happend. The stage collapsed. It was dangerous and they could NOT fix it. Shakira has two stages so the shows will be fine. Shakira did not made the decision to cancel, that has been done by the stadion in almeria. And that shakira has not been almeria is not strange, she only arrives 40 or 20 minutes prior concert. and she must have known on time and didnt fly.

And for resceduling it not only shakira her time also if the venue is available in her tour time.

Rotterdam 22-05-2003
Arnhem 17-03-2007
Cologne 08-05-2007
Rotterdam 01-12-2010
Amneville 05-12-2010
Cologne 11-12-2010
Antwerpen 12-12-2010

Madrid 03-06-2011
Frankfurt 11-06-2011
Paris 13-06-2011
Paris 14-06-2011
Werchter 09-07-2011 canceled

#32 Boriqueno Prince

Boriqueno Prince

Pepsi

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 4,132 posts

• United States

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

Edited by Boriqueno Prince, 03 June 2011 - 10:47 AM.

WE FOUND LOVE IN A HOPELESS PLACE

#33 tomas

tomas

Shakrates.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

http://www.lapatilla...sta-embarazada/

Article says she cancelled the concert because she was feeling nauseated because she's pregnant!

Other rumours say it's due to the tickets not selling very well, which might be the reason. The concert isn't going to be rescheduled, which would makes sense if it wasn't selling. If it was just damaged to the stage then they could reschedule it.

Anyway, she's pregnant... Posted Image

Edited by tomas, 03 June 2011 - 11:24 AM.

#34 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,035 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

:shakifanatica54:

#35 onemoretime

onemoretime

onemoretime

• Platinum®
  • 1,342 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    People Fear What They Don't Know

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Article says she cancelled the concert because she was feeling nauseated because she's pregnant!

Tomas: You never pass up a chance to spread rumors! :blackdreamer: Well Done! (It must be very time consuming for you to find these tidbits...what dedication!)

I hope its true though!!!:daveloveshaki:

Edited by onemoretime, 03 June 2011 - 09:37 PM.

#36 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Music, languages, books

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

At moment in madrid and yesterday we asked the crew builders what happend. The stage collapsed. It was dangerous and they could NOT fix it. Shakira has two stages so the shows will be fine. Shakira did not made the decision to cancel, that has been done by the stadion in almeria. And that shakira has not been almeria is not strange, she only arrives 40 or 20 minutes prior concert. and she must have known on time and didnt fly.

And for resceduling it not only shakira her time also if the venue is available in her tour time.

The band was already in Almerķa, I saw Una in the stadium.
And they said the big screen fell and that anything that hanged from the roof could fall, so it was indeed very dangerous not only for shakira but also for the rest of the people there.

Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahí aunque te maten los celos!

#37 Carmy

Carmy

It's just no victory march.

• Platinum®
  • 2,791 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:36 AM

I talked to a truckdriver in Madrid and asked him what happened and he told me the screen collapsed so the screen was broken, and so was a bit of the stage. The crane couldnt take the weight of it all so it had to be cancelled due to savety reasons. The same company who is building up the stages now did it also for the rolling stoneds 2 years ago and the guy told us he lost 2 of his collegues and friends because of the same reasons what happened in almeria. They died in Madrid, in the same stadium.

Anyway, they HAD to cancel it, i'd rather have a show cancelled (even tho i didn't attend this one) than having an oppurtunity of Shakira or one of the bandmember being hurt, or even worse.

31-01-07 Antwerp
17-03-07 Arnhem
01-12-10 Rotterdam
05-12-10 Amneville
11-12-10 Cologne
12-12-10 Antwerp

15-05-11 Monchengladbach
03-06-11 Madrid
11-06-11 Frankfurt
13-06-11 Paris
14-06-11 Paris
27-03-13 Meeting Shakira in Paris at Sephora's!

29-03-14 London, the Voice

#38 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,407 posts

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

I talked to a truckdriver in Madrid and asked him what happened and he told me the screen collapsed so the screen was broken, and so was a bit of the stage. The crane couldnt take the weight of it all so it had to be cancelled due to savety reasons. The same company who is building up the stages now did it also for the rolling stoneds 2 years ago and the guy told us he lost 2 of his collegues and friends because of the same reasons what happened in almeria. They died in Madrid, in the same stadium.

Anyway, they HAD to cancel it, i'd rather have a show cancelled (even tho i didn't attend this one) than having an oppurtunity of Shakira or one of the bandmember being hurt, or even worse.

Yeah, exactly. People were mad because Shakira didn't talk about this problem as much as they wanted.
I also know that the fans who were supposed to dance waka waka with her were taken to Madrid, and some to Bilbao, so at least they did get their chance :P

#39 Carmy

Carmy

It's just no victory march.

• Platinum®
  • 2,791 posts

• Netherlands

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:41 AM

Yeah, so the waka waka dancers got their part (I see now why there were that many in madrid hahaha :P ) And yes, some girls missed out there change to dance on stage in Almeria, too bad, (prechosen anyway). The only really stupid part i don't get is the fact they won't rescedule the concert. It's something you really CAN'T do.

31-01-07 Antwerp
17-03-07 Arnhem
01-12-10 Rotterdam
05-12-10 Amneville
11-12-10 Cologne
12-12-10 Antwerp

15-05-11 Monchengladbach
03-06-11 Madrid
11-06-11 Frankfurt
13-06-11 Paris
14-06-11 Paris
27-03-13 Meeting Shakira in Paris at Sephora's!

29-03-14 London, the Voice

#40 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,407 posts

• Spain

• Quote:

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

I don't like that idea either, if they rescheduled it they would shut a lot of mouths that criticize shakira... But well, there weren't a lot of people attending, someone said around 8000, so they probably think it's not a big loss.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users