Photo

The El Dorado World Tour Setlist Poll Results!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,007 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Below are the results of the El Dorado World Tour setlist poll, after hundreds of fans participated!  Thanks so much to everyone who voted and helped, especially Hamza, who designed the incredible layouts below.  Please share the results on social media!  Let's get these results as much attention as the poll got. :D

Link to share: http://bit.ly/2t5rGXK

SHAKIRA_POLL_RESULTS_1.jpg

SHAKIRA_POLL_RESULTS_2.jpg

SHAKIRA_POLL_RESULTS_3.jpg

SHAKIRA_POLL_RESULTS_4.jpg

#2 alejandritostevens

alejandritostevens

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:
    I´ll be there and you´ll be near

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

OMG i'm dying at this:

"(***) Acoustic version of Chantaje was displayed as a separate option"

You better let her know no one is here for that!

#3 Jesus

Jesus

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

• Spain

• Quote:
    No soy la clase de idiota que se deja convencer, pero digo la verdad y hasta un ciego lo puede ver

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

I don't understand why people are voting for songs that is 100% sure she's gonna sing. And the 3 of them are in the three first places lol

k6fCN8h.png

#4 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,426 posts

• United States

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Where are songs like no creo, custome makes the clown, islands, COCONUT TREE, WHEN A WOMAN and que me quedes tú? I would die hearing these songs as would almost every other fan.

:/ crtfy is a mess live.

#5 Memnto02

Memnto02

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

I'm not surprised by the results.

#6 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,669 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

Of course most people want to hear the songs that she will perform anyway (La tortura, WW, HDL). Apart from MITT and DIA that looks like the setlist a "radio singles" fan would put together (which I guess, sadly, is pretty representative of her greater fanbase nowadays.)

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#7 Memnto02

Memnto02

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

Of course most people want to hear the songs that she will perform anyway (La tortura, WW, HDL). Apart from MITT and DIA that looks like the setlist a "radio singles" fan would put together (which I guess, sadly, is pretty representative of her greater fanbase nowadays.)

But this is typical of any artist going on tour.

#8 FelipeM

FelipeM

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Travelling, Cinema, Music.

• Australia

• Quote:
    Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes...

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

What a waste of time and hopes that poll.. obviously people didn't get it 😠

#9 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,669 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    "... And like everyone else on the internet he's angry and his opinions are meaningless..."
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

What a waste of time and hopes that poll.. obviously people didn't get it 😠

Exactly....

:whistle: If I mess up everything someday, I won't hide my head in shame....   :whistle:

#10 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,669 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

But this is typical of any artist going on tour.

But you have artists like Madonna who always spice up their setlists. They perform different songs in different cities, or they perform the same songs with different arrangements. Shakira just recycles the same show, same songs, same versions, etc.

#11 Memnto02

Memnto02

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

True, but madonna charges $300 and up for her shows. Plus a lot of the times she recycles the songs every other tour. I will say she is good about adding in the new material. And shakira hasn't had the number of tours that madonna has had. To me, shakira's shows have all been different. TOTM was different from OFT which was different from SEST. Some songs may have sounded the same, but not all.

I know a lot of you think I just praise everything she does but it's only because I know who I am a fan of and I don't have high expectations. My expectations are different for someone like shakira vs someone like madonna. I know shakira doesn't put in much effort into her productions, but at the end of the night she's had her fun on stage and I've had my fun being in the audience. Do I wish she would do a big production like TOTM again? Of course! Who doesn't?! But I'm realistic and know it might not happen so I don't get my hopes up. Do I want her to change up her setlist and include other personal favorites? Of course! But again I'm realistic and realize they are MY personal favorites and not the general public's faves. When putting on a show you gotta appeal to the general public and not the hardcore fan base. You can read my post in another topic about that.

At the end of the day I'm happy my girl is going on tour and that I get to see her at 3 shows. It makes me laugh when I hear other fans going to multiple shows and complaining about how the show is going to suck because of a supposed setlist from a blurry picture. Why buy tickets to so many shows when you claim to be so upset about how she puts on a show? Just buy tickets for one show and call it a day. Maybe that's why hard core fans feel the shows get boring....they go to too many shows for one tour.

I guess in November we'll find out.

Edited by Memnto02, 16 July 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#12 mongoose

mongoose

Senior

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

• Hungary

• Quote:
    Rabiosa, if you don't get enough I'll make it double

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

I think she won't sing songs like Objection and Don't Bother, Men in this Town and No because she already left out that songs from some shows.. in my opinion Estoy Aqui is the most possible song to bring back to the setlist

I like when Shakira sings rock but with so much new latin pop songs she won't do it in this time :(

so here's the best what she can perform now (to my mind):

Act 1. - Goddess of El Dorado
Dare (La La la)
When a Woman
La Tortura (Shaketon Remix)
Te Dejo Madrid
Si Te Vas

Act 2. - Treasures of El Dorado
Perro Fiel
Chantaje
Hips Don't Lie
Long Time
Loca

Act 3. - Beat of El Dorado
She Wolf
Las de la Intuición
Try Everything
What We Said
Nada

Act 4. - Power of El Dorado
Whenever, Wherever (Rock Version)
Can't Remember to Forget You
Inevitable
Estoy Aquí
Underneath Your Clothes
Deja vu

Act 5. - Spirit of El Dorado
Ojos Así
Waka Waka

Encore
La Bicicleta
Me Enamoré

I made a playlist for that list, enjoy it!

https://open.spotify...nSHTqZ9YEWeMGxV

#13 Gianfranco

Gianfranco

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,070 posts

• Peru

• Quote:
    I love Shakira

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

The results. ... what a waste

We should have stayed with my poll of non performed songs but ohh well.

You shouldn't send this to her team tbh :/

Edited by Gianfranco, 17 July 2017 - 09:40 AM.

5wir.png

#14 rpvee

rpvee

The Ojos Asi Guy

• 7,007 posts

• United States

• Quote:
    "It's funny that you owe... you owe so much to a song, you know, it's such an abstract concept." - Shakira

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

I don't know what some of you guys aren't liking about the dream set list. It has the hits, a number of songs from El Dorado, and then songs like No, Don't Bother, Men In This Town, Did It Again, Objection, Antologia, Empire...

#15 Greatness

Greatness

This is what is known as a Super Saiyan that has ascended ...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,096 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Video Games, Movies, Sports, TV Shows

• United States

• Quote:
    "Right back at ya," cause I'll survive...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

Men in this town and Antologia makes me happy.

But CRTFY? Nah. I'm surprised the self-titled even had that many votes. I'd rather have Loca Por Ti than that.

Only one DELL song (which she'll always perform anyway...) is not enough. Give me No Creo.

And give me Ready For the Good Times! It's a concert for crying out loud!

#16 alejandritostevens

alejandritostevens

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

• Argentina

• Quote:
    I´ll be there and you´ll be near

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

I don't know what some of you guys aren't liking about the dream set list. It has the hits, a number of songs from El Dorado, and then songs like No, Don't Bother, Men In This Town, Did It Again, Objection, Antologia, Empire...

Some people wanted all the hits to be left out so she can perform some obscure album tracks that Shakira herself probably doesn't remember. The results are pretty nice, this is what people indeed want to hear!

#17 JMO

JMO

human

• Platinum®
  • 2,426 posts

• United States

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Some people wanted all the hits to be left out so she can perform some obscure album tracks that Shakira herself probably doesn't remember. The results are pretty nice, this is what people indeed want to hear!

No creo, QMQT, WhenAW, METT, etc are not obscure album tracks.

She knows we live for that. She could be smart and include the all these classics in a 10 minute performance ( with a medley) but we all know she will still perform these songs in their entirety taking away valuable time from what could be a refreshed and "up to date" sounding set list.

It's what beyonce does for example. She still serves her classics but shortenes them so the new songs can shine. So casual and hardcore fans are both satisfied.

It's what artists with an expansive repertoire must (or should) do.

#18 sonador

sonador

Don't Bother

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 6,669 posts

• Colombia

• Quote:
    -Daniel Tosh.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

She knows we live for that. She could be smart and include the all these classics in a 10 minute performance ( with a medley) but we all know she will still perform these songs in their entirety taking away valuable time from what could be a refreshed and "up to date" sounding set list.

It's what beyonce does for example. She still serves her classics but shortenes them so the new songs can shine. So casual and hardcore fans are both satisfied.

Well, last tour she performed a shortened version of "Why wait" which kind of pissed me off because that song deserved to be performed in all its glory (specially with those string arrangements), and she also shortened "Ojos Asi" on the last leg of the tour which pissed off A LOT of people because it's Ojos Asi, you shouldn't mess with that song. So in the end it's impossible to make us all happy.

#19 Memnto02

Memnto02

Fan

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

So in the end it's impossible to make us all happy.

This! Exactly why we should just be excited to see her

#20 FelipeM

FelipeM

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 564 posts

• Australia

• Quote:

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

Nobody is talking about wanting her to leave out hits jeez.. the purpose of the poll was to present suggestions to Shakira. What is the point of asking her to please sing HDL, WW, SW, La Tortura, Ojos Así or Loca for example? Songs that she's going to sing anyway.. like always.
The idea was to bring her attention songs that she has overlooked over and over and that fans love like MITT, Mon Amour, Why Wait, Chasing Shadows, ATY, LDLI, Timor etc.

Edited by FelipeM, 17 July 2017 - 04:34 PM.

#21 Greatness

Greatness

This is what is known as a Super Saiyan that has ascended ...

• DIAMOND MEMBER
  • 5,096 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Video Games, Movies, Sports, TV Shows

• United States

• Quote:
    "Right back at ya," cause I'll survive...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Exactly. Even Kanye did the same thing on his tour as well; he pretty much had a 10 minute medley of his classics.

Anyway, am I the only one who doesn't want the self-titled to be on the tour that much? Empire is the only must-have for me.

#22 Vuelve88

Vuelve88

Uyyyyyy corn!

• 12,337 posts
  • Interests:I'm currently a Senior at Vanderbilt University, studying Political Science and Communication Studies. I'm hoping to become a lawyer in the future.

• United States

• Quote:
    Though my views may be wrong
    They may even be perverted
    She'll hear me out
    And won't easily be converted
    To my way of thinking
    In fact she'll often disagree
    But at the end of it all
    She will understand me

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Nice poll results!

Overall, I think the results are good. I'm glad "Si Te Vas", "Ciega Sordomuda", and "Inevitable" didn't make the Top 20. I hope she gets the hint, because those spots could be for new or different performances.

"Such a sad day in music and entertainment history. And just the other day I was saying how much I wished I was one of her twins."
- disneyreporter

"The only new Dell coming out are in the format of a computer." - JMO

#23 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Music, languages, books

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:35 AM

Nobody is talking about wanting her to leave out hits jeez.. the purpose of the poll was to present suggestions to Shakira. What is the point of asking her to please sing HDL, WW, SW, La Tortura, Ojos Así or Loca for example? Songs that she's going to sing anyway.. like always.
The idea was to bring her attention songs that she has overlooked over and over and that fans love like MITT, Mon Amour, Why Wait, Chasing Shadows, ATY, LDLI, Timor etc.

Exactly. 

Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahí aunque te maten los celos!

#24 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 1,969 posts

• Colombia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:00 AM

A mediocre dream list. They've missed the point.

#25 Gray Fox

Gray Fox

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D.

• 8,816 posts
  • Interests:Shakira, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration, Retouche, Traveling

• Netherlands

• Quote:
    Tanta indiferencia me hace mal

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:17 AM

I think all who are comlaining about including the hits are really  missing the point, leaving out the hits will create another unreleastic "dream" setlist which they arent going to present. Which would be incredibly useless.

Do you really think Shaki would go like "oh yeah, lets perform En Tus Pupilas, Your Embrace or Costume makes the clown"?.

The results are a far more realistic setlist where there are alltime favourites, fan favourites and GP favourites.

Including the hits gives us a better image of a more realistic setlist that people would really want to see performed. Not only fans but also the GP. Im glad to see STV/CS/Inevitable go tbh.  And incredibly happy to see Objection on it again, which makes me hope she'll put it back on. It was a hit back in the day and would be a great replacement for Te Dejo Madrid. 

Edited by Gray Fox, 18 July 2017 - 02:20 AM.

Banner.jpg

F.O.X.H.O.U.N.D. member

#26 AnaWhenever

AnaWhenever

Pies Descalzos

• Platinum®
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:Music, languages, books

• Spain

• Quote:
    I used to read survival guides when my world was full of seven legged cats, but here I am with 8 more lives

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:00 AM

I think all who are comlaining about including the hits are really  missing the point, leaving out the hits will create another unreleastic "dream" setlist which they arent going to present. Which would be incredibly useless

Presenting a setlist filled with songs she's going to perform anyway is just as useless.

I thought the point was to come up with a list of fan favorites/rare songs that we would like to see live, and then try to have a couple of those included on the final setlist.

Me voy con mis piernas y mi juventud por ahí aunque te maten los celos!

#27 FelipeM

FelipeM

King of the world

• *Gold Member*
  • 564 posts

• Australia

• Quote:

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:06 AM

Presenting a setlist filled with songs she's going to perform anyway is just as useless.

I thought the point was to come up with a list of fan favorites/rare songs that we would like to see live, and then try to have a couple of those included on the final setlist.

Exactly right, I thought the idea was to present a list of a few songs (3-6) not a setlist for the concert. I guess from here we can present Empire, Don't bother, MITT, Did it again and LDLI.

Unless we did it again :) using only songs never performed on a tour and present her with the top 6.

Edited by FelipeM, 18 July 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#28 Pefinol

Pefinol

Kiss Me I'm God!

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

• Peru

• Quote:
    La risa

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

It would actually be a great setlist.

tumblr_ogui1qglPh1qdafsho1_500.gif

tumblr_n0pm7u8ME91sjew17o1_400.gif

#29 Gianfranco

Gianfranco

Pies Descalzos

• *Gold Member*
  • 1,070 posts

• Peru

• Quote:
    I love Shakira

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

Exactly!

Exactly right, I thought the idea was to present a list of a few songs (3-6) not a setlist for the concert. I guess from here we can present Empire, Don't bother, MITT, Did it again and LDLI.

Unless we did it again  :) using only songs never performed on a tour and present her with the top 6.

yep. I made the poll but almost everyone ignored it. 89 responses so far

I guess we can still share it?! and send the results (6 songs) 

Edited by Gianfranco, 18 July 2017 - 12:41 PM.

5wir.png

#30 sherekan

sherekan

Beautiful liar.

• Platinum®
  • 1,969 posts

• Colombia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

Don't be naive y'all You should have sent that damn list ages ago.

It's a mega production all the songs had been picked by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users