• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:
    Hay personas que llegan a nuestra vida y la cambian para siempre.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

This topic is for official information only. it will be kept locked to prevent spamming and avoid the confusion of rumors.

when official information becomes available, please PM "E" (Emilio) or myself so we can include it here.

to discuss these news and other rumors please visit the new album discussion topic.

For more information, visit the New album central in the official Epic forums.

----------------------------------------------------------

Aug 2008

Shakira Working With RedOne

http://www.nationalledger.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=28&num=21935

Oct 15th, 2008

Shakira and Toby Gad Working Together

From Gad's official youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 7th 2009

Shakira Hits The Studio with Calle 13
Exclusive from Latina.com

http://en.terra.com/...tml/oci9578.htm

Posted Image

Jan 15th, 2009

Shakira Recording With Pharrell, Wyclef

Leila Cobo, Miami

Posted Image

http://www.billboard...003931005.story

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you notice there is missing information, please PM me with the quote and source.

-------------

April 27th, 2009:

Shakira prepara lanzamiento de su nuevo disco

Bogotá, Colombia (RCN) - La expectativa por el nuevo álbum de la barranquillera crece, trabajo que sólo se conocerá completo hasta septiembre. Por el momento, la colombiana se toma su tiempo para planear una buena estrategia de lanzamiento.

La artista escogió la primera semana de junio para presentar el tema con el cual promocionará el disco que ya está completamente listo. Las fotografías del cuadernillo ya fueron tomadas.

http://www.canalrcn....su-nuevo-disco/

Quick translation:
-The new album will be released in september and she is taking the time to come up with a good release strategy
-Single will be out the first week of June
-the CD is already completed
-Booklet pictures were already taken

--------------------

May 8th, 2009

1) A song, called "The Border" leaked to the internet. It is confirmed to be a shakira song (Featuring wyclef, or perhaps a wyclef song featuring shakira, that is still unconfirmed), but it is also confirmed that it is just a demo and that it wont be released at all.

2)

Antonio De La Rua gave an interview about the ALAS foundation to a Colombian radio station La W. The interview was about the ALAS foundation, for the most part, but Antonio managed to give some details about the album, or rather, ALBUMS.

Antonio said:
1) first single possibly in June. Shakira alone (not featuring anyone) and in English.
2) 2 albums, first one in English, second one in Spanish a few months later.
3) first single of the English album will have a Spanish version.
4) the Spanish album will have no translations.
5) both albums will have 3-5 months apart between them.
6) there is no Madonna collaboration.

you can hear the whole interview here, in spanish.

--------------

May 28th

Confirmado: el nuevo single de Shakira sale a finales de Junio
Tras innumerables rumores al respecto, fuentes oficiales de Sony-BMG han confirmado a Los40.com una serie de datos sobre el esperado nuevo disco de Shakira. La colombiana editará un primer álbum en inglés, cuyo título aún no se conoce, que será presentado con un single en esa lengua para el territorio anglosajón y en castellano para España y Latinoamérica.

Este primer LP estará a la venta en la primera quincena de Octubre, ya que ahora mismo está terminando de mezclarse. Cinco o seis meses depués de que vea la luz llegará un segundo trabajo en español.

Para ir abriendo boca podremos escuchar a finales de Junio el single de adelanto, que, al igual que sucedió con su anterior éxito, Las de la intuición, aparecerá en ambos idiomas. Además, los40.com ha confirmado que las dos versiones aparecerán en el primer álbum esperado para el Otoño. Finalmente, en contra de lo que apuntaban algunos rumores, la canción no será un dueto con otro artista.

En cuanto a las colaboraciones, a nivel de producción están confirmados los nombres de Pharrell Will.i.am, Wycleaf Jean, Toby Gad, Gustavo Cerati y Redone. Dentro de unos días podremos ir adelantando más informaciones sobre este esperado trabajo.

Los40.com

important information from this article:
-First English single (name still unknown) will be released at the end of June, and it's spanish version will be included in the eglish album. (maybe in the bonus track format or maybe in a laundry service-ish way, who knows)
-English album out the first half of october
-"In a few days" more info will be available via www.los40.com

also, this article hints that the English album will have no vocal collaborations, just producing ones.

the rest, has already been stated in articles above.

-----------------

June 7th

According to those two articles the new single is called "She Wolf"

Por último, y a manera de cierre, se ha conocido que el primer sencillo del nuevo álbum de Shakira se llamará “She Wolf” y se espera sea lanzado a finales de este mes.

http://new.e1.music....de-la-educacin/
http://www.edisonres...ong_of_2009.php

And also according to Jairo Martinez who has worked with Shakira:

Posted Image

--------------

June 10th

1) The single is confirmed to be called "She Wolf." Source

2) Pharell talks about working with shakira on several songs.

--------------

June 13th

First picture: Shakira behind the scenes of her new video "She Wolf".

Posted Image

-----------

Stay tuned for more info!

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#2 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

June 16th :rolleyes:

The new Shakira single: it's literally very good
Story filed Tuesday, 16 June 2009
A lady from Shakira 's record label came to play us the big comeback single 'She Wolf' earlier this morning, then she left the building with the CD.

Fortunately we had secretly wired up our office with hundreds of high quality microphones, allowing us to bootleg the song - an MP3 of which we will put online later.

In the meantime, make do with the news that...

» It doesn't sound like anything Shakira has done before - it's a bit dancey and a bit electronic with a quite organic disco feel - but even as an instrumental there would still be a feeling that this is very much a Shakira-sounding track. We know a lot of people (including Shakira) are very protective of Shakira's sonic identity and we think they'll be satisfied that she's gone in a slightly new direction wiht this while keeping herself right in the centre of the mix. From this jumping off point the rest of the album could go in any direction - it's quite exciting.

» To underscore the 'a bit dancey' claim above: everyone report to the dancefloor, it's 125 beats per minute.

» The chorus goes "there's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set it free (howling noise), there's a she wolf in the closet, let it out so it can breathe". To be absolutely clear on this, Shakira does indeed make a wolf noise. (Amazing.)

» As opening lines about werewolfism go, "a domesticated girl, that's all you ask of me - darling it is no joke, this is lycanthropy" is up there with the best. Definitely in the Top 20.

» The bridge has a slight feel of a song we won't name because if we do it might be interpreted as some sort of statement that 'She Wolf' sounds like the song in question, which it doesn't. But it does sound a bit like the song we are thinking of. It also has a great lyric: "I've been devoting myself to you Monday to Monday and Friday to Friday, not getting enough retribution reducing incentive to keep me at it."

» Best line: "LIKE A COFFEE MACHINE IN AN OFFICE".

» There's a sort of harmonised vocodered filtery "there's a she wolf in disguise, coming out, coming out, coming out" bit at the beginning; there are some brilliant Boney M 'Rasputin'-style strings near the end.

» Structurally the song's intro / vocoderybit / verse / bridge / chorus / postchorus / verse / bridge / chorus / vocoderybit / Boney M-style strings bit / tiny bit of chorus / sudden end.

» ONLY MAJOR FLAW: There isn't a bit where she goes 'Beyonce Beyonce' and then Beyonce comes and goes 'Shakira Shakira'. Gratuitous retreading of former glories fail.

» In summary: it's a new sound for Shakira but only Shakira could make a song like this and get away with it. Singers and songs often revolve in different spheres - sometimes seemingly reliant on whose A&R team is quickest to answer Ryan Tedder's emails - but 'She Wolf' represents a brilliantly tight bond between art and artist. It's fun and deranged, too, like pop music at its best sometimes needs to be.

In other news:

» Shakira has, apparently, gone 'platinum blonde' for this release.

We were joking about the bootlegging-it-and-putting-it-online business by the way. That would be ridiculous - and illegal.
Link

June 17th :protest:

The new Shakira single: What's it like?
Wednesday, June 17 2009, 18:46 BST

By Nick Levine, Music Editor and David Balls, Music Reporter

Earlier today we toddled over to Sony's London HQ for an early bird listen to the new Shakira single. Readers, we were not disappointed. Though 'She-Wolf' features some discernible reference points, including an intro that brings to mind 'Filthy/Gorgeous' by Scissor Sisters and a strong disco influence, it sounds like nothing else in the charts at the moment. There's a massive amount to take in the first time you hear it, but after two or three plays we were both completely hooked.

The track begins with a pelvis-teasing bassline and guitar licks that would have done the business at Studio 54, before the chorus takes it an entirely unexpected direction. "There's a she-wolf in the closet, open up and set her free," an overdubbed Shakira sings. "There's a she-wolf in the closet, let it out so we can breathe." There's also a fantastic middle 8 that pushes the track into filter disco territory and a flourish of strings towards the finish, before 'She-Wolf' concludes, three minutes after it started, with some lusty panting.

Oh yes, and did we mention it's a bit nuts? Shakira even manages to drop in the word "lycanthropy", which according to our friends at dictionary.com refers to a "delusion in which one imagines oneself to be a wolf or other wild animal". This offers a clue as to the song's subject matter, but whatever the hell it's about, it's certainly packed with ear-snagging lyrics. Our favourite couplet? "To look for a single man I've got me a special radar / Fire department's on hotline in case I get in trouble later."

Right, final thoughts time. This is the sort of track that will sound terrific on the radio, terrific on the dancefloor and especially terrific as you strut into work with your iPod cranked up to full whack on a hot summer's morning. In short, it's an absolute smash.

Link

Edited by Wolfy, 24 June 2009 - 04:00 PM.

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#3 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:47 AM

June 19 :shakirachick276:

Listen to a 15 secs preview of "She Wolf" (instrumental):

http://www.univision..._requestid=1025

A little bit of the Shakira single.
Story filed Friday, 19 June 2009

This is the sort of Boney M bit we mentioned the other day.
PopJustice

Edited by Wolfy, 24 June 2009 - 04:00 PM.

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#4 Wolfy

Wolfy

Watch Out For The She Wolf In The Closet!

• Admin
  • 5,848 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "If it doesn't matter in five years, then it doesn't matter" ~ Cher, 2008

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

June 24 :shewolfpaw:

KIIS FM She Wolf and Loba 15 sec preview

Challenge Me On Songpop: ballboxworker

#5 E

E

cool, i get to have a custom member title.

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:
    my quote is to not have a quote.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

June 25th Posted Image

Read the lyrics to "Loba", the spanish version of She-Wolf.

"Loba"

Sigilosa al pasar
Sigilosa al pasar
Esa loba es especial
Mirala, caminar caminar

Quién no ha querido a una diosa licántropa
En el ardor de una noche romantica
Mis aullidos son el llamado
Yo quiero un lobo domesticado

Por fin he encontrado un remedio infalible que borre del todo la culpa
No pienso quedarme a tu lado mirando la tele y oyendo disculpas
la vida me ha dado un hambre voráz y tu apenas me das caramelos
Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventúd por ahí aunque te maten los celos

CH
Una loba en el armario
Tiene ganas de salir
Deja que se coma el barrio
Antes de irte a dormir

Tengo tacones de aguja magnetica
Para dejar a la manada frenetica
La luna llena como una fruta
No da consejos ni los escucha

Llevo conmigo un radar especial para localizar solteros
Si acaso me meto en aprietos tambien llevo el número de los bomberos
ni tipos muy lindos ni divos ni niños ricos yo se lo que quiero
pasarla muy bien y portarme muy mal en los brazos de algún caballero

Una loba en el armario
Tiene ganas de salir
Antes de irte a dormir

Cuando son casi la una la loba en celo saluda a la luna
Duda si andar por la calle o entrar en un bar a probar fortuna
Ya está sentada en su mesa y pone la mira en su proxima presa
Pobre del desprevenido que no se esperaba una de esas

Sigilosa al pasar
Sigilosa al pasar
Esa loba es especial
Mirala caminar, caminar

Antes de irte a dormir

credits: Shakira.com

#6 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:37 AM

June 25th Posted Image

This is just a translation of "Loba" made by a fan (Novic), not the official English version of "She Wolf" (!!!)

"She Wolf"

Stealthily passing
Stealthily passing
That she-wolf is special
Look at her, walking walking

Who hasn't wanted a lycanthrope goddess
In the heat of a romantic night
My howls are the calling
I want a domesticated wolf

Finally, I have found an infallible remedy to erase all the blame
I'm not thinking of staying by your side watching t.v. and hearing excuses
Life has given me a voracious hunger and you barely give me candy
I'm leaving with my legs and my youth somewhere over there even if your jealousy kills you

There's a she-wolf in the wardrobe
It has yearnings to come out
Allow it to devour the neighborhood
Before going to sleep

I have magnetic spike heels
To leave the frenetic pack
The full moon like a fruit
Does not give advice nor does it hear

I bring with me a special radar to locate bachelors
In case I see myself in a tight spot, I also brought the firefighters' number
No pretty boys, no divas, no rich boys I know what I want
Having a good time and being a bad girl in the arms of some gentleman

There's a she-wolf in the wardrobe
It has yearnings to come out
Before going to sleep

When it's almost one the she-wolf in heat greets the moon
She doubts whether to walk in the streets or try fortunes in a bar
She's sitting in a table and she puts her eye on her next prey
Too bad for the unsuspecting that didn't expect one of these

Stealthily passing
Stealthily passing
That she-wolf is special
Look at her, walking walking

Before going to sleep

credits: Novic

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#7 E

E

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:21 AM

June 25th :shewolfpaw:

listen to a LQ version of the whole song here:

LOBA

Edited by E, 26 June 2009 - 12:35 PM.

#8 E

E

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

June 29th :shewolfpaw:

Stream the full song (loba) in HQ!!!

listen here: STREAM

================================================================================

Loba and She Wolf iTunes release date revealed! July 14th, 2009.

Sources: Official Forum | Official Youtube Channel

Edited by E, 29 June 2009 - 08:48 PM.

#9 E

E

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

July 1st :shewolfpaw:

Shakira lanza 'Loba' y dice que está lista para ser madre
Posted Image

La barranquillera reaparecio con una piel distinta, mas madura, mas lanzada, como el disco del que ya se escucha el sencillo Loba.

En total se tratará de diez canciones, de las que siete son en inglés y tres en español.

La barranquillera sorprendió con el anuncio de que espera ser madre pronto, tal vez el año próximo cuando termine la gira en la que desembocará el disco que será estrenado en su totalidad en octubre.

Pero además del heredero que desea -sin casarse y en eso es enfática- también lanzará otro álbum predominantemente en español; esto será durante el primer semestre de 2010 y pondrá a la venta el perfume con su nombre y en el que viene trabajando desde hace dos años.

La artista contó a EL TIEMPO que en este álbum tuvo la colaboración de Gustavo Cerati para el tema Devoción, una balada roquera y uno de los temas en español.

"Además invite a escribir a Drexler (Jorge, ganador del Oscar por Al otro lado del río)... Yo invito a todo el mundo a Nassau -dice y suelta una carcajada-. El es uno de los letristas más talentosos del español. Le tengo gran admiración".

Igualmente, y aunque no está incluida en este trabajo, Shakira contó que ya esta casi lista una canción compuesta con Calle 13 y que estará en el siguiente trabajo, el que lanzará el año que viene

¿Se podría decir que este es el trabajo más discotequero de su carrera?

Es un álbum distinto, los ritmos, la envoltura es electrónica principalmente y para bailar. Pero igual sigo con las fusiones como las de la música de la India y de otras culturas. Hay sintetizadores pero también con alusión al Carnaval de Barranquilla.

Es muy ochentero, disco, dance...
Creo que en el Pop de los 80 había más fantasía. Ahora todo es más directo y ahí aparece Loba, en la búsqueda de esa fantasía. Loba ha sido el reflejo de mi propia libertad individual, como mujer de 32 años que siente el derecho de defender sus deseos. Loba también es el hombre de este tiempo y también los gay, es el ser humano que tiene derecho a defender su querer.

¿Es feminista?

Creo que hoy las mujeres podemos complacernos a nosotras mismas mas que hace un siglo; y sí, tal vez es un poco feminista.

¿Se inspiro en lo personal, en Antonio (de la Rúa), tal vez?

Escribir es un misterio para mí, no se cómo sucede. Se parece mucho al mundo de los sueños, como cuando soñamos toda la noche y al despertar no recordamos nada, pero todo queda ahí y un día sale, algo los dispara.

Claro que hablo de mi vida, de mi edad, de mi momento intelectual, también de las historias de amigas que se me quedan pegadas en la piel.

¿Y para cuando el heredero?

Tengo muchas ganas de ser madre, no es el momento aún y menos en medio de un lanzamiento y una gira. Pero después de esto nos pondremos en la tarea. Quiero tener mi Lobito.
Pero así las cosas hablaríamos de unos dos años... No, hágame una rebajita... (risas). Quiero que sea antes.

¿Y sin matrimonio?

¡Sin matrimonio! La loba es moderna.

Por Diego León Giraldo S.
Director revista Elenco
Nassau, Bahamas
Por invitación de Sony

El Tiempo

important info about the album:
-the album will have 10 songs, 7 in english and 3 in spanish
-two albums, one mostly in english and the other one mostly in spanish.
-the 'mostly in spanish' album will be released in the first months of next year
-she worked with Gustavo Cerati and Jorge Drexler in the spanish songs
-the Cd is very 80s sounding and very dance, but keeping with her tendencies of mixing with world music, such as indian and colombian.
-song title revealed: Devoción. one of the spanish songs in which she worked with cerati.

==============================================================

Shakira habló de su nuevo disco
En entrevista para EL TIEMPO, Shakira se mostró nuevamente como una mujer contestataria
Posted Image

Tras dos horas y media de retraso, Shakira por fin llegó al salón del Hotel Sheraton en el que se reunió con una decena de periodistas de medios latinos ante los que lanzó Loba, el sencillo en español con el que vuelve al mercado.

Y aunque todo el CD será básicamente en inglés, la barranquillera se estrenó con esta canción en español como agradecimiento a los latinos que han impulsado su carrera. Un tema divertido y discotequero, con sonidos dance, disco y electro, que pareciera una ronda infantil pero que tiene un fondo de humor negro, es el que ya está sonando en las emisoras.

En Nassau, la isla caribeña en la que vive y compone, fue la cita a la que EL TIEMPO asistió en exclusiva como medio colombiano de prensa escrita.

En este sencillo, Shakira se muestra nuevamente como una mujer moderna y contestataria. "Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahi aunque te maten los celos", dice uno de los apartes del tema en el que constantemente se escuchan aullidos, jadeos y lamentos sensuales de los que ya son caracteristicos en su estilo.

"Llevo conmigo un radar especial para localizar solteros / si acaso me meto en aprietos también llevo el número de los bomberos / ni tipos muy lindos ni divos ni niños ricos, yo sé lo que quiero / pasarla muy bien y portarme muy mal en los brazos de algún caballero".

Y este último es justamente uno de los más divertidos apartes de la canción. Pero además de Loba, que ya está sonando, la estrella dejó escuchar la versión en inglés del mismo título y otros cuatro temas entre los que está la balada rock Últimamente. Allí, Shakira pareciera volver a los sonidos de sus comienzos, pero con una evolución en la forma de armar las frases. El despecho es la idea central de esta canción. Igualmente, recurriendo a los ancestrales ritmos orientales de esos que hizo populares en Ojos así, la colombiana juega con la percusión y los vientos en los discotequeros Why Wait, Good Stuff y Did it Again, las otras tres composiciones que logramos escuchar en primicia.

El CD completo será lanzado en octubre, pero de lo que hay total seguridad y consenso entre los periodistas que lo escucharon es que será un nuevo éxito y que Shakira se volverá a tomar las discotecas del mundo.

Publicado el Julio 1 de 2009
Por Diego Leon Giraldo
Especial para EL TIEMPO
Nassau, Bahamas

Vive in - Bogota (magazine of El Tiempo news paper)

-CD out in October
-Other song titles revealed: Ultimamente, Why Wait, Good Stuff, Did It Again.

Edited by E, 01 July 2009 - 12:31 PM.

#10 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

Revealed song titles:

★ Why Wait
★ Good Stuff
★ Did it Again
★ Últimamente
★ Devoción

(source: articles above)

http://forums1.epicr...akira/albumnews

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#11 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

Rough translation of the interview with El Tiempo.com:

Shakira releases "LOBA" and says that she is ready to be mother!

The Barranquillian re appeared with a different skin, more mature, more risky, like the album from which Loba Comes from.

In total is about 10 songs, from which Seven are in English and three in Spanish.

The Barranquillian surprised everyone with the anouncement that she wants to be a mother really soon, maybe next year when her world tour and album due in October promotion is done.

But also the heir is desired without marriage and in that she's emphatic - She also will release another album in Spanish; during the first semester of 2010 and she will release her perfume which she has been working on for about 2 years.

The artist told El TIEMPO that in this album she colabotated with Gustavo Cerati for the song called Devocion, a rock ballad and one of the songs in Spanish.

"I invited to write Drexler( Jorge, Oscar winner for Al otro lado del rio)... I invite everyone to Nassau- she says and laughs -. He is one of the best writers and most talented in Spanish. I admired him a lot".

In the same way, and even though is not included in this album, Shakira said that a song with calle 13 is almost ready and that it would be in her next album, due next year.

You could say this is the most "Discotequero" "Disco" album of your career?

It's a different album, the rhythms, the concept is mainly electronic to dance. But I still keep the fusions like the Indian Music and other cultures. There's Synthesizers but Also an ALUSION to The Barranquillian Carnival.

It's very 80'S disco, Dance...
I believe that, in the 80'S pop there was more fantasy. Now everything is more direct and there LOBA is born, in the quest of that fantasy. Loba has been the reflection of my own individual freedom,as a 32 year old woman that feels it has the right to defend her desires. Loba is also a man of that kind and also the gays, is the human being who has its right to defend what it wants.

is it feminist?

I believe that today we as women can please ourselves more than a century ago; and yes maybe it's a bit feminist.

Were you inspired in you personal views, in Antonio (de larua), maybe?

To wite is a mistery for me, I don't know how it happens. It seems much like the world of the dreams, like when we dream all night and when we wake up we don't remember anything, but everything is there and one day it goes out, something "shoots" them.

Of course I talk about my life, my age, of my intelectual moment, also of my friends stories that get glued up on my skin.

And the heir?

I want to be a mother, not now with the release of my new album and a tour. But after of this we'll work on that. I want to have my baby wolf. But maybe in 2 years ... or no I want it sooner.

Without Marriage?

! Without marriage! The She Wolf is modern.

Por Diego León Giraldo S.

Director revista Elenco
Nassau, Bahamas
Por invitación de Sony

http://www.eltiempo....madre_5568447-1

credits: Wolf-hunter (Dave)

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#12 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:04 PM

July 2nd :daveloveshaki:

Exclusive single cover of "She Wolf" and "Loba":

Posted Image

Posted Image

Release details of new single revealed

We're very excited to confirm that the first single from Shakira's forthcoming new album is She-Wolf, which will be available worldwide from July 13th, both as a download and on CD. The Spanish-language version of the track, Loba, is available to hear now on the player at Shakira's MySpace.

Shakira wrote and produced the energizing, electro-tinged She-Wolf with John Hill (Santigold) and penned the typically quirky lyrics, in which she weaves a mischievous tale of a metaphorical she-wolf. An inventively sexy video directed by Jake Nava and featuring the metamorphosis of a woman told through her unique dance techniques, will follow the single in late July.

The full album (title to be announced soon) is due out in October 2009 from Epic, a division of Sony Music. The album features a predominantly English track list with a follow up album of new and unique repertoire in Spanish to come in 2010.

credits: http://www.shakira.com/

Edited by E, 02 July 2009 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#13 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

July 3rd ::censored::

"She Wolf"-storyboards had to be removed. Read Xandrios post:

Guys,

The creator of the storyboards contacted me. Seems that the recordlabel wasnt too happy that the pics were posted here. Since they are copyrighted I had to remove them. Please do not re-post them.

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#14 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

July 4th :shakifanatica54:

Listen to a longer preview of "She Wolf":

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#15 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:12 AM

July 6th :shewolfpaw:

Hungry like the 'Loba': International pop superstar Shakira returns with a new look and sound

Spanish language artwork of Shakira's new single, "Loba" or "She Wolf," set for release worldwide on July 13th.

Three years ago, the world discovered her hips did not lie. Now she's set to prowl the airwaves as this summer's "Loba." Get ready for the return of Grammy-winning performer Shakira.

After a three-year absence, the multi-format and multi-platinum pop sensation is set to unleash her first single since the Grammy-nominated smash "Hips Don't Lie." The lead track from her new studio album, "She-Wolf" will be released worldwide on July 13th. Music fans will be able to obtain the track as a download and on CD. The Spanish-language version of the track, "Loba," can be heard at Shakira's MySpace.

Written and produced by Shakira and John Hill (Santigold), "She-Wolf" finds the artist experimenting with electro-pop coupled with lyrics spinning a wicked tale of a she-wolf. Expect the video directed by Jake Nava later this month to expand on the sexually charged photography of the single's artwork. Shakira's still-to-be-titled album is set for release this October with a Spanish-language follow-up disc scheduled for 2010.

http://www.examiner....-look-and-sound

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#16 E

E

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

July 10th :shewolfpaw:

Posted Image

The ABC Music Lounge will exclusively debut Shakira’s first single, “She-Wolf,” from her upcoming album on Epic Records. The song will be available to download for free on this page starting Sunday, July 12 at 7:00 p.m., ET/4:00 p.m., PT, until Monday, July 13, at midnight, ET/9:00 p.m., PT.

Shakira wrote and produced “She-Wolf” with John Hill (Santogold). The full album (title to be announced) is due out in October 2009.

http://musiclounge.a...com/artist/9926

#17 E

E

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

July 11th :rolleyes2:

Read the official lyrics below!

SHE WOLF

SOS she’s in disguise
SOS she’s in disguise
There’s a she wolf in disguise
Coming out coming out coming out

A domesticated girl that’s all you ask of me
Darling it is no joke this is lycanthropy
The moon's awake now with eyes wide open
My body’s craving so feed the hungry

I’ve been devoting myself to you Monday to Monday and Friday to Friday
Not getting enough retribution or decent incentives to keep me at it
I’m starting to feel just a little abused like a coffee machine in an office
So I’m gonna go somewhere cozy to get me a lover and tell you all about it

There’s a she wolf in the closet
Open up and set it free
Let it out so it can breathe

Sitting across a bar staring right at her prey
It’s going well so far she’s gonna get her way
Nocturnal creatures are not so prudent
The moon's my teacher and I’m her student

To locate the single men I got on me a special radar
And the fire department hotline in case I get in trouble later
Not looking for cute little divos or rich city guys that just want to enjoy
I’m having a very good time in the heat, very bad in the arms of a boy

Open up and set it free
Let it out so it can breathe

SOS she’s in disguise
SOS she’s in disguise

SOS she’s in disguise
SOS she’s in disguise

There’s a she wolf in your closet, let it out so it can breath
e

source: www.shakira.com

#18 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

July 12th :huh:

Listen to "She Wolf" here:

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#19 E

E

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:02 AM

July 13th :o

1) She wolf is officially released to the radios today around the world!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
2) The album is confirmed to be called "She Wolf" by Shakira herself during a radio interview with z100 in NY. the interview can be heard later today on our main website.

3) Pop Justice did a review of 5 songs of the album: check it out! Link

4) check out a preview of the She Wolf Video! Link

#20 E

E

• Admin
  • 20,498 posts

• Dominican Republic

• Quote:

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

July 14th :blackdreamer:

She Wolf and Loba are now officially on sale on iTunes USA!

CLICK HERE TO BUY SHE WOLF!
CLICK HERE TO BUY LOBA!

Edited by E, 13 July 2009 - 08:49 PM.

#21 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:54 AM

July 25th :shewolfpaw:

Check out a short clip of the 'Making of She Wolf':

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#22 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:07 AM

July 29th :shewolfpaw:

Pre-order Shakira's new album "She Wolf":

http://shakira.skyro...usic/index.html

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#23 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:31 AM

September 4th :daveloveshaki:

Listen to previews of Shakira's new album "She Wolf":

Did It Again

Gypsy

Why Wait

Good Stuff

All the songs:

Go to Hit Predictor and become a member now!! Cuz look at what I just saw:

Posted Image

Posted Image

credits: cufnc

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#24 LaPoeta

LaPoeta

Oldie

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 11,618 posts
  • Quote:

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:25 AM

September 7th :daveloveshaki:

According to popjustice, this is going to be the album cover:

Posted Image

Apparently, "Did it again" is going to be the second single.

Source: http://www.popjustice.com/

Posted Image

"No hables en plural."

#25 LilAngel

LilAngel

No Creo

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:59 AM

Information from Sony BMG Germany:

Catalogue no.: 88697595872
Release date: Oct. 9, 2009

1 Shakira: She Wolf (Album Version) 03:08
2 Shakira: Did it Again (Album Version)
3 Shakira: Long Time (Album Version)
4 Shakira: Why Wait (Album Version)
5 Shakira: Good Stuff (Album Version)
6 Shakira: Men In This Town (Album Version)
7 Shakira: Gypsy (Album Version)
8 Shakira: Spy (featuring Wyclef Jean) (Album Version)
9 Shakira: Mon Amour (Album Version)
10 Shakira: Lo Hecho Está Hecho (Album Version)
11 Shakira: Años Luz (Album Version)
12 Shakira: Loba (Album Version) 03:08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users