La Tortura was dragged way more than this song lol
"Si Pudiera Exocisarme De Tu Voz"

#332 piwqiz

piwqiz

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Lana Del Rey, Beyonce, Lady Gaga.

• United States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

lol what about exactly? like what caused it to be dragged? i think the song is perfect... i wish i was here for that

#333 Hichou

Hichou

Jaabouq

• Platinum®
  • 1,401 posts

• France

• Quote:
    "Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way on your own"

Angelina Jolie

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

What was dragged (if I remember correctly) was that Shaketon remix LQ ripped from a radio. Which, let's be honest, was a mess.

#334 Red Hot Moon

Red Hot Moon

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Politics, History, Soccer, Music, Travelling

• Germany

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

lol what about exactly? like what caused it to be dragged? i think the song is perfect... i wish i was here for that

Basic, generic, cheap, eww Reaguetton, too sexual, vulgar, she's so much better than this, we want 90's Shakira back ;).

#335 piwqiz

piwqiz

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 511 posts

• United States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:36 AM

i heard me enamoré on the radio in LA today while driving, it was shortened though which made the song feel a lot less repetitive.

Even though I LOVE the song, I think the song would be so much better if for the first chorus she cut the second half off which is the "y baile..." part

then on the second time the chorus came she added it for a variation. i hope i'm explaining this decently.

pretty much she should've only sung the first half of the chorus the first time, then the second time she sings the chorus she adds the second half.

Edited by piwqiz, 16 April 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#336 lukedio

lukedio

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Making dreams come true!

• United States

• Quote:
    call me the gridyboy!

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:43 AM

Does anyone mind sharing with me what you mean by "dragged"?

#337 Virgo

Virgo

VIP

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Life, Party, Reading, Movies (foreign especially), tea, Singing, TV, snowboarding

• United States

• Quote:
    Quak Quak Quak

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

Does anyone mind sharing with me what you mean by "dragged"?

Imagine if a song like "Me enamore" and "La tortura" had the physical form of a full biological woman with beautiful long hair and perhaps $1,000 worth of extensions.  Then imagine an evil hand full of calyces trying to reach for this beautiful biological woman's hair...Many people would say "how dare such ugly hands lay dare touch such beauty," but this hand knows no shame, and there's no one who can stop its evil-doings.   

So the hand grabs poor "Me enamore" by her hair and yanks it with all its might.  "Me enamore" loses her balance falling on to the ground, yelling "Ay, ay, that hurts," but the hand doesnt care, and it DRAGS her all throughout the mud she fell on.  

Thats what we mean by being dragged.  It's when people criticize and dislike something, they keep saying/finding things to dislike about it. lol.

Oiiii today is monday... meh!!!! =3

#338 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,817 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

La tortura itself wasnt dragged, it was, as said above, the Shaketon version because thats the first thing we've heard of LT back then and everyone was baffeled about it.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#339 DiaDeEnero

DiaDeEnero

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• Puerto Rico

• Quote:
    No quiero romper el lazo que me ata a ti

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

Deja vu is doing better than me enamoré right now. Idk i just hope the video helps the song. Its only #12 on latin itunes.

#340 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,214 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Por ti seré gaviota de tu bella mar

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:03 AM

No, I don't know about English-speaking places, but in the Spanish-speaking market La Tortura itself was criticized for exactly what Ret Hot Moon said, "basic, generic, cheap, eww Reaguetton, too sexual, vulgar, she's so much better than this, we want 90's Shakira back." It was obviously a hit, but a lot of Latin Americans weren't pleased at first

#341 RLW

RLW

Panasonic Commercial

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 10,187 posts
  • Interests:Science and Mathematics

• United States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

No, I don't know about English-speaking places, but in the Spanish-speaking market La Tortura itself was criticized for exactly what Ret Hot Moon said, "basic, generic, cheap, eww Reaguetton, too sexual, vulgar, she's so much better than this, we want 90's Shakira back." It was obviously a hit, but a lot of Latin Americans weren't pleased at first

Yes but her Latin peers were really excited.

#342 Medias Veladas

Medias Veladas

VIP

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

• United States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

I hadn't logged into twitter in a while and I did today and the fans seem to think Shakira's career is over? What happened? I know this song is not doing so well, but is it doing that bad? I personally still love the song and enjoy it when it comes on the radio. She should try to promote though, but I don't see that happening.

During Easter all my family (my aunts, cousins, even my parents) were talking about her tour and making plans to go to it. I thought it was funny that my aunts knew about it from El gordo y la flaca interview, and my 20 year old cousins from social media posts, but they were all excited to see her perform so I hope she atleast puts some effort to the tour.

#343 alejandritostevens

alejandritostevens

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:
    I´ll be there and you´ll be near

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

I hadn't logged into twitter in a while and I did today and the fans seem to think Shakira's career is over? What happened? I know this song is not doing so well, but is it doing that bad? I personally still love the song and enjoy it when it comes on the radio. She should try to promote though, but I don't see that happening.

During Easter all my family (my aunts, cousins, even my parents) were talking about her tour and making plans to go to it. I thought it was funny that my aunts knew about it from El gordo y la flaca interview, and my 20 year old cousins from social media posts, but they were all excited to see her perform so I hope she atleast puts some effort to the tour.

That's just the Shaki stans creating a storm out of a glass of water lol. The song is not an instant smash but serms to be quite stable, and it stil has the music video to "save it" if it was needed!

Edited by alejandritostevens, 17 April 2017 - 09:41 AM.

#344 Red Hot Moon

Red Hot Moon

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Politics, History, Soccer, Music, Travelling

• Germany

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:52 AM

Luis Fonsi is releasing a remix of Despacito feat. Justin Bieber. Certain people now complain about that Shakira should have taken this route with Chantaje etc. I think it's ridiculous. Shakira is still THE Latin artist. Fonsi can have his moment. I still love this song and hope they drop the video soon.

Edited by Red Hot Moon, 17 April 2017 - 09:53 AM.

#345 Medias Veladas

Medias Veladas

VIP

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

• United States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:59 AM

^^ I just saw the despacito remix/ chantaje complaints. I'm gathering they wanted a Drake remix for chantaje. I do agree she should have done more with chantaje and la bike but oh well. I have listened to despacito once and thought it was trash so I don't get the success of it, but I'm not a reggeton person. Good for daddy yankee and luis fonsi though.

#346 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• Finland

• Quote:
    Oyendo el sonido de tu respirar...

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

I think Despacito is catchy, but still can't understand how they got Justin singing it?
How much they had to pay? 😅 Or is Justin reaching for the young latin public, which seems to love Maluma now...

Now that i heared that new version of Despacito, i would have prefered Chantaje english version with Justin (not Drake!) 😂 if not Maluma singing in english.
I'm eager to hear, if Maluma's upcoming milk bath single with Shakira will have a translation? He wanted to translate Chantaje, but maybe now there's possibility since it's for his album.

Edited by diditagain, 17 April 2017 - 10:21 AM.

xxNE3JZ.png
¿Is it true that you love me?                ~                  I dare you to kiss me...

#347 Elif

Elif

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,850 posts
  • Quote:
    it's a suicide waiting another day

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Maybe LT wasn't an instant huge hit with peers but I would say compared to what's going on now it's a masterpiece... And she was collaborating with the staple male artist of music in Spanish, not 20 year old boys trying to use her name to get into the business... 

Plus the song was followed by a solid album full of great songs. No way in hell I would ever expect that the new album is going to live up to Fijacion Oral standards, or even any standards for that matter.

Edited by Elif, 17 April 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#348 Lorelei

Lorelei

Dia De Enero

• 7,410 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

Idk this song feels like too much information for me, lol. I am expecting a sexual song to complete the Pique tribute on the album :P

Posted Image

http://loreleitales.wordpress.com/

The dream comes true : Η.Ι.Μ Live in Athens September 15th,2007

The dream goes on :H.I.M Live in Athens August 1st, 2014

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#349 alejandritostevens

alejandritostevens

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:
    I´ll be there and you´ll be near

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

I think Despacito is catchy, but still can't understand how they got Justin singing it?
How much they had to pay? 😅 Or is Justin reaching for the young latin public, which seems to love Maluma now...

Now that i heared that new version of Despacito, i would have prefered Chantaje english version with Justin (not Drake!) 😂 if not Maluma singing in english.
I'm eager to hear, if Maluma's upcoming milk bath single with Shakira will have a translation? He wanted to translate Chantaje, but maybe now there's possibility since it's for his album.

The song Maluma's releasing this Friday is called "Felices Los 4" and apparently it has no features in it. So we probably won't hear the "milk bath song" until a few months from now!

#350 piwqiz

piwqiz

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 511 posts

• United States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

my spanish teacher played me enamore in class today while trying to find songs with subjunctive/subjunctivo verbs or whatever its called and she's a much older lady and she loved it, she was shocked when i could sing the whole thing considering me being one of, if not, the worst spanish speakers in the class.

Another thing... she wants shakira spanish songs that uses a lot of the "subjunctive" and to be very appropriate for a high school environment for us to learn, any ideas??

she wants a fun upbeat song and i was thinking suerte but the "boob" line would be too much so if you know any fun ones i'd love to know

Edited by piwqiz, 17 April 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#351 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,214 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Spanish songs that aren't conceived as bilingual from the beginning and then have an English feature are a mess. Despacito ft. Bieber is terrible, the song was already great without it. And Bieber is such a douche that I don't want him anywhere near Shakira, Maluma already has that covered and is at least hot. I'm glad Chantaje didn't get an unnecessary English version.

Another thing... she wants shakira spanish songs that uses a lot of the "subjunctive" and to be very appropriate for a high school environment for us to learn, any ideas??

she wants a fun upbeat song and i was thinking suerte but the "boob" line would be too much so if you know any fun ones i'd love to know

Not upbeat, but "Que me quedes tú" has a lot of present subjunctive and it's school-appropiate. "Que vuelvas" has two sentences in the chorus and it's upbeat, but it doesn't have as many examples as QMQT.

#352 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Music, languages, books

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

my spanish teacher played me enamore in class today while trying to find songs with subjunctive/subjunctivo verbs or whatever its called and she's a much older lady and she loved it, she was shocked when i could sing the whole thing considering me being one of, if not, the worst spanish speakers in the class.

Maybe Que vuelvas? Although it's only in the chorus. No creo also has a few subjunctive verbs here and there.

Suerte is a good one though, maybe she won't consider the boob line such a big deal.

Edit: I was late :P QMQT is a great option!

Edited by AnaWhenever, 17 April 2017 - 01:32 PM.

Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahí aunque te maten los celos!

#353 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,214 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

Talking about Me Enamoré, I was browsing Spanish-language news today and realized that Shakira's cover art caused quite the stir... lol, I'm dying at the thinkpieces written about it. Leave it to the queen to get people talking about the most mundane stuff!

http://elpais.com/el...635_057591.html - this one is particularly hilarious.

http://www.quien.com...ertado-polemica

http://www.vanguardi...illo-de-shakira

I personally love how Shakira doesn't seem to worry about public opinion whenever the Piquetón is concerned.

#354 mohammadRJ

mohammadRJ

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

• Iran

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

#MeEnamoré
#11 HOT Latin Songs
#12 Latin Airplay
#2 Latin Digital Songs
#11 Latin Pop Songs
#DejaVu #1 Tropical Songs
Chantaje #3 Hot Latin Songs

#355 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,214 posts

• United States

• Quote:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Wow, it had a great second week. It was the biggest airplay gainer (jumped 30 places), debutted at 11 in the Hot Latin Song chart, debutted at 2 in the Latin Song Sales chart, and jumped 29 places in the Latin Pop chart to make it to 11.

If it keeps growing and gets no. 10 in the Hot Latin Song chart, she'll be the only woman in the top 10 and the only artist with three songs on it.

#356 Greatness

Greatness

This is what is known as a Super Saiyan that has ascended ...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,097 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Video Games, Movies, Sports, TV Shows

• United States

• Quote:
    "Right back at ya," cause I'll survive...

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

Lets' hope the music video has the same push that it did for Chantaje.

Was La Tortura an immediate hit?

#357 Vuelve88

Vuelve88

Uyyyyyy corn!

• 12,344 posts
  • Interests:I'm currently a Senior at Vanderbilt University, studying Political Science and Communication Studies. I'm hoping to become a lawyer in the future.

• United States

• Quote:
    Though my views may be wrong
    They may even be perverted
    She'll hear me out
    And won't easily be converted
    To my way of thinking
    In fact she'll often disagree
    But at the end of it all
    She will understand me

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

Lets' hope the music video has the same push that it did for Chantaje.

Was La Tortura an immediate hit?

Yes. It had a talented and acclaimed director and it was also heavily promoted. Shakira performed it first in Germany. She also performed it on MTV's ATRL show and the VMAs. I think she also did radio visits.

She definitely didn't hide at home.

"Such a sad day in music and entertainment history. And just the other day I was saying how much I wished I was one of her twins."
- disneyreporter

"The only new Dell coming out are in the format of a computer." - JMO

#358 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,010 posts

• Colombia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

Yes. It had a talented and acclaimed director and it was also heavily promoted. Shakira performed it first in Germany. She also performed it on MTV's ATRL show and the VMAs. I think she also did radio visits.

She definitely didn't hide at home.

Girl La Tortura was first performed in Turkey!
But yeah it was for a German tv show

But that's also a different time, and in music years with technology and everything it feels like forever.

All we gotta do is stream the song, and watch the video whenever it comes out.

Shakira won't leave Barcelona until the album is packed, sealed and on the streets.

You should know her by now.

She will eventually travel either to promote the album or the tour, but even that could be done from home.

#359 alxmrqz

alxmrqz

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

• Colombia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

She's definitely the only woman having success at Latin billboard charts.

#360 Ponsho

Ponsho

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:
    Agítese antes de leer!

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

What if we all act like if this never happened? Of course including Shakira herself! Next single, por favor.

giphy.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shakira, single, me enamore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users