• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#91 Virgo

Virgo

VIP

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Life, Party, Reading, Movies (foreign especially), tea, Singing, TV, snowboarding

• United States

• Quote:
    Quak Quak Quak

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

Sorry guys, I waited long time to say this. 

I think I have been waiting for this song since (if my memory is right), Sean Paul talked for the first time about this song back in the summer of 2016. So having to wait a bit over a year and a half to get this. What a surprise!!! ... Well really? Is this really a surprise??. I am disappointed ... yes Shakira does not even know of my existence and I am disappointed but not surprised. 

For the last year I have tried to avoid writing anything negative on this forum. However, this is like a never ending bad trip she is providing to a unknown destination (or pretty well known if we dare to accept and see all the hints she leaves). 

After Shewolf she went from being a creative artist to a full-time mother/part time lazy artist with some moments of illumination. I could say I was expecting way more from her all this years. After all, she is one of the most talented artist I knew when I was kid or a teenage. However, the little thing I didn’t want to accept is that she is no longer the Shakira I knew. She evolved into a mother and involved as an artist. 

When she came up with her last album I decided not to see how lazy she could be. She has fame, money and talent, so why she choses to under deliver? Why she choses to give her 40 %? When she can give more than any other artist?. Half of her album are collaborations and honestly none of the songs she has in this last album are at her level. There are some good songs of course but she stopped experimenting and creating new sounds and she started being a popstar with no identity. But the worst thing about this, it is not the bad quality of her latest music or the never-ending bad decisions makes. The worst thing is that she doesn’t care anymore. She does not care about her fans, she does not care about music, and she does not care about anything but her piqueton and her kids. And that is fine, after all being a mother is a fulltime job. I guess I don’t have to remind you that we love shakira because we truly believe she has the talent, the potential, the money, the fame, the contacts and the power to become one of the greatest artist in the world. Yet she prefers to have a song with el Cata or deliver something like perro fiel (that by the way we all know she wrote probably 0.5% of those 2 songs). I get the fact that she is a mother and she has priorities but she needs to be professional and act like one. I mean any other mother with 2 kids in her 40’s who also works (lets say a project manager) is not going to under deliver just because she has money and she uses the job as a hobby. Especially if it is a hobby, she needs to be creative and experiment with sounds and lyrics. However, all I see now is a shakira who is no longer creative and no longer professional nor does she care to be. 

All this!!!!

I couldt have said better.

Pretty much the breakdown that I had when she released El Dorado.

Life is interesting.

I've been feeling this way for a while too, it's truly sad :(

This is the general feeling of most fans lately.

Let's pray the tour will be somewhat decent and gets us excited.

This post is all of us... 

At least we have each other.  :giveup:

Oiiii today is monday... meh!!!! =3

#92 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,797 posts

• Greece

• Quote:
    "i got my first record deal with Sony music which back then was CBS"

"Shakira has never been much of a lyricist." - Allison Stewart

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

I think all of her problems have one common denominator: INSECURITY.

Like my psychologist once told me, "deep despair and insecurity lead to entitlement and wanting to "cheat" a little"

She is an insecure person, who doesn't acknowledge reality, because she has invented it, and this has been both terribly good for her and terribly sad.

She invented a reality where she is the person in charge and no one is above her. The results came through and so did the millions. Her life has nothing to do with that of an average human being.
It would take someone like Madonna or Freddy Mercury to fully understand her, people who came from nowhere to be acclaimed later on by the masses.

But as massive as the success is, so is the feeling of despair and insecurity because sooner or later no matter how big of a queen you are you realise that problems are problems and no money or feeling of grandiosity will prevent them.

I have been her fan for many years now and through her lyrics you can easily understand that her level of intelligence is high but so is her neurosis and lack of self-control. " To be your queen to be your maid"

Remaining blonde for 2 decades, not visiting her home country at all, and more importantly devoting herself to men blindly and consumingly, are just signs that she doesn't acknowledge reality but creates it.
Sadly for her the black roots in the hair keep coming back and the uncertainty of a partnership is always present, again no matter how big of a queen you are.

Her insecurity was her biggest ally when writing songs and as contradictory as everything seems to be with her, her worst enemy too. Today we have a business woman who does not care about heartfelt songs because she no longer feels the need for connection with that world and what it represents ( fans )

Yet she is totally capable of sending cute little videos disguising herself as someone who truly cares about connection.

Again in her cute fantasy insecure world.

Why did i scream lol

Anyway i think she's kind of the opposite. I think she overestimates situations and her control tendecies don't let her see beyond that. I think she's way too stubborn to acknowlegde mistakes hence why she's pressed about her english career after self titled and refuses to let professionals edit her ashy videos or give her any creative input whatsoever. Jaume is still here because he bends to her will  :lo:

On a positive note, if Pique becomes a politician he might be driven out of the country since this will make people loathe him even more and she may be freed by the shackles of Barcelona finally :khaelo: Fingers crossed :P

vY4WI3i.jpg

Edited by Lorelei, 07 February 2018 - 08:40 AM.

2di0ia8.jpg

franzfergidon on Shakira being late for her concert during TSCO Tour: 

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#93 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 2,151 posts

• Colombia

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:32 AM

Why did i scream lol

Anyway i think she's kind of the opposite. I think she overestimates situations and her control tendecies don't let her see beyond that. I think she's way too stubborn to acknowlegde mistakes hence why she's pressed about her english career after self titled and refuses to let professionals edit her ashy videos or give her any creative input whatsoever. Jaume is still here because he bends to her will  :lo:

On a positive note, if Pique becomes a politician he might be driven out of the country since this will make people loathe him even more and she may be freed by the shackles of Barcelona finally :khaelo: Fingers crossed :P
vY4WI3i.jpg

control tendencies equals insecurity

there's no "opposite" on what' been said here you just love contracting others for the sake of it.

A boyfriend who wants to take a glimpse into his partners' text messages is a control freak,once he is told such message means nothing, he goes ahead and thinks this person has another phone.

Control freaks love being certain about things because of their INSECURITY

see? we were talking about the same damn thing

#94 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,884 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

Just heard Mad Love ft Becky G, its alright, but not screaming hit, also the lyrics are extremely cheesy and would be a bit stereotypical for Shakira to sing, Becky G also sounds a bit like Shaki as well, id still like to hear her version tho.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#95 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,797 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

"The new album is about clubers of our time.It's not about the clubs that exist, but the club that is in me"

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

This sounds like a 2009 kat de luna reject

2di0ia8.jpg

It's like HAI GUYZ I NO I KEPT U WAITIN BUT LOOK LOL, HEREZ MAI BOIFREND ISN'T HE SO KYUTE U JEAL? YEA I NO, LEMME SING ALL MAI SONGZ BOUT HIM NAO O N SRRY IF U MISS DA TRAIN HOME, DATZ NOT MY PROB, LOL. 

#96 Jesus

Jesus

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

• Spain

• Quote:
    No soy la clase de idiota que se deja convencer, pero digo la verdad y hasta un ciego lo puede ver

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

I don't like at all. Sounds generic. But it's going to be a hit...

k6fCN8h.png

#97 disneyreporter

disneyreporter

Objection

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,352 posts
  • Interests:Disney and Shakira

• United States

• Quote:
    "We can be the architects of change." -- Shakira at the CGI event

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

Just listened to the song.  After one listen, I wasn't left feeling like I wanted to listen to it over and over again; however, I do think it's a grower.  I can see this climbing the charts over a multi-month period.  Will it be a moderate-sized hit?  Probably.  Is it unfortunate Shak turned down another potential hit?  Yes; however, this isn't a song that would have done anything to help her artistry.  As Becky G proved, anybody could fill in and sing the female part; the song does not showcase strong vocals.  Even with Shak's vocals, I don't know if people would have recognized who it was singing.

Shakiramedia Awards 2010
-Strangest Screenname (Third Time!)

Shakiramedia Awards 2008
-Most Boring Member (Again)
-Strangest Screenname (Again)
-Most Underrated

Shakiramedia Awards 2007
-Most Boring Member
-Strangest Screenname

#98 Suvad

Suvad

Enter ye therein in peace and serenity.

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,697 posts

• Saudi Arabia

• Quote:
    “When it comes to men it's known that I end up choosing wrong.”
    - Shakira

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

lol it's such a shame shak keeps getting thrown these nasty ass borderline offensive demos.

and it's double the shame because sean paul's had some pretty decent collabs lately but she's never offered these songs and tbh it's her fault for thinking she could export a "rockera" culture back when to begin with. it's assimilate or be pigeonholed, chica. and it doesn't help when you occasionally embrace being pigeonholed for them bucks.

tumblr_o41ykkVol81uiziyxo1_400.gif

#99 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,604 posts

• United States

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

she says yes to local b and c listers but says no to international longtime acts known for making hits....for years. 

what exactly is her logic? this song isnt anything insane but it's definitely good and better than comme moi or dejavu. 

shes so lame tbh. so lazy, and has literally been riding these past couple years on her name alone. shame on you shakira. 

#100 Infinity.

Infinity.

Jade Above

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,013 posts

• Canada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

They should make a TV special where long time fans can discuss with Shakira her latest career decisions.

The amount of tea that would spilledT.

"Rated M for Mature"

Beyoncesipstea.gif

WEBSITE / SOUNDCLOUD / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM

DISCOVER MY FIRST EP, VISIONS00. PM ME FOR A FREE COPY. 

#101 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,604 posts

• United States

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

They should make a TV special where long time fans can discuss with Shakira her latest career decisions.

The amount of tea that would spilledT.

"Rated M for Mature"

Beyoncesipstea.gif

Shes getting Grammys and breaking streaming records straight from her Barcelona estate. She doesnt care about a thing in the world tbh.

Beyoncé herself could literally ask her for another duet and if she doesnt like it she would say, B, I love you but like Im not gonna give you permission to release this song with me in it, go ask Gaga, anyways, I have to go pick up my kids, c Ya.

But wait. If Paulina Rubio asks for a duet, expect a cheesy and lame ig video about how shes collaborating with her, expect Jaime to film the video, and surely expect a garbage single with that B lister.

#102 sordomuda

sordomuda

I dream a lot but i'm not a very good sleeper

• Platinum®
  • 2,520 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, bellydancing, travelling

• Poland

• Quote:
    Dance Or Die!
    Dare To Dream

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:25 AM

Shes getting Grammys and breaking streaming records straight from her Barcelona estate. She doesnt care about a thing in the world tbh.

Beyoncé herself could literally ask her for another duet and if she doesnt like it she would say, B, I love you but like Im not gonna give you permission to release this song with me in it, go ask Gaga, anyways, I have to go pick up my kids, c Ya.

But wait. If Paulina Rubio asks for a duet, expect a cheesy and lame ig video about how shes collaborating with her, expect Jaime to film the video, and surely expect a garbage single with that B lister.

Unfortunately this is true

http://www.shakira.org.pl

5166efb0-f829-0132-f14d-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Momentos inolvidables:

09.12.2010 Berlin

17.05.2011 Łódź

13.06.2011 Paryż

14.06.2011 Paryż

08.10.2011 Kijów

18.06.2012 Gdańsk

27.03.2013 Paryż

#103 Nick Nifty

Nick Nifty

Boss

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,291 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    I am a meat Popsicle

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:39 AM

I'm here for the garbage single with Paul and I want a Nice Un Sola Palabra level cheesy video

What's wrong with that?
November 30 2002, September 13 2006, September 28 2010, September 21 2012, January 5 2018, August 14 2018

#104 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

• Finland

• Quote:
    Oyendo el sonido de tu respirar...

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

Btw, where is Paulina nowadays?
She seems to be lost.
Eventhough latin music is now more popular than ever.

xxNE3JZ.png
¿Is it true that you love me?                ~                  I dare you to kiss me...

#105 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,604 posts

• United States

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

I'm here for the garbage single with Paul and I want a Nice Un Sola Palabra level cheesy video

What's wrong with that?

On second thought, Paulina has actually released Latin pop BOPS, I cant deny that. She truly does have iconic gems. Her Border Girl album, her crossover attempt is actually really really good.

I guess I shouldve used Belinda as an example.

And no one checks for Paulina cause no one checks for anything that IS NOT reggaeton. The Latin music industry is trash now tbh. It sucks cause there is truly so much talent and culture that could be shining. Faccckkk. I get so annoyed. Fu*ck reggaeton.

Edited by JMO, 14 February 2018 - 03:15 PM.

#106 wonderman44

wonderman44

VIP

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Y aqui abajo unos cuantos nos manejan como fichos de ajedrez. No soy la clase de idiota que se deja convencer y yo digo la verdad y hasta un ciego lo puede ver....

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

Ni una sola palabra was my shit! 😂😂

#107 Infinity.

Infinity.

Jade Above

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,013 posts

• Canada

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:49 AM

IMO, there's a strong possibility that the song will smash....

My point is if the mediocrity that was Echame La Culpa smashed, Mad Love will do even better.

Edited by Infinity., 16 February 2018 - 06:02 AM.

#108 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,797 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:24 AM

IMO, there's a strong possibility that the song will smash....

My point is if the mediocrity that was Echame La Culpa smashed, Mad Love will do even better.

Omg, this song is so irritating  :hang: Demi's pitched vocals are a mess and it's frequently on the radio. :witch:

2di0ia8.jpg

#109 shaki.fixation

shaki.fixation

King of the world

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

• Mexico

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

she says yes to local b and c listers but says no to international longtime acts known for making hits....for years. 

what exactly is her logic? this song isnt anything insane but it's definitely good and better than comme moi or dejavu. 

shes so lame tbh. so lazy, and has literally been riding these past couple years on her name alone. shame on you shakira. 

This.

This woman and her choices.
Posted Image

#110 AnthoBlack

AnthoBlack

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Shakira... what else?

• France

• Quote:
    Porque mi amor por ti es total y es para siempre...

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

Mad Love is absolutely awful, glad she turned down the song

Tú eres la luz que me guía
Tú eres la voz que me calma
Tú eres la lluvia de mi alma
Y eres toda mi verdad...

3243724362_1_5_epiD7PtP.gif

#111 Jesus

Jesus

Old Skool Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

• Spain

• Quote:
    No soy la clase de idiota que se deja convencer, pero digo la verdad y hasta un ciego lo puede ver

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

It doesn't depend on the fame or importance of the artist but the quality of the song. Miguel Bose is a local (a legend in Spain but idk his impact in South America) and we got Si tu no vuelves. Sean Paul is smashing, but this song is a piece of shit, so I didn't care she refused to collaborate on it.

Loca or Comme moi, which are also with locals, are way better than this.

Edited by Jesus, 16 February 2018 - 03:15 PM.

k6fCN8h.png

#112 Buls

Buls

Mr. Bad Guy

• Platinum®
  • 1,265 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    Por ti seré gaviota de tu bella mar

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

Miguel Bosé is not local, he's a staple of adult contemporary music in Latin America (and managed to rebrand himself for the "youths" with Papito) and has some name recognition in Italy.

But yeah, this song is very generic so nothing of value was lost.

#113 Infinity.

Infinity.

Jade Above

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,013 posts

• Canada

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Omg, this song is so irritating  :hang: Demi's pitched vocals are a mess and it's frequently on the radio. :witch:

I know some of my friends love it, and every time, I find a way to skip the song by saying "OMG, HAVE YOU HEARD THIS NEW SONG?". Just so I don't have to hear the painful voice of Demi.... I mean the girl has pipes, but she tends to oversing and pretty sure she'll destroy her vocal chords before the end of her career if she keeps up at this pace.

Edited by Infinity., 17 February 2018 - 01:29 PM.

#114 Mazinger

Mazinger

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Hola a todos

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:54 AM

The song is already number 29 in iTunes USA.....shakira que te pasa chica, did she retired already ? Omg what a missed opportunity

#115 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,604 posts

• United States

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

This song is awesome!!

It wouldve been so much better with Shakiras voice even with whatever effect they had arranged it with.

Sean, a veteran and proven hit producer wasnt going to release a w/e song with Shakira especially after he had hyped it up so much and genuinely expressed so much interest in working with her. Shes shady for doing this!

This might not be a We Found Love, but it will certainly add to the growing list of songs written and born FOR Shakira, but ultimately declined by shakira herself..... which then found success with the plan B for the songs interpreter.

Even The song she declined Fromm Sia found some mild success.

Do you al think Sean wants to work with her now, LOL.

#116 diditagain

diditagain

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

• Finland

• Quote:
    Oyendo el sonido de tu respirar...

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Its so catchy.
Its been on my head since the first listen.
Interesting to listen, how Shakira version vocals have influenced Beckys vocals on the final version.
Hopefully Shak version leaks for the fans some day.

I wouldve enjoyed Shakira singing this and scoring a smash hit.
Im one of the few who like Get It Started at the end of the day, and this song is so much better!

xxNE3JZ.png
¿Is it true that you love me?                ~                  I dare you to kiss me...

#117 Mazinger

Mazinger

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Hola a todos

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

Btw those are rumors where does it say sharia reject it ? Nobody knows what really happened

#118 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,604 posts

• United States

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

Btw those are rumors where does it say sharia reject it ? Nobody knows what really happened

Well, the song had her on it and it ultimately took a long time probably because of her saying no and Sean and his team having to look for a replacement.

And I do get Shakira vibes from this girls vicals, she probably heard her version and wanted to channel the songs original vibe/accent.

Sucks. This is just one of the songs we know about. There are probably tons of awesome collaborations that we dont know about.... maybe lady Gaga, another Beyoncé colab.... wasnt there one with Usher already done? Etc etc.

Edited by JMO, 20 February 2018 - 01:22 PM.

#119 Mazinger

Mazinger

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    Hola a todos

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

Well...she has done it, she was successful in the Anglo market years ago, and Stoll in the Hispanic market, maybe she just want to.enjoy her kids and family. Releasing a single in English with sean paul would require some promotion, presentations, etc. And maybe she just doesn't want that now. She did it before now she just wants to live a family live in Spain. I don't see anything wrong with it.

#120 Lorelei

Lorelei

Oral Fixation

• 7,797 posts

• Greece

• Quote:

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

She didn't bother to promote her front loaded overhyped lead single with Rihanna while she was about to release a new english album so i doubt  this was the reason she rejected it.

She needs an english single before the tour, though.

2di0ia8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users